Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,652 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor (17704 Views)

FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu / Adams Oshiomhole Appeals Judgement Removing Him As APC Chairman / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by phr0nesis(m): 6:18am On Aug 19, 2020
Damidave1124:
A
For Apple
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by jlinkd78(m): 6:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Diri will triumph
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by kyuniii(m): 6:21am On Aug 19, 2020
las las na court go end the matter, let me wait and see. Una good morning.
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by emperor863(m): 6:22am On Aug 19, 2020
Exercise in futility.

He wants to defend INEC's unlawful exclusion of a candidate from a registered political party when INEC is keeping quiet.

INEC itself did not call a single witness at the tribunal - for whatever reason (so I was told)
If that is the case, Diri:s election can not stand because you can not get something from nothing.

Seems Diri is not destined to govern Bayelda state for now. INEC has really done him in.

5 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by kcnwaigbo: 6:24am On Aug 19, 2020
emperor863:
Exercise in futility.

He wants to defend INEC's unlawful exclusion of a candidate from a registered political party when INEC is keeping quiet.

INEC itself did not call a single witness at the tribunal - for whatever reason (so I was told)
If that is the case, Diri:s election can not stand because you can not get something from nothing.

Seems Diri is not destined to govern Bayelda state for now. INEC has really done him in.
You did not read the INEC press release?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 6:29am On Aug 19, 2020
His grounds of appeal is weak.he is hinging his watery petition on the fact that the matter was filed out of time which is a big lie.him conceding that the cause of action happened on election day has finished him off

3 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 19, 2020
jrusky:

And Hope Nzodinma won his election bah
He won

He's votes were stolen by PDP unlike bayelsa

2 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 6:29am On Aug 19, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

Is inec the law or courts

2 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by Dididrumz(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2020
What is He even appealing sef?

If I'm not mistaking, that judgement has nothing to do with the Parties. It should be INEC appealing because PDP nor APC had nothing to do with the exclusion of ANDP.

The particular Judgement nullifying the election is an INEC issue.

The Nigerian system no just balance at all.

5 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 6:31am On Aug 19, 2020
Dididrumz:

If I'm not mistaking, that judgement has nothing to do with the Parties. It should be INEC appealing because PDP nor APC had nothing to do with the exclusion of ANDP.

He is a busybody

3 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by emperor863(m): 6:31am On Aug 19, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

No, not yet.
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by Deborah98(f): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2020
How did he become governor in the first place undecided

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by ORIENTATION101: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2020
So it is diri lawyers that will defend inec exclusion of andp.their defense is dead on arrival.

They should prepare for fresh Election cos appeal court can't set aside Tribunal judgment for this watery defense.cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by mu2sa2: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2020
12345baba:
Yam cutters and Yam eaters! What's my business kwanu?
Hahahaha, Pdp= Apc = Pdp= Apc.
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by adeoba2008(m): 6:40am On Aug 19, 2020
tesppidd:
As expected from the Supreme Court Governor, South South zone.

We also have Supreme Court Governor, South East zone and Supreme Court Governor, North West zone.

Remaining NE, NC and SW.

Very soon all the 6 geopolitical zones will be represented and we can have Nigerian Supreme Court Governors' forum NSCGF.
Savage.

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by ORIENTATION101: 6:41am On Aug 19, 2020
Dididrumz:

lawyers can make you believe you have a good case just to eat your money.

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by contigiency(m): 6:42am On Aug 19, 2020
Look at the speed with which he used to appeal the case. But he never used half of the same speed to achieve anything meaningful in the state since he entered office.

6 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by engineerboat(m): 6:43am On Aug 19, 2020
garfield1:
His grounds of appeal is weak.he is hinging his watery petition on the fact that the matter was filed out of time which is a big lie.him conceding that the cause of action happened on election day has finished him off

I hope you read the appeal to the end.

I hope you see where the Minority judgement should be uphold.

Read again this time slowly

3 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by jrusky(m): 6:43am On Aug 19, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

He won

Really, very really!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by IGBOGENE27(m): 6:44am On Aug 19, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

Sir, INEC's Press release has no bearing on this case. What matters is what they said at the tribunal. Although, I believe that both parties have 50 percent chance of winning at the appellate court.

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by engineerboat(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
So it is diri lawyers that will defend inec exclusion of andp.their defense is dead on arrival.

They should prepare for fresh Election cos appeal court can't set aside Tribunal judgment for this watery defense.cheesy

Diri can appeal because he was a party to the Tribunal Ruling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by KaptainAfrika: 6:47am On Aug 19, 2020
This man didn't win the election, that is a fact, he is another Supreme Court Appointed Governor.

3 Likes

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by Dididrumz(m): 6:49am On Aug 19, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
lawyers can make you believe you have a good case just to eat your money.

Very True

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2020
engineerboat:

I hope you read the appeal to the end.

I hope you see where the Minority judgement should be uphold.

Read again this time slowly

Take your own advice mr

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2020
jrusky:

Really, very really!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting.
Yes don't act like u didn't know
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 6:51am On Aug 19, 2020
Deborah98:
How did he become governor in the first place undecided

My baby. Omalicha
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by 12345baba(m): 6:52am On Aug 19, 2020
mu2sa2:
Hahahaha, Pdp= Apc = Pdp= Apc.
I dey tell u o. Magana yakari
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 6:52am On Aug 19, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

Very funny.the action was carried out by inec therefore the major appeal rests on inec

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by atemi01: 6:53am On Aug 19, 2020
jrusky:

And Hope Nzodinma won his election bah
No, na you win. Continue to rule Imo state from your hut

1 Like

Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by Emyogalanya: 6:56am On Aug 19, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

how will he see that one? This case is just a case of hand of esau but the voice of jacob. Its the apc that is sponsoring this party. See as they are all silent, just waiting for "fresh election" thats all they have been shouting here. Not because they feel for the guy nor is it because any known law was broken, they are just hiding behind this party so they can sneak in david lyon nwaigbo of habour road?
Re: Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor by sirlop(m): 6:57am On Aug 19, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

He won

Wow! He won and APC couldn’t win a single seat in the state house of assembly? I never knew u were this smart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olympics, Paralympics 2022: Buhari Wishes Nigerian Athletes Success / 2023: We’re Moving Out Of PDP If Crisis Remains Unresolved - Jerry Gana / Takeover Of Buhari’s Campaign Office In Katsina Signals Collapse Of APC - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.