Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? (706 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 / PDP Raises Rallying Cry - Says PMB Not Equipped To Lead In A Democracy / GMB As Head Of State In 1983 Vs Buhari As President In 2015 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by againstGEJ(m): 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
BUHARI who destroyed democracy and gave birth to IBB and ABACHA that deform and defame Nigeria, is again seen as the new messiah. Why are my people self destructing?

Save your insults, curses and abuses in your pocket.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by dominique(f): 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
i comment my reserve lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by karlmax2: 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
A man that can't explain how NNPC 2.8billion dollars was found Its way into his private account in midland bank in the uk.when he was about to be probed his broda shagari caused confusion and anarchy to pave way for him to take power him and his other evil geniuses abacha and babangida, a tribalistic man who jailed a second in command of a regime while the head of state of that regime was relaxing in a five star hotel!! A man that makes a law and looks the other way when his hausa fulani brother brings in fifty bags of full hard currency as at when he put a decree that hard currencies can't be taken in or out of the country and jailed fela for having 9500 pounds at the airport for the upkeep of his band
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Becomrichn: 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
c
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by againstGEJ(m): 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2011
Become

Thats not true. Do you want Buhari's speech of 1983?
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by LFJ: 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2011
This might help you to know who Buhari is; politics apart, your man Jonathan respect his integrity. I hope you will not come back here one day to express your regret for not giving your vote and support to man of honor.

dayokanu (m) What We Did Not Know About Buhari
« on: Yesterday at 07:01:33 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Buhari.
In 2011, GMB is not alone. He's supported by a team of volunteers online and offline like me, who never voted for him before. We didn't vote for him, because we didn't know. We didn't know that he supervised and birthed our only existing refineries. We didn't know that what he did in road construction while in the PTF hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP, even though we claimed they were lopsided. We didn't know that in his time as head of state he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military). We didn't know that there was no religious crisis while he led. We didn't know that JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while GMB merely gave his own, long-term jail sentences. We didn't know that the hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time. We did not know, that this man haven been in all the oil sectors in Nigeria, has no petrol station, much less a refinery or an oil rig like so many of our leaders. We never voted him, because we did not know.

But now we know, We know that he has followership in the north that money can't buy. We know that those who follow him are poor, and follow him out of hope and belief in his values. I have met old men who know him, who have said, "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank". Now we know that here is someone that has been in everything to make him a Dan-Something, but didn't take the road. We feared he was an Islamic fundamentalist, but he challenged us to provide any human being who can point at anything he did to show the same. His Cook and Drivers, two roles that can be influenced to have your life are Christians. In his passion for discipline, he has pulled down mosques, punished emirs, and followed principles over the respect of people. Then this year, to the utter shock of the world, he picks the most radically outspoken no nonsense Christian Preacher in Nigeria to be his vice. Now we know,
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by againstGEJ(m): 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
Really.

A man leads a coup to oust an elected government - slams the President and Vice in jail, and few years after, finds out the Shagari has only one house and says Ekwueme was not corrupt. So, why did you annul the elected government?
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by 1025: 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
@imbeciles,
the idea of casting elected/selected ppl into prison in 1983 will be a child's play compare to what will happen to these criminals any moment from now.
Buhari/Bakare 2011 is the only way out.
enough of these criminal minded pdp.
how can we allow these beasts steal N87b of our money and give us photocopied papers in the name of registeration card.
in fact, nigerians do not need buhari this time rather we need a Jerry Rawlings to come and kill these thieves.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by againstGEJ(m): 12:05am On Feb 17, 2011

You can make a point without insults, abuses and curses.

Come on, why cant you be civil for once? Who is the imbe-cile now? You or who?

Sorry, this is un called for.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by dinachi(m): 12:33am On Feb 17, 2011
As usual the agent of pdp are here again to decieve the people again and satify thier masters. But this time around nobody is listening. Drawing from the strength of fellow Africans in Egypt, tunisia etc, we are hell bent on chasing them out. THE BATTLE CRY IS Bb2011. I am voting a ticket I can defend even in heaven!
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Feb 17, 2011
karl max:

[b]A man that can't explain how NNPC 2.8billion dollars was found Its way into his private account in midland bank in the uk.[/b]when he was about to be probed his broda shagari caused confusion and anarchy to pave way for him to take power him and his other evil geniuses abacha and babangida, a tribalistic man who jailed a second in command of a regime while the head of state of that regime was relaxing in a five star hotel!! A man that makes a law and looks the other way when his hausa fulani brother brings in fifty bags of full hard currency as at when he put a decree that hard currencies can't be taken in or out of the country and jailed fela for having 9500 pounds at the airport for the upkeep of his band

He can't explain it or your own government REFUSES to explain it to you? undecided undecided
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Nsiman(m): 7:07am On Feb 17, 2011
Just like a dog vomiting and re-eating the vomits. Democracy isn't good for buhari he shld steer clear.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 17, 2011
I have been against the PDP especially after what happened in Anambra State during the OBJ days. It is not about the PDP, it is about the profiles of the candidates.

againstGEJ:

Really.

A man leads a coup to oust an elected government - slams the President and Vice in jail, and few years after, finds out the Shagari has only one house and says Ekwueme was not corrupt. So, why did you annul the elected government?

Thanks for reminding them and I wonder why we forget our history so much. Buhari is a tyrinical gold digger, and a vote for him is a vote for trouble.

He he used the gun given to him by the laws of Nigeria to trample upon Nigerians and the laws of Nigeria, built the platform of the dark days of IBB and Abacha, and throughout those days, he kept quite. He rather joined the Abacha government and was the head PTF (Petroluem "Theifing" Funds?). Enough of this "Buhari is a man of integrity" stories.

Have we all forgotten over night? The man is smart and kept quite. He is in the category of IBB and Abacha, except that they stole more than him. Perhaps, he is coming back to balance the equation.

Anybody voting for Buhari is either ignorant or simply playing the emotional game.
GEJ remains the best option in this deispensation.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by karlmax2: 8:33am On Feb 17, 2011
@kobo.why will they when he stole power he distroyed all evidence.what happened to the olushola saraki report on the stolen money that found it way to his midland acct in the uk after he stole power he of course distroyed it.u say pdp is currupt and obj is corrupt but non of u out there have proof of him been corrupt.but buhari when he was about to be probed he siezed power.when it was time to defend him self from all aligation against him he did not turn up instead like all of u his supporter behave started calling names instead of. Coming to defend him self.is only a theif and a coward that can't come and defend aligation in the role he played while as head of state,head of nnpc,and more resently his role as PTF head.I ask all his supporters why didn't he come to oputa panel.but anytime his invited to BBC hausa service he will go and blab about how is a saint I hope when the time for the debate for presidential candidate starts I can bet he won't appear as usual cos he knws he won't be able to defend him self
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Kobojunkie: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2011
karl max:

@kobo.why will they when he stole power he distroyed all evidence.what happened to the olushola saraki report on the stolen money that found it way to his midland acct in the uk after he stole power he of course distroyed it.u say pdp is currupt and obj is corrupt but non of u out there have proof of him been corrupt.but buhari when he was about to be probed he siezed power.when it was time to defend him self from all aligation against him he did not turn up instead like all of u his supporter behave started calling names instead of. Coming to defend him self.is only a theif and a coward that can't come and defend aligation in the role he played while as head of state,head of nnpc,and more resently his role as PTF head.I ask all his supporters why didn't he come to oputa panel.but anytime his invited to BBC hausa service he will go and blab about how is a saint I hope when the time for the debate for presidential candidate starts I can bet he won't appear as usual cos he knws he won't be able to defend him self

a) PDP is government and holds all the answers to your questions above --- the Government DOES NOT allow for sharing of data to this day. Why are you expecting someone else to feed you data that is in the hands of Government?

b) How does someone, like me, access information on these people, when they themselves rely on Government to release all this?

c) He does not have to come out to Oputa Panel --- we don't need him to. All Government has to do is release(make public) any evidence it has against the man, and then the man can answer. That was sort of part of the reason he did not show up, you know?

d) I can turn what you have above around to ask you What evidence ( not mouth diarrhea usual) but solid evidence do you have against Buhari ?

There is no such thing as destroying all the evidence. We have seen these things happen over and over in this country. One minute we are told evidence is destroyed, the next it shows up when someone wants to settle a score. Please stop letting the same people hoodwink you for longer than necessary. You should be out there demanding the government start telling you more truth than it has since you were born. Our Government has hidden way too much from us that it has affected the psyche of the majority. People are so used to running with what comes out of the rumour mill that critical thinking is now a rare gift with our own youth.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

a) PDP is government and holds all the answers to your questions above --- the Government DOES NOT allow for sharing of data to this day. Why are you expecting someone else to feed you data that is in the hands of Government?

b) How does someone, like me, access information on these people, when they themselves rely on Government to release all this?

c) He does not have to come out to Oputa Panel --- we don't need him to. All Government has to do is release(make public) any evidence it has against the man, and then the man can answer. That was sort of part of the reason he did not show up, you know?

d) I can turn what you have above around to ask you What evidence ( not mouth diarrhea usual) but solid evidence do you have against Buhari ?

There is no such thing as destroying all the evidence. We have seen these things happen over and over in this country. One minute we are told evidence is destroyed, the next it shows up when someone wants to settle a score. Please stop letting the same people hoodwink you for longer than necessary. You should be out there demanding the government start telling you more truth than it has since you were born. Our Government has hidden way too much from us that it has affected the psyche of the majority. People are so used to running with what comes out of the rumour mill that critical thinking is now a rare gift with our own youth.

Whether guilty or not, it takes a tyrant to shun such a national call.
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by Kobojunkie: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2011
noblezone:

Whether guilty or not, it takes a tyrant to shun such a national call.

Not in Nigeria it doesn't. Do I need to get you a name of some others who have shunned such "National calls" in the same country?
Re: Buhari "annuled" Democracy In 1983 - Why Should We Allow Him In A Democracy? by dinachi(m): 10:15am On Feb 17, 2011
I said it yesterday, the agents of the pdp are here again. But me i dont give a dime. Buhari is one million times better than anything the pdp has to offer. BB2011 is the answer!

(1) (Reply)

April Polls: Jonathan Hails Court Verdict On Five Govs - Come Again!!! / Foi Bill/igbo Presidency Abba-aji Swallows Words / Efcc Not Worth A Penny, Says Bankole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.