Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,975 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club (34576 Views)

Victor Anichebe And Maggie Malcheva, His Girlfriend Meet His Family In Anambra / Victor Anichebe's Uncompleted Mansion In Anambra, His Hometown (Photos) / Doralie 'Bad' Medina Is Victor Anichebe's New Girlfriend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by robosky02(m): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2020
Anichebe Declares Plans To Buy A Football Club

Former Super Eagles forward Victor Anichebe hopes to become a football owner in future in order to improve Black, Asian and minority (BAME) representation at boardroom level within the sport.

The lack of ethnic minority representation in positions of power across sports has come to light through the Black Lives Matter movement in recent months.

Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling called on English football to address the problem in June.

“We have to have a seat at the table to really effect change,” Anichebe said.

“We can’t try and affect change from the outside and looking in. I have seen a couple of players say they want to become CEOs or sporting directors and I think that is what we need to do.

“We need to aspire to these positions. But also, when we aspire to these positions [we then need] to get an opportunity to be in these positions. All of us together have a big role to play.”

The 32-year-old’s former team-mate Tim Howard became a part-owner of English fifth-tier club Dagenham & Redbridge and United Soccer League side Memphis 901.

Speaking of his hopes for such an opportunity to present itself, Anichebe said: “I would like to go down that route of owning a team.

“I do have a group of people that are quite wealthy guys and together we could come together and go down that route.”

He added: “I don’t see why we can’t all come together [as players] and buy clubs. I do think that is another way to really affect change. Instead of wanting change, we can be the change ourselves.”

https://www.completesports.com/anichebe-declares-plans-to-buy-a-football-club/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2020
Igbo dy always get plenty biz plans
We pray 4 ur success in ur plans

Meanwhile, IGBO AMAKA

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Nbotee(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2020
Mayb he wants to buy a Nite Club

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by robosky02(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nbotee:

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by athaboi(f): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Abeg go and buy Barcelona

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by SILVERLINES: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
cheesy

I very proud of you son

You are a true son of ur fada

You mean you don't just planning to become a coach like others do, but to own an entire club to urself?

the gods are proud of you as well

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Slawormir: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Buying is different from managing

After buying now....na so we go hear another story....or headline
"Anichebe planning to sell the club he bought for five hundred million pounds for fifty thousand pounds because he is unable to manage it"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by inoki247: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Maybe na Rumors Club e wan buy

5 Likes

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by JesusJesus: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Waw. Make us proud bro
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Really?

Nbotee:

Club na club

NiteFootball Club (NFC)
Nite Football club (NFC)

1 Like

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
No be this guy wey slack cuppy toto

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Wuuworld(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Anichebe gi Nwannem.

7 Likes

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by McGg: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Anichebe gi
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Javierleon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
ok

Next()
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by GboyegaD(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good business. It's an investment with a relative good returns if the club is doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Ltrust(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nice idea

Production Manual for Chemical based Products like never before covering Cosmetics, Adhesives, Beverages and Food, Disinfectant, Industrial chemicals, Lubricants, Paints,Printing Inks, Stain Removers, Soaps and detergents, wood finishes etc and over 100 product formulations, processing method & Usage, Equipment & tools, quality parameter, sources of raw material, useful tips and all relevant Information.
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Kingpele(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hahaha should I tell him? He is an igbo brother, I will tell him.... Anichebe Anichebe Anichebe, how many times did I call you, stop listening to songs especially that one that sang the money wey we getooo e no go finish Amen because this venture will finish it haha haha.. Football club gave u money u want use your own hand give
It to another club, please if u must buy a club please come and buy Enugu rangers, I don't know what this boys are playing recently.... Please

3 Likes

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by helinues: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Not a bad idea

1 Like

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by nurez305(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Maybe one secondary school team... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by airminem(f): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Can this man please BUY NAIJA. Polithiefians want to sell tongue Naija.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
The taught of a biz man
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by Bewiseedet(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
Please come and invest in a Nigerian Club.

3 Likes

Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by ForeThinker: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
undecided
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by DexterousOne(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
This is not a bad idea though
Re: Anichebe Plans To Buy A Football Club by IduNaOba: 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
Wuuworld:
Anichebe gi Nwannem.
Nwanne ịdị too much.
See better flows

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Undergoes Successful Surgery, Rehab Next (Photo) / ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ / Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.