Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? (11326 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / How To Legalize Nigerian Marriage Certificate / My Nigerian Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2011
lol marriage cert is in itself what it says, guys you tell me what marriage nowadays that dont have a cert?if you know you wanna cheat dont get married cos remember you said it was for better and worse till death lol
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by cvibe: 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2011
Official share certificate
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by efisher(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2011
The key use is to show that a marriage is valid by law. Apart from all the issues directly relating to the marriage e.g. divorce, etc it could also be useful for the following:

Opening a joint account
Visa application
Job benefits for the spouse
NYSC
etc

In fact anything that will require you to proove your marital status
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2011
some people wont see the use of a marriage certificate until they're sprouting a head full of grey hair and using a walking stick.

it's even no problem for a man- quite risky for a woman, because you can be sure your replacement will wave that marriage certificate around like it's gold paper.

the one she got immediately after obtaining the guy, of course.

the same guy who convinced you love lasts forever and you dont need no piece of paper to prove your love.
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by Bukittes(f): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
Its the only certificate u collect before writing the exam and then u use all ur life to defend that certificate.
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by Mcfemad(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
Marriage certificate is useful as long as it has a NAFDAC number and the Best Before (BB) date
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by jemkob: 1:14am On Feb 22, 2011
To tie his ass down wen he's messd up.
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by jamesugo: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2011
Acapunture:

marriage certificate is all married woman"s pride

That is just it.
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by segunhot: 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2011
so that when another person wants to steal ur wife, he or she will back off because u have showed him/her the marriage certificate grin
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2011
Use it to get a job and replace your degree with it
Re: What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? by Omonaijada(m): 12:33am On Nov 12, 2012
Hello nairalanders,

I have something to ask. My story goes like this. I am a student in the netherlands. I have a dutch girlfriend that i would love to marry. Men no time oo!! I just want to know what i need if i am to get married to her. I have heard people talking about marriage certificate. I have never been married before and i dont know where to get this thing. could anyone with ideas tell me how i can get this certificate? Is it possible to get it from the Nigerian embassy here in the netherlands? Plz bro and sis make una throw me light!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mouka Foam Issues / How Do You Deal With Toxic Parents / The Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.