Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Understanding Matthew 15:24 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Matthew 15:24 (286 Views)

Matthew 15 / Until You Attack The Root. The Fruits Will Keep Showing. Matthew 15:13. / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Matthew 15:24 by MistadeRegal(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
There are some people who lack understanding about the mission of our LORD JESUS CHRIST on earth, and due to their inability to understand, they misquote and misinterpret the Biblical record of Matthew 15:24, making their claims JESUS CHRIST never came for the world.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Look up all the following Bible portions and read, for you might also come across same misconception of doctrines of theirs. They must not mislead you.
They are quick to conclude their belief on the above verse but never have the knowledge to understand the following verses:

Matthew 10:40
He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Luke 9:48
And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Luke 10:16
He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Luke 22:35
And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 1:11-13 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 17:18-20, 24-26, Matthew 12:18-21, Luke 2:26-32, Acts 9:15, Acts 10:45, Acts 11:18, Acts 13:47-48, Romans 3:29, I Corinthians 12:13,

I hope these answers them and clear their misquotations and misconceptions.
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
MistadeRegal:
There are some people who lack understanding about the mission of our LORD JESUS CHRIST on earth, and due to their inability to understand, they misquote and misinterpret the Biblical record of Matthew 15:24, making their claims JESUS CHRIST never came for the world.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Look up all the following Bible portions and read, for you might also come across same misconception of doctrines of theirs. They must not mislead you.
They are quick to conclude their belief on the above verse but never have the knowledge to understand the following verses:

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 17:18-20, 24-26, Matthew 12:18-21, Luke 2:26-32, Acts 9:15, Acts 10:45, Acts 11:18, Acts 13:47-48, Romans 3:29, I Corinthians 12:13,

So what exactly does he (Jesus) meant by "the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

1 Like

Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by Emusan(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
MistadeRegal:

It's probably those confused Muslims who usually make such statement.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by MistadeRegal(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Maximus69:

So what exactly does he (Jesus) meant by "the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

Check the quoted but not posted verses. Your answers are in there.
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
MistadeRegal:

OK OOOOOO! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by MuttleyLaff: 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
Maximus69:

MistadeRegal:

You can say and/or repeat "Check the quoted but not posted verses. Your answers are in there" again because, in reality, the posted verses actually, are just a poor attempt of prooftexting displays, noises and caused distractions.

The "And answering, He said, Not I was sent, if not to the sheep, being lost, of [the] house of Israel" Matthew 15:24 quote is easily understood to mean that the gospel was to the Jews first in queue, as in meaning, giving them priority to hear and receive the gospel first before the Gentile, get their turn.

Now if any of the readership, are astute 2 Timothy 2:15 sticklers for biblical accuracy, biblical truth and biblical fact, then such individuals will:
1/ Already know the chequered "exiled" and "returning back" history of the lost sheep of Israel
2/ Already know the distinction between the House of Israel (i.e. the Northern Kingdom, with Samaria, as its capital) and House of Judah (i.e. the Southern Kingdom, with Jerusalem, as it capital)
3/ Already know why Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, is primarily concerned of, primarily looking after or first at, the lost sheep of the house of Israel before any others.
4/ Would know that the pleading woman, trying to, circa Matthew 15:24, jump the queue, was not from the House of Israel (i.e. the Northern Kingdom, with Samaria, as its capital) nor from the House of Judah (i.e. the Southern Kingdom, with Jerusalem, as it capital)
5/ Would know from the strength of Genesis 22:18 and Genesis 28:14b, that, Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide worldhood came for the world.

The Seed mentioned in Genesis 22:18 and Genesis 28:14b, is, Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide worldhood

"Govyei" in that Genesis 22:18, means, "nation(s) or all nations," "Gentiles," "all people," and/or "the world" albeit the Jews, as is reasonable and expected, go, first to.

Genesis 28:14b is self-explanatory enough
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 22, 2020
Well if anyone is willing to learn we'll teach him or her, but when they think they knew already we'll take our leave!

MuttleyLaff got the understanding but there is a secret behind it, for God so love the WORLD that he sent his only begotten Son {John 3:16} of course Jesus was sent to the entire inhabited earth, but he was to gather those who will rule with him in his kingdom, this is his primary assignment when talking about whom he came to call, that's why most of his speeches is addressed to them.
So when he said
"you must be born again" John 3:3-5
"and another comforter who will come to remind you and teach you" John 14:26
"in my father's house there are many mansions, i'm going to prepare a place for you" John 14:1-4
have no fear little flock, your father has approved of giving you the kingdom Luke 11:32
Jesus was addressing his future corulers not all Christians!

This privilege was given first to the Jews before any other race {Act 20:21} next to the Samaritans {John 4:4} then it's the turn of the rest of the world! Act 1:8

So Jesus wasn't primarily sent to the Gentiles, nevertheless it's not all Israelites that he was sent to gather to come and rule with him, it was the faithful ones amongst them that's why John quickly discarded the Pharisees and Saddusees {Matthew 3:7-12} of course this religious leaders were bonafide members of the Jewish community but they're not faithful! John 11:57
Therefore since the Jewish community as a whole rejected Jesus' call the slot of seats remaining for those who will rule with him was given out to other races {Matthew 22:1-10} who could produce the fruit which taste is also FAITH {Galatians 5:22} so the first set of people that embraced him will get the slot! John 1:11-12

That was what Jesus meant at Matthew 15:24 back then, but today the term "lost sheep of the house of Israel" now applies to "individuals who belongs to the house of FAITH, but they've been misguided, misdirected and are exerting themselves in false religions"

So according to Jesus it's not all faithful servants of God that are going to rule with him in heaven {Matthew 11:11} the rest of faithful mankind will be given the opportunity to live forever under the kingdom of that heavenly government here on earth! Matthew 5:5 compare to Psalms 37:9-11, 29, 67:6-7 ; Proverbs 2:20-22; Isaiah 65:21-25
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by MistadeRegal(m): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2020
Maximus69:

The lost sheep there are those who have strayed away from GOD.
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2020
MistadeRegal:

The lost sheep there are those who have strayed away from GOD.
So are you saying all the religionsists claiming worshipers of God are truly worshiping God? smiley
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by MistadeRegal(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2020
Maximus69:

So are you saying all the religionsists claiming worshipers of God are truly worshiping God? smiley

No.
You should understand that short reply.
Re: Understanding Matthew 15:24 by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2020
MistadeRegal:

No.
You should understand that short reply.

You said "those who have strayed away from God" whereas 99% of earth's inhabitants are claiming worshipers of God yet their is trouble everywhere.
That's why we need to ask who are those that have strayed away from God?
And who are the ones to bring them back to God? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Dreams Of Seeing Yourself In Lower Class, Back In Your Village, Being Sent On An / 2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye / " Go Vegeterian". What You Are To Eat As Instructed By God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.