Stats: 3,156,603 members, 7,830,834 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) (80511 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Pictured At Event With Namibia’s Late President And New President / Ogun Distributes Monitoring Vehicles To Improve Town Planning Activities / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by KINGKONG(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
For here vulkanizer go carry their equipment block sidewalk

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nadio2019: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
It is a shame no single central business district of the major cities in the Niger Delta, which states receive the highest allocation in the country have the same level of development of major cities in Namibia and Botswana.

B3ACHSIDE

Nigerdelta needs more than given because of the swampy nature of the place.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by AMvanquish: 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
Abouwaza:
Wow beautiful I must say
Here in naija nah only rich people community dey fine
Our town planning is so bad

Thanks to everyone trying to cut corners and short change the system. Even Abuja was well laid out but corruption and politicians messed it up.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by humilitypays(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
banmee:

That's easy. Decades of psychological rape caused the mentality of the average Nigerian to go left instead of taking a right. Now it is too late. Nothing and no one can repair it. Doubt me? Look no further at the comments of Nairalanders on various topics. No sane person should utter the things most of them say.
you are right, I see no hope for a better Nigeria as a nation to be like the nations of our dream, sadly cry cry

The leaders destroyed Nigerians and impacted very animalistic and barbaric mentalities and behaviour on us, and it has become a Nigerian norm to be materialistic, greedy, selfish, corrupt, wicked, inhumane and none empathic to the plight of fellow countrymen.

So long as a Nigerian man or woman is making money and living luxury life, to hell with the rest of Nigerians and their families. No sense of communal progress. Everybody is chasing personal success and wealth to the detriment of other country people and the society.

Honestly there is no hope like you said, Nigeria is finished, it can only get worst daily.

The only way Nigeria can be savaged is for White people to come back and take over everything leadership and government for the next 200 years.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by skinny419(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
tungamaje:
Are we sure Abuja streets are even as beautiful as what I am seeing here? May be those streets were developed by white men
So why the white men no develop our own streets before left or u want 2 tell me nigeria is curse
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by IMAliyu(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
banmee:

Wrong. The problem with Nigeria is it's citizens and their warped mentality. Without the right mentality no nation can survive.
I have had multiple conversations with my peers and my mates in uni.

Every time the subject of being in a government position comes up, I'm always disappointed.
Because everyone now has the mentality that you are a fool if you say you have no interest in looting.
The corruption has eaten deep into our core and we now think it's the norm.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nadio2019: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
kikake:

Ha ha ha. In Nigeria where many state governors plan only state capital, develop only state capital.

The other parts of the state retreat to the 20th Century.

Visit Imo state, you will cry.

Cede Imo to Anambra or to Enugu state next political restructuring, for quality leaders to come up to take care of present Imo state.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by okoIYAyin(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2020
Our street will be much more beautiful than this and the country will be great again soon as i become the president. I still have my unshakable faith in a better Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by UKBobo(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
These places were developed by the colonials...SA only left Namibia recently and in reality. they still own it.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Princedapace(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
Litmus:
We Nigerians are a very ambitious people, let’s not spoil this mindset by setting lower standard for ourselves by copying average just because our leaders have been neglectful by setting their eyes on other goals. Settling for average sometimes because we want to tell ourselves, we do not want to be arrogant, will not lead to the type of Nigeria we want.

Hahahaahahaahahahah! Bro, before u can be like any European country, u must first achieve the level Bowstwana is currently now. U know, some of u think all African countries are like ur Nigeria. hahahaahahaha

Some of these countries have portable water supplied to their houses, proper house planning, organized, calm, cities, stable electricity, clean waste management, humans who are sane, orderly, polite, calm, and honest.

Some of these countries have proper warfare for her citizens in health sector, some of them have amazing passports that take them to really good countries without stress. And guess what? They arent as rich as Nigeria. They arent o! If they had our type of money and wealth, they would have done so much more.

With all the big money in Nigeria, u are still thinking of becoming like USA over night when u cant even compete with Bowtwana. Bostwana is an upper middle class country. Hope u know what that means.

They have a very stable political system with organized elections that doesnt need humans killed and thugs destroying properties. Get to that level first before u can think of becoming developed. It takes a lot of years to attain advanced level. U must first pass upper middle class stage before even working for decades and decades before attaining advanced level.

Naija never even reach upper middle class level. hahaahahahaahahahaahahaha.. In 50 years, Nigeria will still be battling ethnicity problems... hahahaahahaahahahahaha

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nadio2019: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
skinny419:
So why the white men no develop our own streets before left or u want 2 tell me nigeria is curse

Cities like Ikoyi, Aba etc laid out by White men were great until we started to have our independence when our own leaders abandoned the city layout of the white man.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by afube: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kulimi:
Nigeria must wake up from sleep and deal with the setuation before countries like niger republic, chad others overtake us

they have already overtaken us............this is what unbridled rivalry does.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by ecolime(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
IMAliyu:

Are you willing to go into Nigerian politics and be the change you want?

Because this is where the problem is coming from.

Most good and innovative Nigerians actively avoid politics. Thereby leaving only the people with ulterior motives running for political offices.
Yes, I am. It's only a matter of time.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Princedapace(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
Litmus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XDxCb92X4

Roads in China. I am looking beyond this for Nigeria, someone is mentioning primitive Botswana .

Please, Nigerians stop filling the heads of your leaders with longing to be like Kenya because they will be happy, since Nigeria is already better than Kenya. Your longings will only make them see that you are blind. So instead of raking their brains, trying to figure how to give you better than China while still embezzling money, they will no longer try hard, instead they will do nothing, since a deteriorated Nigeria will be same as Kenya. Perhaps this is why Abuja is being left to deteriorate.

U cant be like China without achieving upper middle class status bro. It is a phase. For now, Bowstwana, SA, Namiba, are ahead of Nigeria are in better position to aspire to be developed. To become a developed nation, u must first pass and enter upper middle class country first. U think sey u can just wake up and become developed? hahahahaahahaahahahahaah. Get to the level of these countries first: provide good and organized cities, run peaceful elections, build ur educational systems, provide portable water, cover ur sewage system, improve ur manufacturing system, consume more of what u produce, provide stable electricity, etc. The journey long bro. U must reach upper middle class level before working for decades to reach advancement level..

As it stand now, ur country, Nigeria is not even an upper middle class country. It is an extremely poor and terrorist country. So, u cant even aspire to be like China now, lie lie!

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by shoboy9: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
@OP, this isn't too useful. Build a wide, beautiful sidewalk and see them turn it into market for spare parts, fish, and hang out for agbero. Wide roads become garages to repair cars with double street parking. Look at your pictures again and imagine the queue of okada and tricycle on the roads and tell me how you feel. Its not the structures. Its people and their (lack) leadership
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Princedapace(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
Rosskii:

Baba, na estates be most of these things.. Baba, we are talking about open cities that all citizens use not estates built with stolen wealth and used by only the super rich.

In a country that has the highest poverty rate in the world, how many people can afford these estates? Hahahahaahahahaha... Nigerians know how to settle for less..

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by frank417: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
Personally i prefer ours. The wahala is just that most of our plans haven't been fully executed in many areas and planning/environmental laws are not strictly adhered to. If you go to areas where 9ja town planning has been fully executed and planning laws fully adhered to, you will appreciate it and see the beauty.

From the look of the structures in the photos u posted, I believe those areas are commercial areas. And honestly, they look pretty basic
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by IMAliyu(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
humilitypays:
you are right, I see no hope for a better Nigeria as a nation to be like the nations of our dream, sadly cry cry

The leaders destroyed Nigerians and impacted very animalistic and barbaric mentalities and behaviour on us, and it has become a Nigerian norm to be materialistic, greedy, selfish, corrupt, wicked, inhumane and none empathic to the plight of fellow countrymen.

So long as a Nigerian man or woman is making money and living luxury life, to hell with the rest of Nigerians and their families. No sense of communal progress. Everybody is chasing personal success and wealth to the detriment of other country people and the society.

Honestly there is no hope like you said, Nigeria is finished, it can only get worst daily.

The only way Nigeria can be savaged is for White people to come back and take over everything leadership and government for the next 200 years.
I actually think that restructuring the country can actually help with this.

It can help to spark up loyalty and competition in our respective regions.

It may be impactful enough to reset our mindset towards developing ourselves.

Or maybe I'm just optimistic for no reason.
And Nigeria needs a death by fire and for whatever is left to be able start afresh.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by providencia(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
KINGKONG:
For here vulkanizer go carry their equipment block sidewalk
What a nationwide bad behavior grin
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by banmee(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
humilitypays:

That is only part of the solution. We need an army of white people for it to be effective. The voice of reason must drown out the voice of the insane ones. What is happening right now is the voices of abnormal Nigerians are far louder than those with reason. So no one hears them when they complain or try to change things. Ever wondered why the average deplorable Nigerian is compliant whenever he/she moves to a civilized country and goes back to their normal when ways when they come back to Nigeria? This is why with all his millions Davido acts like a typical Nigerian spraying money everywhere but you will never see him do that in the U.S.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by karika2018: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You just posted roads in Abuja.

You can see the difference in planning between the cities in Namibia and Botswana
. First, they don't have traffic wardens because the traffic light are functional because they have 24 hour electricity. Second, you can see the way the way their Central Business district is designed with the interconnection of road network,sidewalks,parking spaces and parking meters and the shops and office spaces. Also, you can see there are hardly any security fences that makes a city look less appealing.

Windhoek, Nambia

You nailed it bro....those guys showing abuja roads know nothing and have not travelled outside nigeria before.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by obotematics: 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
Lets ask our town planners,what the vision in conjuction with the town planners are
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Tareq1105: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
tungamaje:
Are we sure Abuja streets are even as beautiful as what I am seeing here? May be those streets were developed by white men

Very unfortunate. Imagine Namibia, a country of less than 3m people but everything about them is unique.

I hope those Igbos are not on the platform before they will start going there to sell spare parts and open chemist.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by kikake: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
Planning a city is not magic.

But we often have grudge ravaged political leaders who even crumble once planned city because the city is not the hometown of the state leaders.
Aba in Abia state is victim of this.

In Imo state, the once elaborate streets well laid out during the 1970s in Orlu have become craters. No governor has come from the area since 2007.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by ashantitope: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
I don't understand you what did you want Nigeria to emulate here? Is it the walk way or the road,
Because if you have travel to many states in Nigeria here you will understand that Nigeria is not that bad is just that we don't have good leaders but we still have some good place to look nice that this ur pictures
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by JaceBlaze: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
Southern Africa is the most developed and the most peaceful region in Africa.Like the kids these days say...,"NO CAP" grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by karika2018: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2020
proeast:

Look at the so called poor African countries looking like Europe but the so-called giant of Africa is still a shithole.

In Nigeria, virtually all the cities have unsightly open gutters that are often filled with rubbish, and oozing of human excreta and stagnant water!

Just look at how organized and serene the environment is looking. Clean streets, colorful road signs, covered drains, and sidewalks... Just name it! Contrast that with Nigeria, be it Lagos or Abuja, even the oil rich states are all messed up, with people living like savages.

We really have a very long way to go in this country.

You are so right .....look at this countries as poor as they are looking like europe and look at nigeria.......looking so dirty .....nothing is organized in nigeria.......even abuja is nonsense.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by SmartPolician: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I travelled through Benin and it is a shithole,except GRA where all the politicians that looted the state dry live.

4ckyou, someone is talking about decent cities and you are mentioning Benin.

It's an insult to the word "city" to share the same sentence with Benin.

Thank God most of you have stopped calling it Benin City

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by crackhaus: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
Litmus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XDxCb92X4

Roads in China. I am looking beyond this for Nigeria, someone is mentioning primitive Botswana .

Please, Nigerians stop filling the heads of your leaders with longing to be like Kenya because they will be happy, since Nigeria is already better than Kenya. Your longings will only make them see that you are blind. So instead of raking their brains, trying to figure how to give you better than China while still embezzling money, they will no longer try hard, instead they will do nothing, since a deteriorated Nigeria will be same as Kenya. Perhaps this is why Abuja is being left to deteriorate.
Nigeria will have to crawl first before walking.

At the stage we are now, China is miles ahead when it comes to infrastructure.
The Nigerian government will need to achieve the SA or Namibia level before thinking of becoming like China.

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Tonitoniton(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Nigerians cities should emulate the development of Gaborone and Francistown ,Botswana and Windhoek and Swakapmond in Namibia.

Botswana: Gaborone and Francistown

It never ceases to amaze me when no city in Nigeria can come up with such nice planning except one or two streets in maitama.

And I was discussing this with a friend only two days ago and he was arguing blindly.

All this kparakpor town planners with no experience and visions in key positions in the relevant ministry are the cause.

U can imagine making a herdsman who only know Bush business town a planner, u will manage what u see

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by humilitypays(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
IMAliyu:

I actually think that restructuring the country can actually help with this.

It can help to spark up loyalty and competition in our respective regions.

It may be impactful enough to reset our mindset towards developing ourselves.

Or maybe I'm just optimistic for no reason.
And Nigeria needs a death by fire and for whatever is left to be able start afresh.
Restructuring may work, it may not work. But it has better chances of repositioning Nigeria for another chance to catch up than the current government method in place.

But the surest way to restore sanity and put Nigeria on the right track is for white people, especially Europeans to come and take over again for like 290 years to rebuild the system and institutions and to restore our lost humanity and conscience.

Majority of Nigerians starting from President Buhari to the least Nigerian are wicked, selfish, and animalistic. They are selfish and inhumane.

Wickedness, greed, selfishness and love for self enrichment have taken over the mindset of all Nigerians of today.

Only a white led government from federal to LGA can initiate a visibly positive change.

And if Nigeria continues on this destructive path it is right now, Nigeria will turn to a wild animal Kingdom where evil of all sorts will be manufactured and transported to the rest of the world. It may end up becoming the birthplace of hell on earth. The evil that will rise up from Nigeria will consume the world which is why white people must do something soonest to curb the decay if not, they are not safe.

I only pray to God to help my generation to escape and flee the impending doom that will befall Nigeria if something is not done urgently to twart the danger ahead.

imagine a country that it's military intentionally kill their citizens for no reason and the President is quiet and the rest of the citizens cheer them on and even defend them just because of crumbs and political games.

A country where Police kill civilian citizens everyday and publicly brag that nothing will happen.

A country that the President supports and back foreign militants to be going about killing the poorest people in the most remotest places in the country, and citizens don't revolt, they watch and laugh at it because it does not affect their tribe or community, are we humans like this Humans have empathy and conscience, but Nigerians don't that's why Nigerians don't revolt when government agents and leaders support evil against some citizens.

A country where others rejoice when military kill their countrymen just because those killed are not from their tribe or religion.

Nigeria is evil mhen!

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by jaxxy(m): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Nigerians cities should emulate the development of Gaborone and Francistown ,Botswana and Windhoek and Swakapmond in Namibia.

Botswana: Gaborone and Francistown

Ahhhh are u sure Nigeria is the giant of Africa?? Our politicians are bastardds As many of them so have held this country backwards.

Look at ordinary Namibia, Botswana shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Oshiomhole's Face When Iara Greets VP Osinbajo (Caption The Pic) / Diekolola Olatanwa Osa-Avielele Dies After Birth Of Son In US / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70