Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Musa, No Puppet After All! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musa, No Puppet After All! (870 Views)

The Rothschild Family - Puppet Masters - World's Only Trillionaires / Funny Jimi Agbaje's Advert -"Lagos Cannot Afford A Puppet Governor" (Pics&Video) / Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musa, No Puppet After All! by kokoA(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2007
From the recent developments in the country, I have come to agree that musa is not Baba's after all. What do you think?
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by angel101(f): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2007
Still too early to say my friend
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by kokoA(m): 9:00am On Jun 19, 2007
@ angel

But he reverted the VAT, reduced fuel price and implemented 15% inrement for workers saying "it is the rigth thing to do"

He also upheld the rule of law by directing the IGP to restore the former governor of Anambra, something Baba will never do.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by angel101(f): 9:48am On Jun 19, 2007
what i mean is that its just 2 weeks into a 4 year tenure. I do agree it is looking good. far better than i envisaged i am acyually quite excited but lets not jump the gun.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by wiseguy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2007
I quite agree with you angel101. Its looking good but too early to conclude.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2007
i also second that, after all that was the same thing baba shege did, he made it look rosy at the start and turned into something else, at the end.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by initiator(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2007
He said he was going to declare an energy emergency, still waiting
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by initiator(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2007
He said he was going to declare an energy emergency, still waiting
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by Aneef(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2007
Though,it is still very early to determine but i know one thing for sure that he can never be one.It is not easy for one to be GCFR
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by NaijaFuss(m): 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2007
Has he even announced his agendaz yet?
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by NaijaFuss(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2007
thats if he has atall,
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by panalyst(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2007
@thonia,

Baba never made it good except on his may 29th speech. From the shady manner in which the Senate President was chosen in 1999 dignalled the direction of Baba;s cabinet. It was only in 2003 that Baba actually statrted showing signs through EFCC, Okonjo Iweala and all

Dont u remember his first week, he was already travellin?
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by McKren(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2007
I hope Yaradua does not learn the hard way that leadership is not a popularity contest.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by kokoA(m): 1:04am On Jun 21, 2007
Musa said that his government would uphold the rule of law, but it still beats my imagination why he has refused to revert the pump price of fuel to 65 naira, nowing fully well that it was illegaly done by baba's government.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by McKren(m): 1:16am On Jun 21, 2007
kokoA:

Musa said that his government would uphold the rule of law, but it still beats my imagination why he has refused to revert the pump price of fuel to 65 naira, nowing fully well that it was illegaly done by baba's government.

Can you shed more light on what you mean by illegally done.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by kokoA(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2007
@ mc krean

What i mean is this: There is a petroleum pricing agency in this country, is'nt it? For any change to be effected on fuel, it has to go through this agency. If the president can increase the price of fuel on his own, then what is the job of that agency? Besides, the national assembly was not consulted before this malicious and devlish increment. Solidarity 4eva!!! Aluta continua, Victoria acceta! Fire on labour!
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by McKren(m): 2:31am On Jun 22, 2007
The last time I checked NNPC and DPR were still govt agencies and not yet independent or autonomous, besides that I do not remember the National assembly having to approve previous fuel increases. So it will do my heart a great pleasure if you could site what section of the constitution that supports your argument.

While I do understand your reservations, calling it illegal is a different thing.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by kokoA(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2007
@ mc krean

I am not interested in any constitutional stuff. The former president broke the law as you have rigthly agreed. Trying to side him now will do you no good because nigerians know illegality when they see one.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by McKren(m): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2007
I don't agree he broke the law, that is my point. I need you to prove he broke the law.

You just dont wake up from the sleep and call anything you like illegality. Prove it or change your choice of language.
Re: Musa, No Puppet After All! by kokoA(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2007
I understand where you are coming from but I refuse to change my language bro, I still insist it was illegal. You are a lawyer I guess. Tell me which part of the constitution gives rigth to the president to increase the pump price of fuel without following due process. So, do you support the strike at all?

(1) (Reply)

Crowd Kills Man After Car Hits Child / The Wall Street Journal: Nigeria On Strike / You're On Your Own, Ex-ig Tells Ehindero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.