Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience (37696 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. / Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Kalatium(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2020
When i was in jss 3 class we went for excursion to Northern Noodles. The experience was exhilirating and memorable I got to see how indomie was manufactured.

However something unfortunate happened. When we were on our way back, we stopped at a mini market and we were allowed to buy anything(the school said we will take care of our feeding) and come back within 20minutes. People were buying fruits and snacks but that was not what i wanted.

Immediately i spotted a restaurant, i told one of my classmate that i will be eating at a restaurant closeby and he should alert me when the bus will take off. Although there were a lot of people in front of me in the restaurant but i boycotted. When i was served i was even eating majestically like king kong not knowing what is about to befall. When i was through i went to where the bus was parked but to my utmost shock the school bus was gone.

My heart started beating faster, i was having 1000 thoughts per minute. I had no phone, i had just exhausted the money and to make matters worst, i don't even know my way back . I was both perplexed and flabbergasted, i felt betrayed and a slash to my self esteem .

Fortunately the unserious guy noticed my absence and notify them. I was lucky they came back. On reaching there they saw me shedding tears.

Whats your funny or worst Travel Experience?

279 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by chukwuibuipob: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2020
undecided sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Kalatium(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Turningmoon(f): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2020
undecided
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Dpsychologist: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2020
While i was travelling from jos to niger state last year,we nearly heard an accident. At first the front tire bursted, my Heart started beating 500 times per minute.T hank God no one was hurt.

Thank God i am alive till date.

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Millimann: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2020
We were travelling and our bus broke down in a small town along the highway. Before the breakdown each passenger was minding his own business and no one was talking to another.
As we were waiting while the mechanic was fixing the car, I brought out a bottle of groundnut that I bought before boarding the bus and offered to everyone around. The next guy bought banana immediately, another bought drinks. Another started playing music on his phone, and that was how a small party started.
By the time the mechanic was through with fixing the vehicle it was as if we had known one another for many years. That was my best travel experience.

690 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by ceereelee: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2020
Hmn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Dpsychologist: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Millimann:
We were travelling and our bus broke down in a small town along the highway. Before the breakdown each passenger was minding his own business and no one was talking to another.
As we were waiting while the mechanic was fixing the car, I brought out a bottle of groundnut that I bought before boarding the bus and offered to everyone around. The next guy bought banana immediately, another bought drinks. Another started playing music on his phone, and that was how a small party started.
By the time the mechanic was through with fixing the vehicle it was as if we had known one another for many years. That was my best travel experience.
Wow

Thats good to know

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by iCauseTrouble: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
sad
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by MADRINAkay(f): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Samsimple(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
I was toasting a girl inside the bus on my way to Lagos from Ekpoma. Na there shit catch me ohhh. The funny and always smiling nigga was sweating seriously grin .. that day I saw hell...

194 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Nelly4you: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
I remembered the Day our motor broke down behind one native doctor's house... I was surprised the oldman told us the passenger and the driver to stay the Night in his home.. it was a funny experience cus non of us slept that night the house really stink of sacrifice remnants and other foul smell, we left there before the old man woke up sef
check my signature

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by classicfrank4u(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
T
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Graziannizz(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Not much it was when we traveled to abuja and I was uncomfy in the car
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by telim: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
hh
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by titiakins: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by UnknownJr: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mine was last year December. I was travelling from ibadan to akungba with one of my stubborn friend. This my friend ehn, av never in my life seen him praying b4, even when his parents are praying, he will be sleeping. So while we were on motion that day, naso Tyre commot for rim o. Oboy come see as everybody turn prayer warriors even one man wey I see for park wey dey smoke ciger start 2 dey fire prayer but na this my friend own come shock me pass. We just look ourselves dey laff.
That day no funny o. We just thank God 4 journey mercies Sha.

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by justiniyke29: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mine Happened like 4 years ago, i took a night bus going to the east, when we got to ijebu ode we saw vehicles parked nd were informed that robbery was going on ahead. That was how our useless driver put head and enter road o, we had not even driven up to 15mins from the place of robbery when the vehicle broke down. That was how everyone came down and started trekking that lonely highway by midnight

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Nackzy: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
First to comment can suffer some people sha

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Toyade888(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
My year one in school, I ventured into the logistics business and I wasn't doing well at all. Out of frustration, I and my partner decided to go to Abeokuta to look for trucks to hire ( the most foolish decision I have ever made in my life), we kept going from garage to garage getting contacts of different drivers and we were so happy.
Yawa gas when we decided to withdraw the last 1k in my account to board a taxi to mushin, first bank had removed 895.54 as bank charges.

We were Just crying inside and decided to trek back las las 3 days we would get home, at a point my friend couldn't hold it in and started crying profusely and that brought us a good Samaritan that paid for our transport and snacks.

Chai I can never forget Aug 17 2016.

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
G
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by classicfrank4u(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Millimann:

He said worst undecided

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by tardell007(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lol
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by ForeThinker: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
It's well
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by BENARI: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
R
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
If ATM terminal has never "seized" your card while in an unknown place far from home and you don't have any cash on you, you don't know how lucky you are.

It is that day you will know that there is no place in your body that cannot secrete sweat cheesy

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by GOFRONT(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
I am still on the Highway as I type this.....I pray our driver never think of using Okene Route. Gosh thats Kidnappers den.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by talktofemi: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mine was during service year in Edo State.

It was a rainy day. Got stuck in Benin and was traveling to Afuze. After the rain stopped, the road was flooded and had to wade in through the water to one popular park (Ramat park or something) to take a bus to Auchi onward Afuze. The bus got filled around 9pm.

Reached Auchi around 12am midnight and I didn't know a single soul. Where will I sleep? One co-traveler, a student, notice my dilemma and offered me his place around an area called Water Board. We trekked for about 30 mins to reach his hostel. On entering his room we met many people there smoking confirmed weed and drinking hard drinks. Cultists probably.

They left for God know where around 1am.

Was offered a bed to sleep but who wan sleep inside a smoke-filled room? Was just praying the police wouldnt choose that night to raid that hostel.

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience by titiakins: 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
Very funny but not enough details to help with the imagination

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Airport: November & December Flights Sold Out Within 5hrs: Pictures / Different Types Of Okada Men In Nigeria. - (meme Collection) / Abakaliki In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.