Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,308 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP (15242 Views)

House Of Reps Member In Ekiti Defects To Apc,sends Letter To Gbajabiamila(photo) / Adams Jagaba Defects To PDP, Dumps APC / Dino Melaye Defects To PDP (2) (3) (4)

Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Islie: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
Mr Godday Idahosa, the Governorship Candidate of the Accord Party in the upcoming election in Edo, has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Idahosa announced his defection on Friday at the Ogbona Ward 8 and 9 campaign ground in Uhiele, Esan West Local Government Area of the state.

He described Gov. Godwin Obaseki as a great man, saying that his developmental stride prompted his defection to PDP.

“I said by God’s grace that I can’t fight my people. When you are being fought outside, you run back home for refuge.

“Our governor is doing well. He is a great man and he deserves to be re-elected. Even the sun and moon will cooperate to work for his success.
“In this election, my supporters and I are going to work for Obaseki. I am leading hundreds of my supporters to PDP today,” he said.

The Chairman, PDP Campaign Council, Mr Dan Orbir, who received Idahosa to the party, lauded his bold step, describing Obaseki and his Deputy, Philip Shaibu, as a perfect match.

In a remark, the governor said that he had directed the Commissioner for Infrastructure, Mr John Inegbedion, to commence the process of building the road to Uhiele community.

“I want us to use this election to end godfatherism in Edo. Four years ago when I came to campaign here, this road was not built but I gave it a face lift.

“This means that l can construct more roads.
“By the grace of God, when you come out en mass to vote PDP, you have contributed to the release of Edo from godfatherism.

“If we end godfatherism, I will be able to repair schools, build hospitals and provide youth and women empowerment.

(NAN)

INDEPENDENT

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Akhigbeblog(m): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
Nawa grin
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Deciceco01: 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
We are behind you Obasaki come September,ba gudu ba ja da baya.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Mcreloaded(m): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
Everyone is eager to recognise with success.
Welcome sir to the winning party.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Eboski(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
This Edo No be Lagos has given many zombies high blood pressure,
Obaseki na man you be, power shall return to Edo central 2024.
Edolites will use their voters card to kill godfatherism out of Edo state,
how i wish the south west states can follow suit, when only one man determining the future of a whole zone.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 22, 2020
Good move
Forward ever
PDP ....power

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Bodexman(m): 12:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Deciceco01:
We are behind you Obasaki come September,ba gudu ba ja da baya.

Obaseki

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Bodexman(m): 12:26am On Aug 22, 2020
Islie:

INDEPENDENT

Lalasticlala

Why calling her/him, s/he's not interested.
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by SoftP(m): 12:27am On Aug 22, 2020
Nice move and strategy.

Not so bad idea to reckon with success come sept 2020

22 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:44am On Aug 22, 2020
T

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:46am On Aug 22, 2020
What is happening in Edo state is a serious matter, I foresee bloodbath if care isn’t taken.
The lives of Nigerians shouldn’t be played with,”.......Pastor Ayodele.

Edo youths,
Use your head wisely.
Keep your lives and the lives of your friends and families safe.
You only live once.

Do not let any politicians use your head as before.

Edolites, vote wisely.
Nuff said.

God bless Edo State.

God bless Nigeria.

Edolites, Be Wise.

Again,

Edolites, vote wisely for the man or woman that will better your lives.

Forget party politics for now.

Our own @ [color=#006600][/color] is that : A better Nigeria all around
is all we want.

Again,
God bless Nigeria

We Rise!

OAUTemitayo:

Don't be a coward, support Obaseki and PDP with your chest and openly.
Either you are with them or against them.
There is nothing like support party politics for now.
Either you are with APC or against APC.
No room for second hand support.
POI is a goal.
Here is your reply below Chief Tayo......

3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by chrisxxx(m): 4:47am On Aug 22, 2020
Now you see the light.... Bob Marley

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by shamhuna: 4:47am On Aug 22, 2020
let's see how it goes
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Rollins777(m): 4:48am On Aug 22, 2020
God will stand for Edo state to overcome the selfish and wicked ones in Jesus Christ Name.

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by sonofthunder: 4:48am On Aug 22, 2020
Apparently, a certain someone is still using public funds for personal interest and the thieving elites aren't tired of receiving it.
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 22, 2020
Accord party is low budget PDP and AA is low budget APC, everybody knows that. undecided
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by EyezofGod120: 4:58am On Aug 22, 2020
People like messi dey move to APC while peoole like bakayoko dey move to PDP,, meanwhile Edo no.b lagos
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by GTkester: 5:04am On Aug 22, 2020
Edo no be Lagos!

Obaseki is not Ambode!

AND

OshiomHOLE is not Tinubu.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Hungarriman: 5:06am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by GTkester: 5:07am On Aug 22, 2020
Eboski:
Obaseki na you be, power shall return to Edo central 2024.
how are wish the south west states can follow suit, when only one man determining the future of a whole zone.

In your dreams. They love their permanent slavery status.

Congrats Edolites in advance!

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Mintum: 5:08am On Aug 22, 2020
Naija politics is comedy, Jokers
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by ovieigho(m): 5:13am On Aug 22, 2020
Nice one

Even the founder of the Accord Party fought Godfatherism in a state notorious for such and that’s why he is still relevant in the scheme of things in his state till date

I Salute Obaseki for this Solo courage in the face of very fierce adversaries

I pity Ambode he allowed himself to be crushed with his timidity

What they use for him is called ‘ crush your enemy totally ‘
He was crushed in scheme of things and like Femi Pedro might not be relevant again in politics

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:13am On Aug 22, 2020
Yoruba

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Algold: 5:13am On Aug 22, 2020
Landslide victory await... APC thieves will not like this news

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Algold: 5:14am On Aug 22, 2020
E don dey happen
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by EdiskyHarry: 5:15am On Aug 22, 2020
You made the right decision,
Say no to godfathrism, as it can never bring about development in a state.
God bless gov obaseki
God bless Edo state

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by tophumble(m): 5:19am On Aug 22, 2020
Appointment seeker.

Nigeria politicians and lack of direction ehn
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by GTkester: 5:22am On Aug 22, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
Yoruba

Ndi afoezi!

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 22, 2020
Eboski:
how are wish the south west states can follow suits, when only one man determining the future of a whole zone.

How I wish............can follow suit

English hard.....

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Ategberoson(m): 5:34am On Aug 22, 2020
Eboski:
how are wish the south west states can follow suits, when only one man determining the future of a whole zone.

a whole zone like Ibadan and Ekiti? and Ondo that the stakeholders like Akeredolu?

you people need to upgrade your brain, people's political lifestyles should be less of your headache.

political comparison is totally unnecessary, Abia state under PDP since her existence is underdeveloped, other zone as you said don't make noise about them yet Yoruba this, southwest that

you people need a sound slap in the center of your brain at least twice a week, to enable you always reason like a sane human

Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2020
PDP ....power
Re: Edo 2020: Godday Idahosa Defects To PDP by GboyegaD(m): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2020
Normal runs. Most of these other parties should be deregistered by INEC.

Subsidy: Your Policies Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians, CAN Tackles Tinubu / NASS Members Salary Cannot Take Them Home - Hon. Benjamin Kalu / Why Did Awo Lose The 1979 Election?