Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad (42326 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / Sad Truths About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by skimena: 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Many people in Nigeria think all is well with everyone living abroad especially those in Europe.

It's sad that many don't even want to know what you are doing for a living or if you even have accommodation.

Many don't care if you have eaten or if u even have the necessary documents to move around to work. The moment they call their loved once they start laying their complains and expect u to meet all their expectations. Failure to do so, they tag u with different names such as being wicked, stingy etc.

This has pushed alot of people Abroad to engage in all sorts of illegal deals to raise funds to meet family needs. But when yawa will gas u will be left alone to carry the cross. Inside Life

227 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Queenslander(f): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Oga tell them to return home if living abroad isn't good for them.. As long as they're abroad, we will continue to call them.. cheesy cheesy

460 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2020
let go first
I like to see things with my two eyes cheesy
You people complain that abroad is not easy whereas na abroad money you come spend here

178 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
skimena:
Many people in Nigeria thinks all is well with everyone living abroad especially those in Europe. It's sad that many don't even want to know what u are doing for a living or if u even have accommodation. Many don't care if u have eaten or if u even have the necessary documents to move around to work. The moment they call their loved once they start laying their complains and expect u to meet all their expectations. failure to do so, they tag u with different names such as being wicked, stingy etc. this has pushed alot of people Abroad to engage in all sort of illegal deals to raise funds to meet family needs. But when yawa will gas u will be left alone to carry the cross. Inside Life

thats because you actually CARE what these people think, while you shouldnt (especially if you are barely making ends meet).

to many people back home, since the dollar/Euro/Pound is around 500Nairas therefore if you are earning 1K abroad then you are rich. they will quickly calculate that $1k is about 500k nairas monthly, so they think you will have more than enough to help them....not understanding that with $1k, you can barely live in the west... and most impórtantly, they dont care whether "you" can pay your rent or not!

next time they call, tell them to call you next month!

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Kvng6464: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
let us go first
I like to see things with my two eyes cheesy
bro no be u quote person say u dy canada lmao

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kvng6464:
bro no be u quote person say u dy canada lmao

I'll advice you to start smoking it helps in connecting the wires in the brain to the mouth so that nonsense won't come out grin
Good night bro

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by vhuqnl(m): 12:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Oga tell them to return home if living abroad isn't good for them.. As long as they're abroad, we will continue to call them.. cheesy cheesy
Golddigger

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 22, 2020
not everybody abroad has poverty stricken needy relations or parents
and everyone"s duty should be to his parents and his immediate siblings
if u have distant realtions who are self entitled or needy pls block them
u dont owe them anytime
the time ur parents were probably sponsoring u in a foreign school over the dere wat were d socalled relations doing?
again ur duty is to ur parents and ur immediate siblings
anybody other than that disurbing ur peace peace of mind block that person
good thing facebook and whatsap has block buttons
u owe nobody any explanation for exhortion

188 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 22, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

thats because you actually CARE what these people think, while you shouldnt (especially if you are barely making ends meet).

to many people back home, since the dollar/Euro/Pound is around 500Nairas therefore if you are earning 1K abroad then you are rich. they will quickly calculate that $1k is about 500k nairas monthly, so they think you will have more than enough to help them....not understanding that with $1k, you can barely live in the west... and most impórtantly, they dont care whether "you" can pay your rent or not!

next time they call, tell them to call you next month!

its not even everybody abroad who has irresponsible relations back home.There some families who are doing well for themselves and they have sons and dauthters overseas but they dont bother them for anything.if u have pestering relations back home na to quickly block them for fone.no be by force cheesy

37 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by 2dice01: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2020
I read somewhere where a China guy was asking
Why do African players runs to China League to Play
The comment that crack me up was
Because they have extended family that relay on them

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by skimena: 12:48am On Aug 22, 2020
grin grin
2dice01:

grin
2dice01:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by 2dice01: 12:53am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:
grin grin grin
Bros i 2 tyre like okada grin

When i saw that comment

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Queenslander(f): 3:08am On Aug 22, 2020
vhuqnl:

Golddigger
That's a really cruel thing to say.. cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 3:13am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
I support you jare and if they don't pick when you call them, enter plane go there go give them dirty slaps for not sending you dollars. grin

69 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by paulolee(m): 5:57am On Aug 22, 2020
they are in advanced counties than Nigeria and dts Y we keep disturbing them but truly its not easy for them overthere..
was chatting with ma gee dts working in u k and he said since this year he had send a total of 50,000 pounds to his family in Nigeria and he sounded asif he's being stressed..
i told him dt he should not worry and think abt it too much and he should try helping one of his siblings there to join him to releive the work load on him after all they are his family and dts the price he would pay for working there..

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by omooba969(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by omooba969(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2020
vhuqnl:

Golddigger

What's wrong in digging gold, or do you want her to dig pover-tea? smiley

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Steady259(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2020
J111333:
I support you jare and if they don't pick when you call them, enter plane go there go give them dirty slaps for not sending you dollars. grin

Seconded.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Finnese001: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2020
Lol
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by OzziOhinoyi(m): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2020
The grass is not always greener on the other side.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by chrisifeanyi: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2020
Na your type dey carry chocolate full everywhere when they return. Give us pounds you wont

34 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Elijahrona(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
vhuqnl:

Golddigger

She was joking.

Here is another unique thing about Nigeria: We insult too much

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by emkz: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
I remember when I lived abroad and was unfortunate to be in a relationship with someone back home. She calculated my earnings, deducted the costs of my rent, fuel and feeding, and requested I sent her the rest. She wanted to spend it on a lavish lifestyle to impress people and on her new relationship since I wasn't around.

When I returned to Nigeria, I fed better, lived better and had savings. Many of the folks back home fail to realise that many abroad work multiple jobs to live fairly comfortably and the taxes are high. I knew a man who worked as a taxi driver during the day and in the restaurant at night, I knew many who sold drugs, I saw some who worked as cleaners in the mornings and in care homes in the afternoons, there were some whose jobs were looking for customers to cut or braid their hair, even some who picked plastic bottles to sell and many of the women in prostitution. They would go to discount shops to purchase clothes at a bargain and some even go to second-hand shops. Then someone in Nigeria would send a message for money to make downpayment for iPhone 16.

129 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by AfonjaBoston: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Lol
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by handsomeyinka(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Abroad good
make I hurry call my uncle Chief Felix Ochuko Ovakporaye wey dey for Croatia.
I need money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by spiralwedge(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:
Many people in Nigeria think all is well with everyone living abroad especially those in Europe.

It's sad that many don't even want to know what you are doing for a living or if you even have accommodation.

Many don't care if you have eaten or if u even have the necessary documents to move around to work. The moment they call their loved once they start laying their complains and expect u to meet all their expectations. Failure to do so, they tag u with different names such as being wicked, stingy etc.

This has pushed alot of people Abroad to engage in all sorts of illegal deals to raise funds to meet family needs. But when yawa will gas u will be left alone to carry the cross. Inside Life

Blame Nollywood and your musicians for that. Pathetic really

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Such a Wicked statement. Shows we have lots of wicked folks in Nigeria. Selfish lots

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by HappyCanadian: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Everyday request for money from friends especially on Facebook whenever they see me online grin

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by EyezofGod120: 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
angry waiting for righteousness guy comment na him fit enlighten us better ,pls stay tune

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by DipoToyo(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:

Quite unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by promotervickky(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

Lol period grin

Stay in Nigeria NO! they will say Nigeria is bad.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Inside China's Overnight High Speed Train You Sleep While Rolling Down The Track / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.