Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. (42324 Views)

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination / A Culture Shock For A Nigerian In Diaspora / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
There are relatively a lot of practices here in Africa and particularly Nigeria that are considered awkward or insane in other advanced nations.
Read below, testimonies of such and feel free to add yours in the comments.

COME ON LET US HAVE FUN
I WILL BE UPDATING THE THREAD

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
More

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
More
LOL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
This is old na.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
Activist001:
This is old na.

Yes, it quite is

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Mindlog: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hilarious.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by eddyline(m): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
e be like say if I find myself over there, I'd really embarrass myself no be small.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by lascos912(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
eddyline:
e be like say if I find myself over there, I'd really embarrass myself no be small.
you will adapt within a month

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
Lolssssss

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Bodyodour: 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
I am just filled with anger in this country.

Na now this reach FP? Mumu site.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bodyodour:
Am just filled with anger in this country .

I just wonder, if we will ever get a country like Nigeria to work.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Fidelismaria: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Naira land = Twitter old threads dumping ground.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by 1beat(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
God let me have this experience I don't want to hear it or read only

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by ReorxTohGan(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
1beat:
God let me have this experience I don't want to hear it or read only
I'm with u bruh!

naija Don cast

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by wealthtrak: 6:40am On Apr 17, 2021
TheBanker23:
There are relatively a lot of practices here in Africa and particularly Nigeria that are considered awkward or insane in other advanced nations.
Read below, testimonies of such and feel free to add yours in the comments.

COME ON LET US HAVE FUN
I WILL BE UPDATING THE THREAD
True that!
Culture shockwaves... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Dymaco(m): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2021
What will shock me more when our president the number one left his country to rest and receive treatment in another man's land? The painful thing is that his supporters supports him and insults us on top eg .

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Seniorwriter(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Just here to observe
Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Bornsinner7: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Difference in culture
Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Regtkh: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Nnnn
Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Dannyozs(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2021
*Been in Deutschland getting to 3 years now, not sure I have witnessed vehicle honking up 3 times, I am trying to be realistic cus I can only recall hearing that once.

*PDA - yup, as we see on tv, its a norm here although arguably Germans are not big on that.

*Mind your business is taken to a whole new level here, for instance, I once witnessed an old woman fall while entering a train and ppl around her didn't even blink or offer assistance. It was a friend(nigerian) that helped her up. In my opinion this affects there social life.

*I do side hustles like helping with relocation and a typical German family will offer you food/drinks and will be actively involved with the work.

*There's this small Church I used to attend with friends, the pattern of service is just peaceful and short. After service (every Sunday) they will entertain everyone with food and drinks.

*Weather dictates your mode of dressing, as a foriegner, weather and travel connection apps are super important.

*Summer is really lively here and ppl are generally happier. Even as a Nigerian, you'll be praying for sunny days to quick come.

*Neat environment - this is not news but I was more interested in how the ppl contribute to this. Well ppl are generally well behaved in this aspect.

*Germans love Bier! So many beer brands here too.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Olawumi1032(f): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Lol
Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2021
You returned a jacket after two weeks of purchase, got another & still collected balance

That is too nice to be true angry

I can only keep my sanity by nursing the thought that Naija must have a satellite site under construction somewhere cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Biafranboys: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Women putting on bum shorts everywhere and it is normal unlike the geographical expression where okada men would boo the ladies

33 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by Tookool(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2021
My guy cast him job twice ...he said he's an ESTATE MANAGER working in Texas, client say "oh sorry scammer, we call it REALTOR here"
Second time e say "NETWORK no good" client talk say it's "SIGNAL over here"

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by sunshineV(f): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Oyingbo laif no too hard

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by HalpyBee(f): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Good evening ma, Good evening sir grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. by calculator123(m): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2021
Stale

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Portugal Job Seekers Visa / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) / Inside China's Overnight High Speed Train You Sleep While Rolling Down The Track

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.