Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,784 members, 7,834,648 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office (14158 Views)

Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal / Only Four States Attracted $1.08bn Capital Inflows, Despite Govts’ Trips Abroad / Lagos Debt Management Office Visits The State's Blue Line Light Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Udoskybest: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Wonders shall never cease to end
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by BHUHARiE: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hey wait did u just said my government
Something is happening [s]Hey wait did u just said my government
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Dreadlock69(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Debt debt debt anyway Sha
I go like make USA or Russia
By this country just in case
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by oluwasegun007(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Billion- billion scandal everywhere in a nature where poverty full everywhere.

There was a nation.

1 Like

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by MsAllison(f): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2020
watch as these cursed buhari supporters will try to exonerate buhari from this as if the title commander in chief has been excluded from his job

cured people

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
MsAllison:
watch as these cursed buhari supporters will try to exonerate buhari from this as if the title commander in chief has been excluded from his job

cured people
As usual Buhari was not aware and is shocked.

3 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nyanabo(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2020
Sometimes when I read all this stuff I de get splitting headache. and you cum say this country go fit better again

This country is beyond repair as long as we are only fighting for our pockets. the 'Me First' Syndrome has eaten deep.

But later dumb Buhari would come on national Tv to say he is fighting kwaraption.

Corruption kee you dia !

5 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Ijaya123: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
ExBanker:
Billions disappearing with integrity. Bubu is a man of integrity

You should be pleased at this development that corruption is being exposed. Bubu the man of integrity is working or did you see where he was partaking in the looting?

What is left is for the other organs of government to follow up the case to a logical conclusion. Abi you expect Bubu to go sit as the judge in a law court?
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Bigii(m): 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
stonemind:
Jeeeeeeeeez I can't believe it I'm actually first to comment... Lol
2nd to comment lol grin

Dm me let's be friends wink
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by sterlingD(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
I remember when GMB won 2015 election and was sworn in he was warned about all this
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by earnit5: 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
Naija
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Okuda(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
FineDesignn:
Things are really happening o

Your Logo is your identity, it is the first thing that catches the attention of your customers, Get your unique and professional 3D logo design for your brand or business for just 3K only. You get the png, jpeg, Pdf, and raw file. My WhatsApp link is in my signature

you still dey learn work go back to the drawimg board bros before commericalizing your skill. there are many free tutorial path to follow on linedin or lynda.com
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Ijaya123: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Buhari's government has taken corruption to the Next Level

You should be pleased at this development that corruption is being exposed. Buhari's government is exposing corruption in the next level. Or you have something against them being exposed?

What is left is for the other arms of government to follow up the case to a logical conclusion. Abi you expect Bubu to go sit as the judge in a law court as well?
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by LEOSZ(m): 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Will these news ever end like this.
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ijaya123:

You should be pleased at this development that corruption is being exposed. Buhari's government is exposing corruption in the next level. Or you have something against them being exposed?

What is left is for the other arms of government to follow up the case to a logical conclusion. Abi you expect Bubu to go sit as the judge in a law court as well?
Buhari is fighting corruption indeed!

2 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Psalter: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
We are to quick to react to reports/stories on this platform without verifying the source. In the instant case, the source of this report is not stated and yet we have taken the content hook line and sinker. Anyone can sit down and write rubbish and dump it on us knowing full well that some Nigerians are so gullible and believe anything. No doubt corruption is rife in Nigeria and all hands must be on deck to kill this monster before it kills us as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by ZooOga: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
LOLZ, Mr Journalist is good at fake grammar. He seems to do better financial detective work than the official efcc.

I checked but couldn't find the mandate or the responsibility of the DMO to disburse such funds. And these guys have to name their sources for such stories. Or the sources should uncloak. wink

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/about-dmo

The DMO was established on 4th October, 2000 to centrally coordinate the management of Nigeria’s debt, which was hitherto being done by a myriad of establishments in an uncoordinated fashion. This diffused debt management strategy led to inefficiencies. For instance, in the FMF alone, four different departments have functions for the management of external debt in the following format:

External Finance Department: responsible for all Paris Club debts and for the management of public debt statistics;
Multilateral Institutions Department: responsible for relationships with all multilateral institutions (excluding the African Development Bank and its subsidiaries such as ADF and the NTF, which is handled by the ABER Department). It is also responsible for managing and servicing multilateral debt;
Africa and Bilateral Economic Relations (ABER) Department: responsible for liaising with the ADB and its subsidiaries, ECOWAS, and all non-Paris Club bilateral creditors;
Treasury Department (OAGF): responsible for issuing mandate to the CBN for payment of all external debts;
Foreign Exchange and Trade Relations Department: responsible for issuing reconfirmation for payment externalization to the CBN and for documenting repayment and servicing of external debts;
In the CBN, the following departments had some involvement with external debt
management:

Debt Management Department: responsible for the London Club debts consisting of trade debts, par bonds, and promissory notes;
Debt Conversion Committee: responsible for managing various debt conversion options such as debt-for-debt, debt-for-equity, debt-for-export, debt-fornature, and debt-for-development; and
Various departments: responsible for processing and effecting loan repayments on behalf of all the other agencies or departments of government listed above.
This diffusion in the management of public debt created fundamental problems, including the following:

Operational inefficiency and poor coordination;

Inadequate debt data recording system and poor information flow across agencies with consequent inaccurate and incomplete debt records;
Extreme difficulty in the verification of creditors’ claims due to conflicting figures from the various bodies handling the debt management function;
Complicated and inefficient debt service arrangements, which created protracted payment procedure and often led to penalties that added to the nation’s debt stock;
Inadequate manpower and poor incentive systems for the affected personnel, which affected outputs and performance;
Lack of consistent well-defined borrowing policies and debt management strategies;
The consideration of these myriad problems led government to support the establishment of a relatively autonomous debt management office, which resulted in the formation of the DMO in October 2000. The need for the creation of a separate public debt management office was therefore aimed at achieving the following advantages:

Good debt management practices that make positive impact on economic growth and national development, particularly in reducing debt stock and cost of public debt servicing in a manner that saves resources for investment in poverty reduction programs;
Prudently raising financing to fund government deficits at affordable costs and manageable risks in the medium- and long-term;
Achieving positive impact on overall macroeconomic management, including monetary and fiscal policies;
Consciously avoiding debt crisis and achieving an orderly growth and development of the national economy;
Improving the nation’s borrowing capacity and its ability to manage debt efficiently in promoting economic growth and national development;
Projecting and promoting a good image of Nigeria as a disciplined and organized nation, capable of managing its assets and liabilities;
Providing opportunity for professionalism and good practice in nation building;
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Ijaya123: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Buhari is fighting corruption indeed!

What exactly was he supposed to do to Ganduje? I will like to know.
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ijaya123:

What exactly was he supposed to do to Ganduje? I will like to know.
Raise his hand in a rally and convince Kano state residents to vote for a man watched by millions around the world, who was shown on video collecting a total of $5 million dollars in bribes. You BMC crew are shameless!

3 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nyanabo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ijaya123:

You are speaking from both sides of your mouth.

Of the over hundreds they have uncovered how many has been prosecuted ?

2 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nyanabo(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Psalter:
We are to quick to react to reports/stories on this platform without verifying the source. In the instant case, the source of this report is not stated and yet we have taken the content hook line and sinker. Anyone can sit down and write rubbish and dump it on us knowing full well that some Nigerians are so gullible and believe anything. No doubt corruption is rife in Nigeria and all hands must be on deck to kill this monster before it kills us as a nation.

Who is deceiving you you are the gullible fellow here because you see facts and still refuse un believe until Jesus comes down un tell you buhari is corrupt himself abi

2 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Jabioro: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
I beg my ear dey pain me,all these noise dey disturb... which Kain noise be these
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by itoba4real(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Corruption everywhere you go
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Ijaya123: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nyanabo:

You are speaking from both sides of your mouth.

Of the over hundreds they have uncovered how many has been prosecuted ?

All of them are being prosecuted and the ones that are yet to, will definitely have their days in court.

How many corruption cases were exposed in the last administration of stealing is not corruption?
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nothing shocks me again undecided
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Reference(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
In a government that has as its mantra, the fight against corruption let me ask this question?
Are there any MDA's left untouched by this intractable scourge. What is going on?

From the CBN to Aviation, from Niger-Delta to North East Development, from Ministry of Petroleum to Sports, to Agriculture to Communications to Information to Transport to Humanitarian to Education to Foreign Affairs to Health to the Presidency to Police Affairs to the Military to Customs and to the EFCC itself.... biko are there any left unstained, un compromised.?... Are there any saints in this heavenly, holy government ?

Or is stealing now official government business.? Chai. It has never been this dramatic, this fantastic and this elastic.
I think it is safe to say that what ever fight is going on against corruption must be scripted by those behind Wrestlemania.... All excitement, boisterous rhetoric, well oiled steroid pumped muscles, choreographed high wire moves but in the end, it is all for the money.... no one gets hurt...

Who is getting punished for all these. No one.

3 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by cooltola(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
Solution- let the corruption agency be immune from any political party and anyone regardless of tribe , political party, or position ,found guilty should be given 20 years minimum in prison with no bail or no early release. If this can happen ,then you will see start seeing change

1 Like

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Ijaya123: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Raise his hand in a rally and convince Kano state residents to vote for a man watched by millions around the world, who was shown on video collecting a total of $5 million dollars in bribes. You BMC crew are shameless!

You haven’t answered the simple question I asked you.

So anybody that doesn’t join you to blame PMB every time is a BMC? Lame.

1 Like

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by ItsCheeze(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
smiley Been a while
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by Nyanabo(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ijaya123:

All of them are being prosecuted and the ones that are yet to, will definitely have their days in court.

How many corruption cases were exposed in the last administration of stealing is not corruption?

I think you are in a better position to answer that. Since you know the number your buhari is prosecuting its only wise to also know how many GEJ prosecuted. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by NkemChukwudi: 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
MsAllison:

cured people

Ok please tell us his job........

And next time you visit any company or corporate establishment tell the CEO to come and clean the toilet or open the company gate for you. Because after all he is the commander in chief.

This is a systemic problem perpetuated by our friends, relatives, in-laws, neighbours, church members, ........in short by the whole of society.
Those fine cars you see on the roads, are they driven by Buhari?

We are terrible people and we are screwing up our country and the people within it. SHAME on all of us.
Re: N1.08bn Corruption Scandal Hits Debt Management Office by vickalson: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hmmm, yesterday if was NTA, today it is DMO, if all the MDA's is to probed non of them will be corruption free. God please save this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) / FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets / Warning Strike: Banks, Civil Servants Shut Down Offices in Kaduna, Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.