Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? (31417 Views)

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
Is CAMA antichurch?
What is the Church?
BISHOP OYEDEPO: Church is run according to the pattern received from God.
Question: What is this Pattern?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPck2y8Toa8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by XXXXTENTACION: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2020
undecided Nowadays the ways some churches are being run like business centers.

it becomes more interesting to see pastors building mansions, buying private jets, and living in luxury cry while their members leave in abject poverty tongue but anyway Jesus lived a humble life. undecided

in developed climes churches are registered and regulated i don't know what all this fuss is about cool

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by orunto27: 4:34am On Aug 23, 2020
JESUS IS THE BLUE PRINT FOR CHURCHES AND CAN NEVER FIT INTO CAMA ADAPTED FOR RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by helinues: 5:47am On Aug 23, 2020
If the churches are not ready to abide by the law of the land, they should be deregistered

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2020
orunto27:
JESUS IS THE BLUE PRINT FOR CHURCHES AND CAN NEVER FIT INTO CAMA ADAPTED FOR RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.

Interrsting. Did he give church leaders this blueprint?

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2020
helinues:
If the churches are not ready to abide by the law of the land, they should be deregistered

Do you think the government is in position to oversee church income at this time, given the level of transparency wrt government funds.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by helinues: 7:27am On Aug 23, 2020
donnie:

Do you think the government is in position to oversee church income at this time, given the level of transparency wrt government funds.

Should that be the right question to ask at this time...

Let's see how government will oversee church income and then we can determine the level of transparency.

No going back about this...

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2020
helinues:

Should that be the right question to ask at this time...

Let's see how they will oversee church income and then we can determine the level of transparency.

No going back about this...

Don't you think they should put their house in order first and have some credibility?

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by paxonel(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2020
donnie:

S C A M

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by helinues: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2020
donnie:

Don't you think they should put their house in order first and have some credibility?

This may be a start for them to test their credibility starting from religious houses...

Except if Both Pastors and Imams would also be in partner in discrediting the scheme...

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2020
helinues:
Corporate Affairs Commission registration doesn't connote business. It connote corporate affairs.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2020
helinues:

This may be a start for them to test their credibility starting from religious houses...

Except if Both Pastors and Imams would also be in partner in discrediting the scheme...

Start their credibility with religious houses? Is that better than starting with taxpayers' money?

30 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:17am On Aug 23, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Corporate Affairs Commission registration doesn't connote business. It connote corporate affairs.

Are the churches not organized corporately? Okay, let's assume that they aren't. They are rigistered as Charities right? Shouldn't there be some sort of supervision to ensure that funds being collected are used for the said charitable purposes?

Don't you think this will keep business men posing as priests or pastors away from "minstry"?

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2020
paxonel:

S C A M

I have asked what that pattern is, no answer as yet. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2020
donnie:

Are the churches not organized corporately? Okay, let's assume that they aren't. They are rigistered as Charities right? Shouldn't there be some sort of supervision to ensure that funds being collected are used for the said charitable purposes?

Don't you think this will keep business men posing as priests or pastors away from "minstry"?
Funds are not collected but donated willingly. The donors are continually donating knowing what the funds are used for so what is the role of an uninvited third party - the government?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by sotall(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2020
undecided
Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by paxonel(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2020
donnie:

the pattern he is referring to is an autocratic system where pastors spend church money without the church members or the government questioning them. Is that suppose to be a pattern from God?

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by orunto27: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
donnie:

HE IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. THAT IS THE BLUE PRINT.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
orunto27:

We're talking about people's money, you're saying WAY TRUTH AND LIFE.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
paxonel:
the pattern he is referring to is an autocratic system where pastors spend church money without the church members or the government questioning them. Is that suppose to be a pattern from God?

Hmm undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by MuttleyLaff: 2:53am On Aug 24, 2020
donnie:
Is CAMA antichurch?
What is the Church?
Question: What is this Pattern?

h ttps://youtu.be/EPck2y8Toa8

helinues:
Gbam!
Law of God and law of man

CodeTemplar:

donnie:

CodeTemplar:
Funds are not collected but donated. damaged willingly. The donors are continually donating knowing what the funds are used for so what is the role of an uninvited third party - the government?
The role of an uninvited third party - the government, is having a duty, to act in the best interests of the environment and society as a whole, it governs, so to protect the governed from being victims, who are financially taken advantage off et cetera

donnie:

paxonel:

donnie:
Hmm undecided
"You must make the tabernacle and design all its furnishings according to the pattern I show you."
- Exodus 25:9

"See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain"
- Exodus 25:40

"The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven.
This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle:
“See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
"
- Hebrews 8:5

The pattern is and should be according to what is shown by Yah aka God

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by MuttleyLaff: 3:02am On Aug 24, 2020
orunto27:
There's no smoke without fire. Something does smells, and the smell sure isn't nice

donnie:

orunto27:

donnie:
We're talking about people's money, you're saying WAY TRUTH AND LIFE.

paxonel:
S C A M

MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/200w0a3838161c4c474a.gif[/img]
There is nothing like covenant prosperity principles, as taught by Oyedepo. It is a sham, all na wash.

Please Ranch\hoddas, tell me what director or CEO of any company has Oyedepo ever being, lol?

My guy, abeggy, no one is shifting any goal post anywhere, the truth be told, Oyedepo is prospering on the back of the sweat, tears, blood and guts of suckers, dangling a carrot, tied to a stick, and stretched out in from of them, lol.

It is Oyedepo plc, that is prospering, and if we are not going to deceive ourselves Ranch\hoddas, we would admit that not even up to 5-10% of Winners Chapel's congregation are really and truly prospering.

That percentage is me, just being, kind and generous

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2020
donnie:

Charitable is different from Charity plus the govt could have made a religious organisation status available instead of forcing the church to be registered under the forced category of "charitable organisation". It makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2020
paxonel:
Did Jesus render annual account to his followers with what Judas kept as treasurer? Didn't Jesus receive gifts? Didn't Paul receive gifts? By the way, no one is forced to belong to any church so if you do not agree with how funds are spent, you can always leave instead of talking all deranged.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Charitable is different from Charity plus the govt could have made a religious organisation status available instead of forcing the church to be registered under the forced category of "charitable organisation". It makes no sense.

The same is obtainable in other more developed countries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by paxonel(m): 8:40am On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Did Jesus render annual account to his followers with what Judas kept as treasurer?
were you there yourself to see that Jesus wasn't transparent enough to render account, must everything that happen written for you to know they truly happen?

Didn't Jesus receive gifts? Didn't Paul receive gifts?
who cares about your pastors gifts undecided

By the way, no one is forced to belong to any church so if you do not agree with how funds are spent, you can always leave instead of talking all deranged.
in that case, let the church leave this country and go operate elsewhere, otherwise, it must abide to the laws governing the nation.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Gbam!
Law of God and law of man

"You must make the tabernacle and design all its furnishings according to the pattern I show you."
- Exodus 25:9

"See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain"
- Exodus 25:40

"The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven.
This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle:
“See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
"
- Hebrews 8:5

The pattern is and should be according to what is shown by Yah aka God

The Pattern:

Acts 4:33-35
[34]Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
[35]And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2020
donnie:

The same is obtainable in other more developed countries.
You mean countries with homosexuality laws?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by backnbeta(f): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2020
CAMA is not only about accountability, it's a deliberate fight against the leadership of the church and the body of Christ generally. How can the government, our own government for that matter dip their hands in the church's management when we know that whatever they touch gets destroyed?

I am a Christian, call me a sheeple, but I will rather have my money spent by the GO than have the government spend my money after I've been overly taxed by the same governmentundecided

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Did Jesus render annual account to his followers with what Judas kept as treasurer? Didn't Jesus receive gifts? Didn't Paul receive gifts? By the way, no one is forced to belong to any church so if you do not agree with how funds are spent, you can always leave instead of talking all deranged.

Why not? So the the bible must write it first?
Judas must have kept records and provided same when required, reason he was TREASURER.

Tell me, was MESSIAH's group registered under government? Did they have the freedom to operate like today's churches? Did MESSIAH receive money from millions of members like we see today?

We're not even talking about the young upcoming pastors everywhere whose goal in life is to have money like Pastors Oyedepo or Oyakhilome or Adeboye. Many don't even keep records, they wire the money directly into their bank accounts or put the tithes straight into their back pockets. shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by donnie(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You mean countries with homosexuality laws?

O pleeease... Na today NIGERIA begin copy copy?
And YES countries with good roads, power, social systems, security etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? by CodeTemplar: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2020
donnie:

Why not? So the the bible must write it first?
Judas must have kept records and provided same when required, reason he was TREASURER.

Tell me, was MESSIAH's group registered under government? Did they have the freedom to operate like today's churches? Did MESSIAH receive money from millions of members like we see today?

We're not even talking about the young upcoming pastors everywhere whose goal in life is to have money like Pastors Oyedepo or Oyakhilome or Adeboye. Many don't even keep records, they wire the money directly into their bank accounts or put the tithes straight into their back pockets. shocked
Boxed into a corner, you are forced to speculate about Jesus. I like that.

By the way, I don't care about Oyedepo or Oyakhilome rendering account for me to see. I release my tithes towards God through them willingly unlike tax I am compelled to pay.

How many account have govt rendered to me. The average project done for less than half a billion under Oyedepo and Oyakhilome goes for many many billion under govt that's fighting corruption and you expect me to want a rendering of account from a church I am not compelled to remain or forced to join? You must be deeply stúpid.

33 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba Reveals When President Buhari Will Return / Pastor David Apologizes To Apostle Suleman Over Sex Scandal / "Oh God, Na Like This We God Dey?" Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.