Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,343 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience (291 Views)

Allah, A God That Named His Prophets After Another God / Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / Things God Could Have Preserved To Prove The Truth Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by OpenYourEyes1: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited who disobey HIM or do wrong, how much more those that are always at the wrong side.

Sometimes I wonder why people get too emotional when GOD ALMIGHTY is punishing the world for its sins rather than doing what is right to please GOD & escape HIS wrath. It's not as if we can do anything to the KING Of GLORY for doing this right things. Why waste your time feeling bitter at your CREATOR instead of doing what pleases HIM? I wonder what you will do when you see more severe future righteous judgments on sinners. HIS word says that many will hide under the rock and beg for death

Whenever HE corrects me for my wrongs, I spend more time in prayers asking for forgiveness and making sure HE has forgiven instead of getting mad and blaspheming HIS name. Even something as little as insult or getting angry at your neighbor could displease HIM & attract HIS judgment... So, that is why is very important to keep your mind clean always and avoid HIS wrath rather than feeling bitter, prideful, self-righteous and foolish.
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by ichuka(m): 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited who disobey HIM or do wrong, how much more those that are always at the wrong side.

Sometimes I wonder why people get too emotional when GOD ALMIGHTY is punishing the world for its sins rather than doing what is right to please GOD & escape HIS wrath. It's not as if we can do anything to the KING Of GLORY for doing this right things. Why waste your time feeling bitter at your CREATOR instead of doing what pleases HIM? I wonder what you will do when you see more severe future righteous judgments on sinners. HIS word says that many will hide under the rock and beg for death

Whenever HE corrects me for my wrongs, I spend more time in prayers asking for forgiveness and making sure HE has forgiven instead of getting mad and blaspheming HIS name. Even something as little as insult or getting angry at your neighbor could displease HIM & attract HIS judgment... So, that is why is very important to keep your mind clean always and avoid HIS wrath rather than feeling bitter, prideful, self-righteous and foolish.
The Gospel of Christ is the gospel of Love nothing more we should focus more on His Love and Mercy then His wrath.
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by OpenYourEyes1: 6:55am On Aug 24, 2020
ichuka:

The Gospel of Christ is the gospel of Love nothing more we should focus more on His Love and Mercy then His wrath.

It has to be balanced... just as Peter, Paul and others balanced it.

It's about them knowing the consequences of sin.
You remind them of the rewards for good deeds and punishments for bad deeds. I occasionally remind them of the punishments and focus more on rewards and others.
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by ichuka(m): 12:28am On Aug 27, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

It has to be balanced... just as Peter, Paul and others balanced it.

It's about them knowing the consequences of sin.
You remind them of the rewards for good deeds and punishments for bad deeds. I occasionally remind them of the punishments and focus more on rewards and others.
the way you always put it is as if we are still under the law.
and the law can never redeem or save man.
its only the Spirit of Grace that can save and also help sinners turn away from sin not the law.
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by OpenYourEyes1: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2020
ichuka:

the way you always put it is as if we are still under the law.
and the law can never redeem or save man.
its only the Spirit of Grace that can save and also help sinners turn away from sin not the law.

Could you show me where I wrote about us still under old testament law?
I read your post multiple times, still don't understand exactly what you mean.

By the way, what do you think about those deliberately sinning under Grace?
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by ichuka(m): 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Could you show me where I wrote about us still under old testament law?
I read your post multiple times, still don't understand exactly what you mean.

By the way, what do you think about those deliberately sinning under Grace?
you didnt have state it categorically.
what I meant is there must be balance in every thing .Christ has done the work for us we just need to obey His leadings.because we can't help or save ourselves. that's the problem the rich guy had with christ. he want to DO!!and its not in his power to DO!!At d tail Christ say with God All things are possible and that's grace.we must accept His Grace fully and wait for His leading to work.
regarding those that still sin the full Gospel hasn't be preached to them.these our half baked Gospel must stop .
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by xproducer: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

==========

The operative word is correct, not punish... "My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights." - Proverbs 3:11-12

You are right in the sense that those who do not know GOD, rather are not known of him should be advised; Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?” - 1 Peter 4:18

Nevertheless a lesson to us all to never, by His grace, take Him for granted. Ultimately, we rely solely on His righteousness, and not our works.

------------------------

"In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." - Jeremiah 23:6
Re: If GOD could punish HIS prophets/annoited for disobedience by OpenYourEyes1: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

(1) (Reply)

Where Did Men Created The Term Death From???? / Two Nuns Miraculously Got Pregnant Upon Their Visit To African . / At What Age Did You Believe That God Does Not Exist And Was Created By Humans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.