Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga (30311 Views)

Man City To Trigger Erling Haaland's £63 Million Release Clause / Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi / Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by obembet(f): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2020
La Liga confirm paying Messi's €700M release clause would be the only way out for him

La Liga have released an official statement to confirm they side with Barcelona in their legal dispute with Lionel Messi and they say that the player’s €700m release clause remains in place.

The 33-year-old has a clause in his deal allowing him to leave at the end of any season, and whilst it was thought that deadline passed in June, with Marca reporting last week that the player’s camp believe that it has been extended in line with the prolonged 2019/20 season.

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu and the current board of the Catalan giants are said to be insistent they will not allow their superstar to leave as a free agent and they will only be prepared to meet with the player to discuss a new contract.

Bartomeu and his board have now been vindicated by La Liga, who say that the release clause – which is likely to prove unattainable for any club – remains in place for Messi.

The statement from La Liga say they will only allow Messi to be released from his Barcelona contract if the player’s release clause is matched or the club negotiate on a sale – but he cannot leave without one of those conditions being met.

On Saturday, Barcelona sacked their legal team for advising the player on how to navigate his exit from the club while Messi did not turn up for testing as scheduled on Sunday morning.

With a legal dispute between the player and club appearing increasingly likely, it is now reported that FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport are likely to be involved in determining the nature of any exit for the player thi summer

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/messi-can-only-leave-barca-if-his-700m-release-clause-is-met/bw9lcg8ybdu1ihdf761jprn0

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2020
Messi just reminds me of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who was let down by his own people and chased away to Nasarawa City but no matter the humiliation he passed through in the hands of Ganduje Munich, he is still King and he shall reign Supreme anywhere he finds himself.

God Save Our King.

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by ExBanker: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2020
700 euros might buy some countries in Africa, Nobody will pay that for messi

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by sylve11: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2020
If City like make them buy Messi, they will not win the champions league, and that will confirm that Guardiola is not too much of a better coach and Messi can't do better if he is not with the right players. Las las them go chase Guardiola with broom wey them dey use sweep outside... cool

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Kriss216: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2020
Messi is 34. 700m Euros for that age is outrageous and foolishness.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by paulolee(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2020
sure, it dont exist but the stupid barca board are using the fact that the clause had expired since june due to the fact that covid delayed the season..
messi would always win this case and i hope barca board jus discuss with him and city for a sizeable fee to build use build the new squad and start planning for a better life without messi than dragging this case for weeks because if this case continues till when the new season begins, barca would be fighting for top 4 in spain and have the worst season eva with or without messi...

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Andersonjr(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2020
Messi wants Guardiola
Guardiola wants Messi
Is it weird that I'm pointing out the obvious? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by paulolee(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2020
sylve11:
If City like make them buy Messi, they will not win the champions league, and that will confirm that Guardiola is not too much of a better coach and Messi can't do better if he is not with the right players. Las las them go chase Guardiola with broom wey them dey use sweep outside... cool
see haters, messi neva come and fear don de catch you...allow am come first and give him a chance na...we all know city have a bigger chance with messi no matter how much you hate city or messi..

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by paulolee(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Andersonjr:
Messi wants Guardiola Guardiola wants Messi Is it weird that I'm pointing the obvious? cheesy
the cityzens wants ucl.. messi needs ucl... pep needs ucl...and thats the major factor of this deal..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Andersonjr(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:

the cityzens wants ucl..
messi needs ucl...
pep needs ucl...and thats the major factor of this deal..
I wouldn't say Messi n Guardiola needs the ucl u might just say they want to win it again together considering how they've won it together twice

22 Likes

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by paulolee(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2020
Kriss216:
thats what the whole world knows but the barca board are playing smart using ignorance...
they jus want to keep messi for this season thinking that he would be convinced to sign a new deal as the season progresses not knowing that messi mind his made up, he is ageing and he deserve more than this current barca is giving him....ending a season without a trophy shouldn't be happening to a team like barca with a player like messi..NEVA

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by obonujoker(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2020
Messi wey never won UCL for the past 7 years, na now he wan win am with losers like City?? Lol

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by obembet(f): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Kriss216:

Messi is not a fool like Bartomeu. His lawyers would have advised him only after knowing this exception in clause. Now Barca will lose one of the greatest player of all time and that too for free

mynd44

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by paulolee(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2020
Andersonjr:
I wouldn't say Messi n Guardiola needs the ucl u might just say they want to win it again together considering how they've won it together twice
my gee messi needs is badly more than pep and city self...thats the only cup dt messi and cr7 are both dieing to kiss and cr7 is currently one ahead of him..
watch both of them during ucl nightd and you would see the fire and desire burning in them to score and to win matches..
pep jus need it to complement his sweet legacy in England, he had won all cups in England and no matter what he wins, hw would be tagged a failure without the UCL and klopp would always have an edge over him bcox of that..

20 Likes

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by PabloTehnyson(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2020
grin
Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by paulolee(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2020
obembet:

Messi is not a fool like Bartomeu. His lawyers would have advised him only after knowing this exception in clause. Now Barca will lose one of the greatest player of all time and that too for free

mynd44
you are getting is wrong, back then the love story was sweet and everybody agreed that messi would spend his career in barca and he promised to renew after this current season, that clause was thier because of exceptions like if injury ends his career, if he doesn't like the new board, if he isn't happy with the new coaches or the board projects and you dnt exoect bartomeu to say no to dt clause because messi had been a loyal servant to barca and he MUST be made happy, iniesta and xavi had same clauses and nothing happened bt i sensed danger about this messi's turn when the clause was leaked to the media this season and messi kept mute about it..

7 Likes

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Andersonjr(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:

my gee messi needs is badly more than pep and city self...thats the only cup dt messi and cr7 are both dieing to kiss and cr7 is currently one ahead of him..
watch both of them during ucl nightd and you would see the fire and desire burning in them to score and to win matches..
pep jus need it to complement his sweet legacy in England, he had won all cups in England and no matter what he wins, hw would be tagged a failure without the UCL and klopp would always have an edge over him bcox of that..
Hhm... quite understanding but he'll also b tagged a failure if he does signs Messi n still don't win the ucl and i think that will be his end at City

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by prodigyhenry: 8:16am On Aug 30, 2020
This news just dy sweet my belle, Shebi bartomeu said he is mad ni. If there's something you should fear in life, it's lawyers. They can dig out what doesn't even exist.. bartomeu is finished now, I'm sure he'd be plummeted with stones when driving around Barcelona.. now with this revelation Messi might leave for almost nothing. If they had just had sense and let him leave, Manchester City might have paid a huge price, now Barca will lose out

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Skmoda360(m): 10:06am On Aug 30, 2020
Ok now
Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by obembet(f): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
la Liga knows that their only source of income is keeping Leo Messi in the league. So they are helping Barca keep Messi. The fact is no matter how you try to keep someone out of his will, you can't win him because his love for the club and the desire is all gone.. Teaming up just to keep Messi is totally wrong.

Lalasticlala

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by joviegghead: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hmmm
I'm not surprised that La Liga is saying this. The revenue Messi brings to the league is incredible.

It's really funny tho. La Liga saying that the only way our is the triggering the 700 million buyout clause, while barca are desperate to accept 250 million. Clowns everywhere!

But, honestly, I think they should let him go.

This isn't the Messi exit we foresaw.
I believe this will be dragged to court and I believe Messi will win the case.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by fredoooooo: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
Na la liga be Barcelona wey get Messi abi , kontinu grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Slawormir: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Upton: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
To be honest, I never saw Lionel Messi winning this battle. Before Covid-19, those whose contracts ought to have expired "at the end of the season" had to agree an extension with their clubs because the season ended in June, there was no automatic extension for those contracts. Since Messi's clause was signed before covid and it stated "the end of the season", then Messi's case shouldn't be different.

Barca fans don't know what is going to hit them yet. Their club is already in financial crisis and some of them want Messi to leave for free because of their emotional attachment to him. I'm sure Barca doesn't doubt the fact that he wants to leave but they need any interested club to pay his release clause or something close to that so they can reinvest the money. If Messi leaves for free, Barca will become like Villareal and Valencia in a few years time. Barca has an ageing team and desperately needs money to buy young players and someone's even thinking of allowing their best player leave for free.

Some say if this ends up becoming a saga then Messi will not love the club anymore, do you prefer to preserve the love Messi has for Barca than to save the future of your club?

Zyxzzzz:
why can't Barcelona just negotiate his price, next season he will leave for free, would be better if they sell him now than for him to leave for free next season
This is what I think Barca would prefer to do but Messi and his camp wants to leave for free because they know Barca will demand at least 300m euros and no club would be willing to pay 300m euros and then pay Messi's huge wages after the impact covid-19 has had. So Messi is looking out for himself by wanting to leave for free. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds

17 Likes

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by jojofola: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
e don do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Goldenheart(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
cool
Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by daddytime(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
If na me be the guy na to just chill with them for the remaining season collect my bar accordingly and make sure say dem go relegation before I waka for free.

Even the fans go understand.

Bastard Bartomeu.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Zyxzzzz: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
why can't Barcelona just negotiate his price, next season he will leave for free, would be better if they sell him now than for him to leave for free next season

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by Authoreety: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
Na wa
Re: Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga by EmptyGarden(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
What we've always known... He's not leaving.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAF Announce Host For 2019 AFCON After Stripping Off Cameroon / Nigeria’s 4x400m Women’s Relay Team Banned From Rio 2016 / Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.