Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election (17988 Views)

Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG / Olabode Rhodes-Vivour Retires As Supreme Court Justice / Lagos East Bye-election: APC’s Tokunbo Abiru wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by gwhale07: 9:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Ambode dey fall hand oo
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by NOC1(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2020
oba4ever:

I tireoooo. To think say Senator pay pass MD of a commercial bank. Na wa

Not all about money, it is all about power and popularity, sometimes passion to serve the populace drives it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by ayspac(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2020
Good to know
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by EagleSquare1(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2020
Even if he was forgiven, is the senate seat for his taking? There are many stakeholders in the game of politics. What if it was Abiru that bankrolled Ambode’s election and this is payback time. I’m just saying.

There are many people in line in Lagos for political reward. Ambode was just too lucky to have tasted the number one seat when he did. And that was in line with the political godfathers’ calculations.

braveboi4life:
I thought some people were screaming that its ambodes own for grab, People don't understand that politics is devilish, this guys act like the wild, they don't have forgiveness in their dictionary, Good luck to the lone ranger

3 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by nairavsdollars(f): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2020
Ambode that has Jakpa out of the country
braveboi4life:
I thought some people were screaming that its ambodes own for grab, People don't understand that politics is devilish, this guys act like the wild, they don't have forgiveness in their dictionary, Good luck to the lone ranger
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Ya809441: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2020
[/color]dk[color=#990000]
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by ideabuilder: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2020
oba4ever:

I tireoooo. To think say Senator pay pass MD of a commercial bank. Na wa

It is more than that. I think he is being groomed to be the next governor of Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by wink2015(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2020
IF NOT FOR SANUSSI LAMIDO SANUSSI, that carried out reforms in the banking sectors during his time as governor of the central bank of Nigeria.

Most top executives desire to hold that position for a life time.

Just think about the executive abuses that took place when Erastus Akingbade was head of the defunct Intercontinental bank and or Mrs Cecilia Ibru was head of Oceanic bank respectively.

THAT TIME WAS AN ERA OF "REMAIN AS YOU LIKE "

CHOP TILL YOU TIRE !

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Guyman02: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2020
Consensus candidate meaning that Ambode was not even allowed to buy nomination form grin
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by ahiboilandgas: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-east-bye-election-polaris-bank-md-abiru-retires/
that mean politics is more rewarding in Nigeria ....for bank m.d to choose senator over bank m.d ......we are in trouble in Nigeria
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by okpurukata(f): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Congratulations my former boss
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by loopman: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2020
Go represent us well in the upper chambers

May Almighty Allah grant Aljana firdaus to Senator Bayo Oshinowo ( our own Pepperito)

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by chiiraq802(m): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2020
majamajic:
How assured is he getting that seat ?
Good luck to him , he will do a good job as a senator
I love seeing guys on suit into politics
Fear agbada guys !
That suit will swallow $30 million dolls...with no trace grin Fear 9ja politicians and 'wanna be' politicians

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Omooba77: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-east-bye-election-polaris-bank-md-abiru-retires/

But he denied it earlier.....

In a saner environment.....
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Omooba77: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
that mean politics is more rewarding in Nigeria ....for bank m.d to choose senator over bank m.d ......we are in trouble in Nigeria

That is the end of the whole matter......

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by kingmurainah(m): 10:02am On Aug 24, 2020
I sell tron at affordable rate
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Johnson5258: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2020
It was initially APC seat so forget it. So nothing for AA....nawa oooo. Maybe I'm wrong sha....

majamajic:

Fear agbada guys !
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Chicastle: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2020
majamajic:

Fear agbada guys !

You mean fear babariga guys ?
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Chicastle: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2020
jericco1:
He must be sure of a win to have resigned

Bank self Nah work?
I no blame him
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by AbuAeesha: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2020
majamajic:

Fear agbada guys !
his current job makes him wear suit, just watch he will soon put off the suit and take on the norms
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by majamajic(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2020
AbuAeesha:

his current job makes him wear suit, just watch he will soon put off the suit and take on the norms

Hahaha , why Nigerian politicians don't feel comfortable on suits , even the slim ones ?
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by surgical: 10:23am On Aug 24, 2020
jericco1:
He must be sure of a win to have resigned
Because he is contesting in Lagos not Edo.
Lagos is in tinubu's agbada ,he decides for them,they have no say

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Champneys: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2020
A big gamble if the playing fields were level but as we all know the APC modus operandi when it comes to elections, you might has well address him as senator-elect!

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Magicians: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2020
But foolish igbo will argue, insult Tinubu call him name and claim the seat should have been reserved for lunatics like Ikpeazu Abaribe Umahi Ugwuanyi or the renowned fraudster Peter Obi who built the biggest mall in FCT with Anambra money during the period he looted Anambra for solid 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Magicians: 10:39am On Aug 24, 2020
Oloriburuku Igbo leave Ambode alone.
Your father is dying of poverty in alaigbo, you are on the street of NL wailing like a lunatic for daily peanut from lunatic financed by PDP.

Is this how your pathetic life will get beta ? You are wailing foolishly over Ambode that will feed your entire household / generation till Jesus return if given the opportunity. I pity your life O.

Eboski:
Ambode see your life, Even Senate position they couldn't give it to you, You are political useless to those who once praised you as one of the best governor in Nigeria, immediately you start fighting their god, they turnaround I said you are the worst governor so far in Nigeria,
you were even branded Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Abuleoshi: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2020
Is this the next Governor of Lagos? Tinubu has a way of doing his things, and this has hand written on it
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Eboski(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2020
Magicians:
Oloriburuku Igbo leave Ambode alone.
Your father is dying of poverty in alaigbo, you are on the street of NL wailing like a lunatic for daily peanut from lunatic financed by PDP.

Is this how your pathetic live will get beta ? You are wailing foolishly over Ambode that will feed your entire household / generation till Jesus return if given the opportunity. I pity your life O.

I I don't want to Insult your generation this morning,
anyone that is not on the same view with your stupid fellow is an Igbo,
You people once praised him to be the best governor in Nigeria,
don't quote my mention again,
I am not among your fellow zombies for empower job, be guided

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by bolaayenimo: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
kinda
Abuleoshi:
Is this the next Governor of Lagos? Tinubu has a way of doing his things, and this has hand written on it
Re: Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election by Brunicekid(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
pretydiva:
They don't want to give room for the masses to govern. Circle of the rich
Can you imagine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iswap’s Ability To Launch Rockets In Borno Disturbing - IGP Baba / Wike Takes 2023 Consultation To Bayelsa, Warns Against Saboteurs / Senators Drop Impeachment, Consider Reprimand Of Buhari Over $496m Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.