Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation (28086 Views)

The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / Senate Backs ASUU, Asks Nigerian Govt To Resolve Issues / LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by mayprince(m): 10:15am On Aug 24, 2020
This was announced via Twitter handle...

"Students who are our children and partners in progress should show understanding, what we are asking from the government are in their interest and the interest of the nation, good hostel accommodation, good classroom blocks that can engender effective learning,........
#ASUU

laboratories where cutting edge research can be carried out and offices that can drive the process of quality university education.
#ASUU

“So what we are asking of the government are not baseless things, but those things that in 2012, the government conducted during a needs assessment survey and found out that there is widespread rot and decay in the university system."
#ASUU

https://twitter.com/ASUUNGR/status/1297800417754124288?s=19

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by isaiah4life(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2020
tongue
Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Affable0709(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2020
Fair point.

But we the students still suffer the consequences of these actions.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Daploid06(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2020
lie kill ASUU there the strike has always been about ippis from the start when did it degenerate into fundings for institutions........they are only covering there face with this

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Jman06(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2020
Stop using students as pawns in your game of chess with government! You don't mean well for students! If you meant well for students, you wouldn't be so insensitive as to be thinking of further keeping the students at home even after they have languished at home for six months (almost an academic session)

I don't blame you people at all, I blame the governments that have failed to take drastic measures towards ending your nonsense in the public university system in Nigeria.

If FG knows they're not ready to to deal decisively with these people , then they should do what they're asking for.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by DICKstractor: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2020
cheesy

They are using students as their bait. They really don't care about the students. They are just fighting for their selfish interest

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by daddytime(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Just imagine people wey dem saddle with the task of educating a generation. Na so so strike dem sabi no wonder dem dey churn out half-baked disasters as graduates and you expect the country to make any headway?

How could an academic staff union of a university not know the difference between cooperation and "corporation" in God's name?

No be only corporation na company.

To better understand the enormity of this disaster, none of the posters above even noticed it because they obviously didn't know any better either. Even the op don sharp sharp correct him subject line lol. Na real wa

Chai.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Bomboiy: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
They asked for our corporation not cooperation. Odiegwu.

They should release us abeg,we don't want to cooperate, cooperation is not by force.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Karlifate: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's co-operation & not corporation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
OK
Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
ASUU should be proscribed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
Only a FOOLISH STUDENT will cooperate with these lecturers

4 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Igwe355(f): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
See signature if you are looking to buy a land in Abuja
Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by donjazet(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
cheesy
Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Igwe355(f): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Olalekank(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Students would keep suffering the brunt
It's so sad how bad the system has gotten

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by ADUBA1(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
ASUU is actually fighting for Nigerian students. I hope they understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by paulolee(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
thats my point...as long as a truce would be struk and ASUU demands are met at the end, i dnt mind if the strike last for the next 2 years...
the problem with the students is dt they fail to understand the main reasons abt the yearly ASUS strikes..
our education sector is soo messed up even with soo much cash in the economy and all ASUU are fighting for is a little improvement in the sector...
was on video call with my cousin is his school in Rwanda b4 the covid break and the school views i saw from his end made me realised dt our schools here are trash..
bt the good thing is dt we are all structured to accept and praise the stinking mediocre settings we called schools..
if you leave the shores of this country and see things happening in other countries even if its the smaller African country, you would keep cursing our wicked sets of leaders..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by jericco1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lol greedy bastards.. when has ASUU strike ever benefited the students?!

Thank God I don pass that level

3 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by paulolee(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
sbaks:
Only a FOOLISH STUDENT will cooperate with these lecturers
u kno notin john snow, was once like you, not until i heard from both sides of the mic, i understood better after my professor in skul gave me the full details...i advise you to do same bro, don't jus depend on media scripted news dt always paint the F G as saints..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Hakeymco(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
Be like say they are high on weed, Cooperating for what
Re: Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation by Gabe427: 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
If only our leaders understand Other languages apart from strike....

sincerely our university and education system is below standard

forget media hype and weak rankings by blogs and Husslers we are far behind.

But Assu Making it look like a favour by their numerous strike actions is just annoying.

And they forgot IPPIS stuffs that are still battling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Sorry State Of This Primary School In Zamfara: Photos / Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.