Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,663 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) (48304 Views)

FG Considers Powering NRC Locomotives With Gas / Sudan: NAF Hercules C130 Departs To Evacuate stranded Nigerians From Egypt / Check Out Some Beautiful Places In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by rationalhuman(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
You can not bring Groundnut and Apple in one basket.

I think that was his point.
sofiscatedmoron:

Is said india and Nigeria are 3rd world countries

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
sunkee:

And when last did u see America using this type of train.well u only watch them in movies.Go there and see what they are using bro

I am a railcar maintenance engineer in america. If you want I can send you pictures on the job. You guys are really ignorant about the rail industry.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by olumide4christ: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

Is said india and Nigeria are 3rd world countries

Okay sir.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by omoluka: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
rkumije:
Awon chinko yi ati Naija Sha...
Apple laptop?
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Tapout(m): 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
they didn't have paint to it green white green ffs! angry
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
simpleseyi:

You can continue walking from your village to Otuoke to report to the drunk ineffectual buffoon or walk to Ota Farm to report to incest Owu Spirit.the two foolish idiots that did nothing in 14 years.

They signed these contracts, you slowpoke. Amaechi confirmed that to the committee investigating the nonsense contracts last week. Plus, I could give a crap -- from Azikwe to the lastest clown.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Biodun556:

Newly acquired locomotive by the US from siemen. Any difference from that of Nigeria

The US trains are old models too. The US is looking to upgrade -- hyperloop and such. The Europeans are moving away from these nonsense, even China -- the salesperson. So to summarize, because the US does it does not mean it's latest/best. Wake up!
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
COMPAQ:

Don't be daft. These are brand new. Not bullet trains doesn't mean they are old. Not every developed country has bullet trains. The economics have to make sense for bullet trains or any type of train for that matter.

A project that does not make economic sense with bullet train of $10bln, can make sense with normal train of $2bln.

These whole focus on interstate trains do not make sense either. We need to move goods not humans. Humans in African barely move between states. Even in developed countries these trains run at huge losses. Google Amtrak losses! So look at the mirror regarding your first statement and economic sense -- as for new I meant model.

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Captaincee:
At least, it's better than nothing.

Not when you have to get into huge debts. Nothing is zero; debt is negative.

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
MrBONE2:
grin
That's Nigeria under China with this yeye train.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Slurity:
Your spouse will find it hard to please you. You are a difficult person. You disgusting

It's "you're" not "you". Mugu black man -- ready to accept the last position at any time.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
post=93194139:
What kind of train did the thieves, criminals and looters that you all support bought in 16 years of failure?
Make sure you reply this kid Alex!

Reply ke? For where.......... tongue

You castigate sane, hardworking and honest Nairaland members for loving and voting for a honest, good man and voting out thieves, looters and criminals?
na dat one dey make una vex, comedey wail 24/7?
Y'all need to examine what is wrong with y'all...for real.

No offence! tongue

Illiterate per usual on Nairaland, or should I say Nigerian youth? Those lazy people signed this contract and the Chinese have been at work since then. Amaechi admitted it was 80% complete when they arrived. He said that to the committee investigating last week.

Illiterates like you only deserve illiterate leaders. Your gross ignorance contributes to why the country is a clown show.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
EVILFOREST:

How Please...?
There are such TRAINS in the United States, Russia and Many Parts of Europe.

IF you term it OLD, why not manufacture yours and stop patronizing the expertise of the WHITE MAN...
What stops you from making SPEED TRAINS and Bullet trains..?
What's stopping you from going to the MOON, after all it's right above your head.
...NIGERIA a Country of BEGGARS with CHOICE grin grin grin

You have answered your own question, so nothing to add.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Cousin9999: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
And full of spy equipment.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by chinex11(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
khalidx:
I know for a fact that one of the reasons Buhari is serious about getting Nigeria’s SGR trains running is so people can get familiar with the technology and stop asking embarrassing questions like chinex11 here. This is sadly what happens when a generation(s) is deprived of rail.
in as much as I dont want to argue with you but just know am very savvy with tech, go make your research locomotive trains are phasing out in the developed word you only see developing countries running them even though this is the onset of the phasing out doesn't mean its not
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by LastProphet: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
OriOko88:

Show us the picture now. Liar.

The below is a picture I took at the airport last year at Manchester airport but no train in the background, shall go through my archive tomorrow when I reach office and find you a picture with their diesel powered train in it. There's no need to insult you I already know where your type ends up. I'm only sending it for the benefit of others that are human beings. I'm waiting for who will deny that is Manchester airport

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by chaloskyx: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
these trains look like refurbished 1991 locomotives
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
foreshore:

That assertion is not true. The difference in rate is in the class. This same thing we are talking about is what Nigerians embrace when abroad. Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to travel outside Nigeria, then you will understand this.

And how many nigerians are abroad? Maybe 5mln, but we have 200mln here. Besides those abroad receive better pay than those here, so they can afford it. Still doesn't mean it isn't expensive for them there too.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alex9999:

These whole focus on interstate trains do not make sense either. We need to move goods not humans. Humans in African barely move between states. Even in developed countries these trains run at huge losses. Google Amtrak losses! So look at the mirror regarding your first statement and economic sense -- as for new I meant model.

I totally agree with you. Passenger rail has hardly been profitable anywhere in the world by itself if freight isn't factored onto it.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alex9999:

The US trains are old models too. The US is looking to upgrade -- hyperloop and such. The Europeans are moving away from these nonsense, even China -- the salesperson. So to summarize, because the US does it does not mean it's latest/best. Wake up!

Hyperloop is still largely experimental and may not become widely used for the next 10+ years.

Not every country in Europe has bullet trains and even for those that do, not every route is bullet train. America does not have a single bullet train.

The reality is that we are just not economically viable for reall high speed trains like we see above.

If the new rails we are building can achieve 120 to 150km/hr and is operationally efficient and helps move freight much more efficiently and turns a profit, it would be a success story that we can build on. China of 1970 could not afford it. They can only afford it now due to economic might. Same way Nigeria of today cannot afford it.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Alex9999: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
COMPAQ:

Hyperloop is still largely experimental and may not become widely used for the next 10+ years.

Not every country in Europe has bullet trains and even for those that do, not every route is bullet train. America does not have a single bullet train.

The reality is that we are just not economically viable for reall high speed trains like we see above.

If the new rails we are building can achieve 120 to 150km/hr and is operationally efficient and helps move freight much more efficiently and turns a profit, it would be a success story that we can build on. China of 1970 could not afford it. They can only afford it now due to economic might. Same way Nigeria of today cannot afford it.

I agree with you on affordability, but it's bullet train or nothing for me. At least prepare the gauges for that. If we have money in the future and decide to have bullet and such, we'd have to spend more to convert the current old style. In addition, the old trains (before this) could move freight, no? Did they move enough? Will these move enough with these? We are largely on the same page we just disagree on the usefulness of the whole rail project.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Hangulsaram: 3:21am On Aug 26, 2020
isaiah4life:

Development is a relative term oga. what you see as development is not what the other glimpse as development.

I understand your plight keyboard warrior. people like you want us to meet up with other advance countries overnight. I believe in your dream
See check my post how many are they, keyboard warrior you said? Common there nothing wrong with going the market and buy the right thing when you know you have the money. So Ethiopia has become advance country too that we can not meet up with? Common bro reason am again.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by drmuri(m): 6:02am On Aug 26, 2020
Bellowcy:
Who is taking us backward when the world is moving forward? Lokomotiv trains at this age? When China and other advanced countries are on high-tech?

We shouldn't be living 50 years behind time, because it will require enough diesel to power

it. Going for an electric train would've make some sense.
Going for electric train with less than 10,000 megawatts of electricity?
You are not being realistic

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by sunkee(f): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Xda59:

I am a railcar maintenance engineer in america. If you want I can send you pictures on the job. You guys are really ignorant about the rail industry.
You don't need to ask weather you should send pics or not if you are saying the truth.. Well may your dream come to reality.amin
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by LastProphet: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2020
OriOko88:

Show us the picture now. Liar.

This is Manchester UK airport 2019 I took this picture the same day I snapped the one sent yesterday, don't talk anyhow on NL and stop assuming only corpers and jambites read comments here.

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
sunkee:

You don't need to ask weather you should send pics or not if you are saying the truth.. Well may your dream come to reality.amin

That is how you deal with Nigerians because they don't believe anything even when you present them with evidence. Just like you saying "well may your dream come to reality" because you never imagined a Nigerian working as a railcar maintenance engineer as it sounds too good to be true.

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by chris81964(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
Xda59:

AMTRAK and NJTransit has them
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by yemmywesey(m): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2020
daddytime:
The people wey buy the huge real estate don dey move in with their properties small small.

I don kukuma dey learn Chinese/mandarin. I don chose my name already.

Tian Hiang

My Chinese name is Mr jixin pin
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Conceptsncontex(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
Topmaike007:
oga the train that they're using in USA is using what pls?
Bro most of the trains are gas powered or electric. Have you ever heard of tramps?
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Conceptsncontex(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
Oritsewhandey:

Then, suggest! Igbo. Hater

slowpoke. You don't know my tribe. You just jump into conclusion. Mad dog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa / Nigerian Sailors Celebrate The 55th Independence At Sea (Photos) / The Making Of ₦1.3 Trillion Russian-Built Europe’s Longest Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.