Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,397 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) (48295 Views)

FG Considers Powering NRC Locomotives With Gas / Sudan: NAF Hercules C130 Departs To Evacuate stranded Nigerians From Egypt / Check Out Some Beautiful Places In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by olumide4christ: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2020
isaiah4life:

Development is a relative term oga. what you see as development is not what the other glimpse as development.

I understand your plight keyboard warrior. people like you want us to meet up with other advance countries overnight. I believe in your dream

Same way they (typical Nigerians) want to get rich overnight and will do almost anything to achieve it!

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by olumide4christ: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2020
OriOko88:
Africa still basking in mediocrity. Locomotive train in this 2020. The last locomotive train was used in Europe during world war 2. That's in 1945. Just imagine the years. Nonsense. What hppns to bullet train or tunnel train like the Euro stars model. Yeye

False...False...False.
UK, Russia and other European countries still use locomotive trains very well.
Use Google to help yourself..also use Google to help you define the term "Locomotive train"...many of you seem not to know the exact definition

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by olumide4christ: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2020
khalidx:
such ignorance with audacity.
Shame on you.
A little google search would have saved you from embarrassing yourself.

Like I said before, I am at a loss on how many Nigerians, like the one you quoted, draw their conclusions. Perhaps they have not travelled out before or they watch too many Hollywood movies or they rely on the deception their people abroad tell them that everything there is heaven compared to Nigeria. Thus in their thinking, if abroad is heaven, Locomotive trains can never exist there.
I tire for some Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by khalidx: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2020
olumide4christ:

Like I said before, I am at a loss on how many Nigerians, like the one you quoted, draw their conclusions. Perhaps they have not travelled out before or they watch too many Hollywood movies or they rely on the deception their people abroad tell them that everything there is heaven compared to Nigeria. Thus in their thinking, if abroad is heaven, Locomotive trains can never exist there.
I tire for some Nigerians.
they are hell-bent on seeing Nigeria suffer.

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Soulsymbol99: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2020
marvin906:

can you pay for a bullet train ticket..
some of you just talk out of point

It is thoughts like this and people like u that is keeping this country the way it is.if only u know how much dis pple loot,u will nt talk.shebi dem wan bring back toll gates so that poor Nigerians will be the ones paying back loans that was never judiciously used.Oga Google wot us happening in mali.we will get dia sad
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by OyinO: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2020
isaiah4life:
Good development

Very bad development. Capital flight in action in broad daylight is never good development. You're empowering, enriching and developing the industrial sector and economy of another nation and you call that good development? Good development my asss!
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Investnownow: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2020
YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH VIABLE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS

*MINT TOWN*

*Do you know you can own 6plots of land(1acre) in the New Ibadan today?*

Mint Town positions you for strategic opportunities with the massive economic and governmental driven projects in the most desirable and developing location in Ibadan. ALABATA is simply the Ibeju-Lekki of Ibadan!

*ALABATA* is home to
* Ibadan Inland Dry Port
* Lagos-Ibadan Train Terminal
* Industrial Warehouses
* Huge Number of Residential Estates
and more

Land appreciation in this environment will increase by over 200% by the end of 2020.

*Alabata is undoubtedly the best real estate investment location in Ibadan currently.*

*Location*

Located at
Alabata community, between the under reconstruction Moniya-Iseyin road. Less than 15minutes drive from the 70% completed Ibadan Inland Dry Port and the Ibadan Train Terminal, by Alabata, Ibadan.

*Shares neighborhood with;*

* Glory Estate
* Holland Park Estate
* Nigeria Civil Defence Estate
* Kunle Ara Pharmaceutical Store etc

*Title:* Registered Survey and Deed of Assignment.

*Size:* 1 acre (6 plots)
*Original Price:* ~3M per acre~
*Promo Price:* 2.4M per acre, outright payment

*Up to 6 months instalment plan available*

For Enquiries, Details, Inspection.
WhatsApp/call me now now on
__09064251486__

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Soulsymbol99: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Xda59:

Bullet speed trains in a country that cannot boast of 24hrs electricity. You don't have a house, you were given a studio apartment so you can have shelter over your head but you rejected it because people are building mansions now. May God deliver you people from this evil spell of hatred for good things.

If only u know how much dis pple hv looted dis country u 4 no talk.why is there no power?even after Obasanjo's govt.spent billions of dollars. The problem might jst be u and i.google wot is happening in mali.God will help us in this land,once we help ourselves.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by rationalhuman(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Agreed this continent need proper electricity, then maybe in next 50 years simple but working cost effective train systems

BTw yes they have many High speed trains, I traveled in them a lot most comfortable and efficient travel of my life, A good airline can not be compared with the comfort you can get in them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Bharat_Express
Attached are the images of their Speed Trains

Also they are making Bullets trains and that will travel under the Sea as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai%E2%80%93Ahmedabad_high-speed_rail_corridor

But as you said they are extremely extremely expensive to make and maintain. Even Australia, UK dont have them as it may break the economical back.

olumide4christ:

India that is 10 times more developed than Nigeria still uses these trains... they don't have a bullet train. Which African country uses bullet train asides Morocco and maybe South Africa?

Like someone said above, you don't have 24 hours continuous electricity, yet you want bullet train that relies solely on electricity to operate.
Bullet train services are the most expensive in the whole wide world...if the govt brings bullet train to Nigeria and only the millionaires and billionaires can pay N50-100k per trip, you will complain that the government only loves the rich and not the masses!

What do Nigerians really want?

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by marvin906(m): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2020
nonxo007:

No matter the cost we can afford it, the money stolen by one person in this country can afford it. Morocco that has it don't have two heads.

you can't afford it..
leave sentiments aside..
Nigeria can't.
do you know how much for one..
how many Nigerians will be able to afford the ticket
do you know the cost of maintenance..

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Soulsymbol99:

It is thoughts like this and people like u that is keeping this country the way it is.if only u know how much dis pple loot,u will nt talk.shebi dem wan bring back toll gates so that poor Nigerians will be the ones paying back loans that was never judiciously used.Oga Google wot us happening in mali.we will get dia sad

And does Mali have a bullet train?

Do you know how much a ticket for a bullet train costs? N50000 at least.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by marvin906(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Soulsymbol99:

how does what I said and that thing you wrote correlate..
I asked if you where told to pay 50k for a bullet train ticket from Lagos to ondo will you pay

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Soulsymbol99: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2020
kikero:

And does Mali have a bullet train?

Do you know how much a ticket for a bullet train costs? N50000 at least.

Does mali hv the money and natural resources abundant in dis land that is been mismanaged?

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Soulsymbol99: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2020
marvin906:

how does what I said and that thing you wrote correlate..
I asked if you where told to pay 50k for a bullet train ticket from Lagos to ondo will you pay

Can everybody afford to reside in places like maitama, ikoyi,banana island? Elon musk is talking abt commercializing space travel.na everybody fit afford am?Dubai natives dont make up to 30percent of all the technology and architectural edifices in that land.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Soulsymbol99:

Does mali hv the money and natural resources abundant in dis land that is been mismanaged?

Even then, we can't afford a bullet train.

Let's start from somewhere.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by AlphaT1(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2020
QuotaSystem:
Well done Rotimi Amaechi and President Buhari.

Visible progress and development.
Locomotive in 2020. There is no hope for this country.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by benzion72(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2020
Se na this old locomotive's they showed for the test drive. it be like say Amechi and PDP wan 419 and yahoo us

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by marvin906(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2020
Soulsymbol99:

Can everybody afford to reside in places like maitama, ikoyi,banana island? Elon musk is talking abt commercializing space travel.na everybody fit afford am?Dubai natives dont make up to 30percent of all the technology and architectural edifices in that land.

dude are you okay..
like seriously are you ok..
if I where to understand your thoughts the government should spend on a liability Even when they know it will lead to wast of resources but should be done anyways so that we can be among people that have bullet trains ..
Jesus Christ...
as rich as India ask them how many bullet train they have..

2 Likes

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by marvin906(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2020
benzion72:
Se na this old locomotive's they showed for the test drive. it be like say Amechi and PDP wan 419 and yahoo us

so this is old
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by RealEzee(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

Ur comments just shows how deluded U are, in the oda thread U said Jonathan collected loans to build railway n even Ur almighty ameachi said d rails were 80% complete hence it was named after Jonathan.

Stop fooling urself on social media for comments n likes n I have always told U a time will come people will see Ur comments n move on.

This is 2020 yet U keep putting all Ur life frustration on someone day left govt for 5 years now, can U bring out d economic indices n compare from with d one of dis present govt?

Can U compare the standard of living of Nigerians now to eat of d previous govt?

U should b ashamed of urself n try to grow up.

Let me ask U a question in Ur so called bbq station if a manager was draining Ur company n U sack him for non performance to employ anoda will.comtinue dragging d former manager for d failure of Ur present hire?

Fuel now is 148.50 n by December it will b close to 200, den I will know if Buhari will.tell U to buy Ur own fuel for 1 naira.

Do U even do trading or buy things from abroad?

Do U have an idea of what d exchange rate is it is over 100% increase now, during d time of Jonathan U so refer to dollar was 200(black market) now dollar is about 440 in d black market, pounds is how much now.

Dat U don't go to d market or trade does not mean everyone is like U?

U can support Ur APC without bringing Jonathan into Ur thrash U call a post.

In dis modern dispensation U celebrate locomotive trains just shows how backward U are.

Fuels is now 148.50 note dat d price of bbq one hot dog is still 500 n two is 900 soon people will spend more on transport such dat no one will patronise Ur bbq
Word!
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by sofiscatedmoron: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2020
olumide4christ:

India that is 10 times more developed than Nigeria still uses these trains... they don't have a bullet train. Which African country uses bullet train asides Morocco and maybe South Africa?

Like someone said above, you don't have 24 hours continuous electricity, yet you want bullet train that relies solely on electricity to operate.
Bullet train services are the most expensive in the whole wide world...if the govt brings bullet train to Nigeria and only the millionaires and billionaires can pay N50-100k per trip, you will complain that the government only loves the rich and not the masses!

What do Nigerians really want?
India is rated 3rd World country just like Nigerian,
Dont bring india here,
Usa is First World country
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2020
olatunji0607:
You want FG to use advance train where your brothers and sisters are selling on rail tracks? Why can't we appreciate little things in Nigeria
Don't Mind Them.
They want Speed TRAIN yet TRADERS carry pant and Bra cover road.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by olawale1516(m): 11:29am On Aug 25, 2020
mikebabs101:
Is that not what they use in UK and other developed countries. How many countries have bullet trains ? So what's your point?
who told you those junks.....

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Jeffyblaq(m): 11:45am On Aug 25, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

Ur comments just shows how deluded U are, in the oda thread U said Jonathan collected loans to build railway n even Ur almighty ameachi said d rails were 80% complete hence it was named after Jonathan.

Stop fooling urself on social media for comments n likes n I have always told U a time will come people will see Ur comments n move on.

This is 2020 yet U keep putting all Ur life frustration on someone dat left govt for almost 5 years now, can U bring out d economic indices den n compare it with d one of dis present govt?

Can U compare the standard of living of Nigerians now to date of d previous govt and tell us which is better?

U should b ashamed of urself n try to grow up.

Let me ask U a question in Ur so called bbq station if a manager was draining Ur company n U sack him for non performance to employ anoda will u continue dragging d former manager for d failure of Ur present hire?

Fuel now is 148.50 n by December it will b close to 200, den I will know if Buhari will.tell U to buy Ur own fuel for 1 naira.

Do U even do trading or buy things from abroad?

Do U have an idea of what d exchange rate is? it is over 100% increase now, during d time of Jonathan U so refer to dollar was 200(black market) now dollar is about 440 in d black market, pounds is how much now.

Dat U don't go to d market or trade does not mean everyone is like U?

U can support Ur APC without bringing Jonathan into Ur thrash U call a post.

In dis modern dispensation U celebrate locomotive trains just shows how backward U are.

Fuels is now 148.50 note dat d price of bbq one hot dog is still 500 n two is 900 soon people will spend more on transport such dat no one will patronise Ur bbq
No matter how hard you try to correct and reason with that old clown on the state of affairs in the country.. He still wouldn't be able to see reasons with you.

Whenever you see his comment, just ignore the bastard if you can..

He's an idiot.

A full fledged idiot!

1 Like

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2020
Countries are turning to electric and this useless country still dey look for charcoal and diesel powered locomotives... Thunder go fire Buhari
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by foreshore(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2020
Xda59:

Where is the economic sense in having such a project (high speed bullet train) in present day Nigeria? How many people do you think can afford the tickets? Have you thought about the maintenance cost against the little revenue that will be generated due to low patronage?

That assertion is not true. The difference in rate is in the class. This same thing we are talking about is what Nigerians embrace when abroad. Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to travel outside Nigeria, then you will understand this.
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by KingGBsky(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2020
Amechi seems to be the only minister sensible enough to work under Buhari.. Where is that lost soul tool of Tinubu...Fashola. Very useless Yoruba man
Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by rationalhuman(m): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Total 45 High speed Trains around 180 kmph and 200 kmph, Few are upcoming (attached image)

One Bullet train Corridor is under construction (operation by mid 2023)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai%E2%80%93Ahmedabad_high-speed_rail_corridor

Two more Bullet train corridor Design and feasibility started.

But in conclusion i am 100% agree with your point. This continent need basic things.
marvin906:

dude are you okay..
like seriously are you ok..
if I where to understand your thoughts the government should spend on a liability Even when they know it will lead to wast of resources but should be done anyways so that we can be among people that have bullet trains ..
Jesus Christ...
as rich as India ask them how many bullet train they have..

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by Biodun556(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alex9999:
Old old train. Nonsense!

Newly acquired locomotive by the US from siemen. Any difference from that of Nigeria

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by olumide4christ: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

India is rated 3rd World country just like Nigerian,
Dont bring india here,
Usa is First World country

Is Nigeria now a 1st world country? Do you want to compare apples with cocoyams, not even oranges?

2 Likes

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by rationalhuman(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
Quality issue
Read How Crumbling Pakistani Railway imported them and now they are worst product.
https://nation.com.pk/09-Feb-2016/fia-to-probe-into-faulty-chinese-locomotives

Shellsploit:
Great development.
But wait, locomotive train. Hope it's not the one that uses chimney grin grin

Who else noticed the 3rd pics shocked shocked

Re: 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) by sofiscatedmoron: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
olumide4christ:

Is Nigeria now a 1st world country? Do you want to compare apples with cocoyams, not even oranges?
Is said india and Nigeria are 3rd world countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rare Picture Of Niger Bridge In Onitsha / Nigerian Man Based In Japan Reveals Why He Has Not Gone Into Crime. Photos / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.