Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) (42693 Views)

Peter Obi Breaks Down In Tears During Press Conference / Peter Obi Mobbed At NBA Conference (Video) / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by wale377(m): 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
How Fani-Kayode ended a press conference abruptly after insulting a journalist in Calabar

Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation, attacked Eyo Charles, a journalist who asked him a question at a press conference in Calabar, Cross River state, last week.

The ex-minister, who began a tour of some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) states in July, visited Cross River last week.

TheCable gathered that at the end of the tour, he held a press conference where he showered encomiums on Ben Ayade, governor of Cross River.

Among the projects he inspected are the superhighway that would stretch from the Atlantic ocean in Bakassi to the boundary of Benue state and the proposed deep sea port.

He reportedly showered encomiums on Ayade and called on the federal government to assist the state which has “lean resources”.

Eyo, a reporter with Daily Trust, had asked the ex-minister if his recent trips were being sponsored and Fani-Kayode flew into a rage shortly after.

Fani-Kayode, who described the reporter as “very stupid”, said he is not a poor man who would beg for funds.

“I am saying this on live TV. What type of stupid question is that? Bankrolling who? Do you know who you are talking to? I will not take any questions from this man,” he said.

“What type of insulting question is that? Which bankroll? To do what? Who can give me money for anything? Who do you think you are talking to? Go and report yourself to your publisher? Please don’t insult me here. I don’t want to take any questions from this man.

“I could see from your face before you got here, how stupid you are. Don’t ever talk to me like that. Who do you think you’re talking to. Bankroll who? You think I am one of those ones you… from who, when, how? You have a small mind, very small mind. Don’t judge me by your own standards.

“I have been in politics since 1990… I have been locked up many times by this government. Suffered. I have been persecuted unlike most of the politicians you follow for brown envelope. Don’t ever judge me by that standard. I spend I don’t take and I am not a poor man — I have never been and I will never be.

“Bankroll how? Don’t ever suggest that to me. I am sorry that was deeply insulting. I don’t often get annoyed in press conference. I have been doing this type of thing for so many years. Don’t you ever make that kind of suggestion to me. Bankroll who? A former minister, a lawyer? Don’t ever try that with me again o, please. You see me well, don’t ever. Try it with others, but with me, don’t! I will hit you hard and if anybody sent you to ask that question and gave you brown envelope, go and tell them that you got more than they bargained for to do it.

“Very rude. It is not the standard of gaining trust at all and I will report you to your publisher. Thank you. Somebody that has been on the road for how long, you are coming to talk about that. Very stupid.”

The ex-minister had asked if there were other questions but he did not entertain any other question before storming out of the hall in anger.

TheCable gathered that despite the attempt of Christian Ita, chief press secretary to Ayade, to pacify Fani-Kayode, he continued raining insults on the reporter outside the hall.

“You can go ahead and write your rubbish. I have marked you,” a journalist who witnessed the incident quoted Fani-Kayode as telling Charles.

In July, the traditional title of “Sadaukin Shinkafi” bestowed on Fani-Kayode during his tour created division in Shinkafi emirate of Zamfara state.

https://www.thecable.ng/how-fani-kayode-ended-a-press-conference-abruptly-after-insulting-a-journalist-in-calabar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hn0_1p_2w
The journalist is the one circled in yellow

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by richard69(m): 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
lol @ "you see your life"

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fani Kayode feeling himself lately grin grin

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Eteka1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ayade is bankrolling you Oga, na why the question pain you wella.

266 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by cpu2006(m): 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Femi Fani KAyode........our Next President. cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Sambaby7640: 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
wale377:
Here is a video of Femi Fani-Kayode seriously blasting a journalist during an interview recently

The former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, recently took a tour of some South South and South East states and as part of his activities, had media briefings with some of the journalists in the state.

However, at the press conference in Calabar, Cross Rivers state, a journalist from Daily Trust asked him if he was being bankrolled by any politician or political group.

The former Minister felt highly insulted by the question and spared no thought as he lashed the journalist in the presence of everyone present at the press briefing.

Source: lindaikeji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hn0_1p_2w
The journalist is the one circled in yellow
This is very wrong.... It's a democratic government and politicians are subject to give answers to questions thrown to them by the press.The Most painful part is when the reporter said sorry sir,Sorry for what?like tf?

This is really sad,the reporter must have felt embarrassed, it's a pity.

Well I'm not surprised,this is Nigeria and anything goes.

Lalasticlala, Myndd44 OAM4J this is front-page worthy abeg

201 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
He could have answered yes or no

Yourba will say

Eni to ba je fufu ni ara n fu

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by IamWonderful: 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
Spirit of IPoB

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by omenka(m): 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Pathetic son of a gun.

Look at the intolerant crackhead who wakes up everyday to insult others.

I've always said it, those whose stock in trade is attacking others can hardly take a pinch of the kilimanjaro they heap on the face of others.

This is the so called advocate for press freedom and freedom of expression who calls the present government a dictatorship. Imagine giving this rogue a chance to govern a state, let alone a country!! See how aggressive and furious he's sounding, all because of a simple question such as this.

This is the same man that was, just yesterday, criticizing the youths for not attempting what was done in Mali. Imagine even an amt attempting to protest bad leadership under the rule of a character like ffk. Imagine that!

Terrible!!

Femi is a devil in human skin- wicked, vindictive, and cunning.

Look at him. Freaking degenerate monster. sad

326 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
These journalists have reduced themselves to pepper sellers grin grin grin grin

Is this an investigative journalism or what

Can they ask Tinubu such question

With all the bullion vans, how many of them have questioned Tinubu

What a shame undecided

117 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by wale377(m): 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lalasticlala see something o
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Chiedu4Trump: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nice one FFK

9 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by dokyOloye: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
IamWonderful:
Spirit of IPoB
Yes ooo.
Fani Kayode just did an Ngige on the fuulish brown envelope journalist grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by jericco1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
You be mumu and you dey call another person mumu, no be juju be that? grin grin

Good for that stupid FFK!

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Movieplug(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Na wa for him oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by wallex1983(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
No matter what, he goofed.

He has no excuse. There are better ways to handle a rude journalist.

The number of people he's been rude to are countless.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Dickson44: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Only in Nigeria...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by explorer250(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
despite your incessant insults on others you can't simply stomach a 'perceived' annoying question? Nigeria politicians are truly hypocrites.

social club management system that I developed for nigeria social clubs.
some of the features include
1. Members can register on the website.
2. The registration of the member will be pending and he can't have access to the website until the admin confirms or rejects his membership.
3.members can send message to each other within the website and update their profile including their pictures.
4. The admin can see each members profile and can alter it.
5.The admin sets monthly dues for club members.
6. When this due is set, the system automatically sends an email message to the email of every registered member stating the month of the monthly due and the amount to be paid.
7. Members can reply the email and it lands at the inbox of the admin.
8.The admin can update the monthly due status of each member that has paid. This will reflect on the dashboard of the member.
9. The admin can see members that has paid and those that have not paid their monthly due.
10.The admin can send email message to each, selected or all members informing or reminding them of meeting dates, club activities etc.
12.At the end of each meeting or month the admin can prepare a word or excel document which shows club expenditure, income etc. The admin can upload this documents for the members to download.
13. The admin can also upload audio recording of meetings for download by members who were not physically present at such meeting.
14. Etc.
Extra features to be added on the next update include: automatic SMS reminder for meetings. Paystack integration for payment of club dues and automatic confirmation of payment and a mobile app
please contact me/WhatsApp 0807 9413 738 so that I can give you the link to the website to see for yourself how everything works

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Discovery4today: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by sharonihemena: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
So much pride and arrogance. Let’s assume the Journalist asked a stupid question as alleged, he eventually apologized. Why the unnecessary show? He kept asking, “Do you know who I am?” Who are you FFK? You’re just a son of a corrupt Politician, who has been spoon fed from the coffers of the Government all his life. You’re nothing special!

139 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by martineverest(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
what would ffk say if it was APC member that made such statement?

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
That was a very wrong outburst. I know journalist tries to crawl under one's skin but there is need to be patient in addressing their questions.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Cryptofxt10: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
What could the popular young pastor have to say about this?.. Righteousness

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by lessonotes(f): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK please be calming down. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
hahaha.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
I still want to know the question the journalist asked him

martineverest:
he asked if his tour was sponsored by the governor

Oook. Thank you but that question was somehow insultive. Why will he ask a former minister such stupid question

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by dayleke: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
He could have done better than that.
The way he reacted even makes it seem as if he's got stuffs to hide.

In saner climes, he could have just rebuffed the question or just plead d fifth.

Why you calling someone "stupid"?

Only in naija sha.
And you dey hear "sorry sir" left n right.

SMDH

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) by ForeThinker: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'APC Caught Sharing Money To Yoruba Traditional Rulers In Aso Rock' - May Ubeku / Emmanuel Ugochukwu: APGA, ADC, AD And UPP Candidates Step Down For PDP In Lagos / Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.