Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode (602 Views)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment / I Won’t Apologise For Opposing Fulani Profiling - Bala Mohammed / South-East Governors Won’t Apologise To IPOB – Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by PMBNG(m): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Aviation Minister, says he will not apologise for insulting a journalist in Calabar, Cross State capital.

Mr Fani-Kayode, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had visited the state and spent a week touring project sites in the state. At the end of the tour, he held a press conference where he praised Cross River governor, Ben Ayade, for doing much despite the lean resources accruing to the state.

As the press briefing was about coming to an end, the last question asked by a journalist from a national daily who inquired to know the source of his tour expenditures nationwide angered the former minister who then insulted the inquisitive questioner as being “very stupid.”

Defending his outburst, the PDP chieftain, who has toured several states of the federation, said although the journalist apologised which he has accepted, the question was been sponsored by his critics who used the journalist in a bid to embarrass him.

In a Tuesday statement, Fani-Kayode described the question as insulting on his personality and he has no apology to offer for his reaction while pledging his continuous respect for media practitioners.

Sharing a video clip of the outburst on social media, he said, “I have no apology to offer for it.”

“Those of them that know me or worked with or for me over the last 30 years can attest to that. However there is a distinction between asking a question & offering an insult,” his statement partly read.

“This is all the more so when it is clear that the assertion was sponsored and engineered by my political enemies who wanted to use the young man to insult and embarrass me and question my integrity. Well they got more than they bargained for.

“I repeat this was not a question but an assertion and an gratuitous insult and I will not accept that from any man born of woman. Thank you,” he added.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/i-wont-apologise-for-insulting-a-journalist-in-calabar-fani-kayode/
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by babyfaceafrica: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Uselessness redefined
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by PMBNG(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
Clap for yourself!
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by Charmingrascal(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
We know you won't apologize, reason why Mr Jollof said their is madness in your blood.

I can't imagine the barrage of insults and media trial that's would have come from this dunderhead if it was an APC person that bullied a journalist in that manner

Uncouth mothersucker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by Baawaa(m): 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
Pride goes before destruction, FFK you are nobody

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by wallex1983(m): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
Chief Insulting Officer

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by Lamasta(m): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
As far as politicians are concerned if you don't support them then you are an opposition there is nothing like been neutral in their dictionary...

FFK abeg calm down
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
Of course you won't. Na 9ja we dey like this.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by Nadaken: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
Emperor

You don't need to, karma would get to you when you open you loose mouth in no time.

Na you redicule the young man, na you he still apologize to but your crackhead is too big to apologise

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by densiks: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK is a bloody clown.

Is he the one to determine which questions a trained journalist should ask him?

I am appalled that the journalist issued an apology therefore cowing to the man that asks others questions they wouldn’t like to answer as well.

That was an opportunity for him to explain to his mostly docile fans what kind of job he’s doing that can find his useless trips to inspect projects he knows nothing about.
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by Vyzz: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
cool
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by samuelson06(m): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
FFK is lousy. I don't see anything wrong in what that guy asked him but he decided to make it look like the guy was insulting him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by fergie001: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
When you hear "political enemies", you will think he is a Governor or President.

grin grin grin grin grin grin....ffk sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by omenka(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
You don't need to.

You've done well to confirm what some of us have always suspected of your character. If given a chance at leadership, youd be the vilest and most vindictive dictator the world's ever seen.

Shey na this one wey no fit tolerate simple question want us to remove sitting government from power.

I pity anyone still thinking you're an activist of democracy. You're worse than all those you accuse of wrongdoing.

Bloody monster.
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by EMMY76: 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't see anything wrong in that question. In what capacity is ffk touring states in SS and SE is it as a federal govt official, an investor or a media personality?
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by adekolaelect(m): 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fanis stupidity has been exposed .why are you like this? For this your response you will be a baddest dictator if giving an opportunity to be in the elm of affairs.
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by jlinkd78(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Following
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by LibertyRep: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ok Mr. Ex Minister.

Can you now tell us who's sponsoring your trip?
Re: I Won’t Apologise For Insulting A Journalist In Calabar – Fani-kayode by BREYZ: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
That question wasn't reasonable at all and you all in this thread should stop supporting a senseless question that's uncalled for.

Why will this young journalist be dragging journalism to the mould with such a question. There are lots of questions a journalist should ask these period and not this. Can he go and ask your first lady why she is on international trip to the herself in a foreign hospital while there is lockdown of international flights? Why can't her husband work on our hospitals instead he prefer running to foreign hospitals? Of course not, there are things that are becoming embarrassing in this nation and we all should stand up against it and not unreasonable issues.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Allegedly Arrests Jay Israel For Blackmailing Him / Obiano Allegedly Sets To Sanction Monarchs Who Attended Anambra Progressive Hosp / Drama As Salami Orders Security Agents To Walk Out Magu’s Lawyers From Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.