Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa (48689 Views)

10 Phones With 5000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria / 6 Latest Nokia Android Phones With Prices And Specification / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by majamajic(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
I noticed it

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by TreasureTayo(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
hh
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by hallysonia(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by austine4real(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
grin

No wonder I dey see different apps wey I download for my fone
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
God bless you lala
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by martineverest(m): 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
jericco1:
Thank God I don't use Tecno. Very soon I'll stop using Chinese branded devices altogetherundecided undecided
that's why Americans don't buy Chinese tech

8 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by michealdeco: 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
amosgaladima:
Meet nairaland.com the first Nigerian blog to scam Nigerians
rule no 2 broken into pieces lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by jericco1(m): 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
martineverest:
that's why Americans don't buy Chinese tech

As in eh!! Those guys are spymasters

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Razy75g: 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
News for Tecno users
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by michealdeco: 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Na people wey rich suppose de vex, as i poor like this which info them wan steal from my broke ass ....... Make i de manage my Nokia 110 jare

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by omoadeleye(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
garugaru:
Xiaomi is very much guilty of this shît, they took close to 5h from me every time I change my sim something would just pop up and next thing I know 50 naira gone (a service to verify mi message I think) i had to disable some system app from getting sms permission

.then stop changing sim, it's just a one time service cost per sim, for activation of mi message in order to send messages with no charges to other mi message users

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by nedekid: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Noticed on my two daughter's tecno w2 phones bought months apart pop up ad called aiboo.com will come up and open other unsolicited pages. Before you know the phones will hang because it would open over 20 pages.
I installed anti virus, no way. I formatted the phones clean, once the phone sniffed internet aiboo was up again!
I finally had to get rid of them and got Huawei Y7 prime. Very correct phone.
From this news, it is abvious aiboo.Com or what ever was causing this must have been pre installed in the hardware.

11 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by King44(m): 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Finally a topic has been opened on this fairly used phone I have been using and it is from China. It has a malware and I can't remove it cos the instruction I could follow to have it removed is written in Mandarin

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Na wa ooo......i no get money for iphone o.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by garugaru: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
omoadeleye:

.then stop changing sim, it's just a one time service cost per sim, for activation of mi message in order to send messages with no charges to other mi message users
what kind of a defence is this? Why should I be afraid of changing sim on my own phone that I bought close to 100k. Xiaomi makes good products for good price but then there are other ways they make we the customers pay at the end of the day. I won't even be surprised if xaiomi is secretly collecting our data

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by SmartPolician: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Drabeey:

By now we should know that China is heading for the next world power, just a matter of time they will have that power. For a long time the western countries have dominated the world.

Africa is the dinner table, its China time to feed, feed well on Africa China.

I have been hearing this since I started listening to foreign news in 2002

Huncle, the US is wide awake

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Kingspin(m): 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
I have vowed not to use China-made phone.

Rather use Nokia instead of

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by apache4: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Igbi-Etiti my secondary days around there

SSS

Precisely

martineverest:
this shouldn't be a
surprise na....ALL Chinese phones come with spyware and malwares
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Bahamas95(m): 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
techmo:
Shitty techno must be there
techmo criticizing his brother techno...........

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by seanwilliam(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
omoadeleye:

some times u should not be talking in public.... which kind defence point is that? if youre into politics then your constituency don enter one chance.... to be honest, if u dont have anything to say next time please shut up.. no dey embarass yourself ro

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by infogeneral: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Trust nothing from China.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by shegzhkn: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Drabeey:
By now we should know that China is heading for the next world power, just a matter of time they will have that power. For a long time the western countries have dominated the world.

Africa is the dinner table, its China time to feed, feed well on Africa China.

China will forever be playing catch up with USA in everything tech.

10 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by lucianohase(m): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Propaganda!
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by ehinmowo: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
After I updated my Tecno Spark to the lastest OS, ads continually pop up on my screen. Tecno is showing me ads directly on my screen. Making money from my own property without my consent.

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Mccullum: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Though Chinese smart phones manufacturing companies may be guilty of the allegations. Is Google not spying on the whole world? Because it came from US no one bother of that threat to their privacy...

All are the same, it'll be better for Africa to think on how to become manufacturing continent, not buyers of every finished products.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by intruder15(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
MsAllison:
not lie
you'll get a phone
it'll popping up ads like crazy
downloading and installing strange apps and woe betide you if you load airtime it'll be sending sms till your airtime finish.
if you don't know how to root then you're stucked

i can never leave Samsung again even though stock android is the best but I love one UI 2.0

Which phone did the bolded part?
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by MsAllison(f): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
intruder15:

Which phone did the bolded part?
gionee is guilty of this

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Reference(m): 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
No wonder when I type 'Rotimi Amaechi' I lose 100MB. If I add 'trains' I lose 1,000MB and of course if I want to exhaust my data immediately I simply type: 'Rotimi Amaechi - Journey by train to debt captivity'.... works like magic...

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Omeizadean(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
What the FUCCK is wrong with the Op?

Why are u blaming China when Slot is there to blame?
Have u forgot how slot Ceo and his Igbo brethren brags about owning tecno and infinix not too long ago?
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
I'll rep Samsung till I die. There is no greater peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
I believe this totally. I work for a US research institute and they have ordered every staff to stop using move phones by Chinese telecoms companies.
There's v something fishy going on with those Chinese

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by intruder15(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
MsAllison:
gionee is guilty of this

I have used a Gionee that is made for China and I didn't experience such. I have friends that have used the M4 and M6 series but didn't experience same. So if u have used one that you experienced such, I will appreciate if you state it here so people will be mindful of the phones they buy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Mobile Network Provider Currently Offers More Data Vol At A Cheaper Price? / Anyone Can Withdraw Money Without Knowing Your ATM PIN / The Isaiah4vs19 Message From MTN: When You Finally Catch The Guy Behind It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.