Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa (48642 Views)

10 Phones With 5000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria / Phones With Impressive Specs In 2018 / 6 Latest Nokia Android Phones With Prices And Specification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Playzer: 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Flytime:
you messed up there
I mean iPhone doesn't deduct for SIM activation..... Samsung doesn't, Nokia doesn't, pixel doesn't in fact xiaomi is the only smartphone brand I know that does that and it doesn't make it the most secured.
iphone actually does when you activate iMessage
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by chukxie(m): 12:02am On Aug 26, 2020
This is no news. Every phone manufacturer does the same shit from Apple, Samsung, Huawei... they all pack unsuspecting malware into their devices. The thing though is that China appears to be taking the whole malware thing one notch up. Was it not too long ago China was alleged to have bugged the African Union HQ it funded and built in Ethiopia? Truth is, the US, Britain, France...all do the same thing. Question is, what is Africa doing to protect the data and privacy of its people from the subtle tech war going on between the West and China?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by amanikondo: 12:18am On Aug 26, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Chinese people will produce something at a relatively cheap price for you, then go ahead to clone your products only to come and be dragging prospective customers with you by offering the same products at a comparatively lesser selling price to the one you are offering which they created for you in the first place cheesy

Those people business practices is anyhow cheesy
They did this to my product on Amazon. Imagine my supplier price kon cheap pass my own. Crazy people.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Flytime: 12:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Playzer:
iphone actually does when you activate iMessage
no one uses that in Nigeria plus it’s just a one time fee
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by paltielx: 12:39am On Aug 26, 2020
Thanks God this has come to light, i have been warning my friends to stay away from any mobile device china, be it social media app or any other app. And so i recommend NOKIA for all Africans and beyond. Good night all

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by gnykelly(m): 1:33am On Aug 26, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Chinese people will produce something at a relatively cheap price for you, then go ahead to clone your products only to come and be dragging prospective customers with you by offering the same products at a comparatively lesser selling price to the one you are offering which they created for you in the first place cheesy

Those people business practices is anyhow cheesy

they're all the same. the Americans don't have to install theirs from source. they have the PRISM program to access your phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Sergioaguero: 1:59am On Aug 26, 2020
I moticed this on my infinix hot 6. I subscribed in 3 hours time my data finish, I subscribe again data finish. I suspected foul play. I check my data consumotion and foumd out the the follow come app, phoenix browser yhey perform operation wey i no send dem. It believe otvwas using my data for stealing info feom my phone. I disabled the app cos u cant uninstall. Now my data last long. If your data subscription dont last check na dem dey use ur data wey you pay for.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Telvin7(m): 2:11am On Aug 26, 2020
China or no China

I go still test oneplus phones .

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Maliqcious: 2:52am On Aug 26, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
You see why i will always recommend Samsung, iPhone and Nokia anyday anytime twice on Tuesday
and sony too

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by OyinO: 3:05am On Aug 26, 2020
nedekid:
Noticed on my two daughter's tecno w2 phones bought months apart pop up ad called aiboo.com will come up and open other unsolicited pages. Before you know the phones will hang because it would open over 20 pages.
I installed anti virus, no way. I formatted the phones clean, once the phone sniffed internet aiboo was up again!
I finally had to get rid of them and got Huawei Y7 prime. Very correct phone.
From this news, it is abvious aiboo.Com or what ever was causing this must have been pre installed in the hardware.

Couldn't stop laughing. You're very funny dude

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by OyinO: 3:13am On Aug 26, 2020
Does this include Oppo phones?
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by invectives(m): 3:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Na wao...what has lil white Obj not seen

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by nedekid: 3:45am On Aug 26, 2020
shegzhkn:

China will forever be playing catch up with USA in everything tech.
Dont think so. China is spending more money on research and development to close the tech gap. Infact in lots of areas China has supposed the US. Eg telecoms. China has like 24k against the US 8k patent registration.
Check out world patent registration 2019 China leads the world in New patent registration.
That is why the US is acting like a bully using sanctions on Chinese tech companies to slow them down. If the US loses the high tech industry to china, they have nothing else except defense industry of which China is also catching up making arms at quarter cheaper price than US.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/256845/ranking-of-the-10-countries-who-filed-the-most-international-patent-applications/

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Playzer: 3:50am On Aug 26, 2020
Flytime:
no one uses that in Nigeria plus it’s just a one time fee
says who? I don’t about you or others but I do use it with a couple of friends and my family hence I know about it
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by xanaxattacc12: 4:01am On Aug 26, 2020
This is a wake up call to all Nigerians. People don't love us yet we patronize their items. In the world's largest black country, we have the ability to create and manufacture items that will be of great benefit to our countrymen and women. Take Nord motors for example, if we can be able to create moto on Nigerian soil , why can't we do the same with phones and other objects as well. We will be buying phones and materials from people with intentions to destroy us.

Anyways sha......God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria wink[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by blowjohn(m): 4:53am On Aug 26, 2020
But u people hear that trump is banning china phones and apps u will start bashing china.

Even if other countries including the United states does the same thing, u cannot tell me that china own looks so sinister.
I'd rather have America be nt friend than china.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by gsmcoder: 4:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Bought a p2p tiny wifi camera in chinamall dubai, the fact that dns and portwarding is not required made me curious.

I dumped the whole camera firmware via jtag and was amazed how the chinese could do that. Millions around the world own such cameras at home.

Simply install the camera app and use. The chinese created a hidden admin login embedded in the firmware, a backdoor. This means your videos
are routed direct to a chinese server, recorded or even viewed live without your consent. Your created login credentials are saved in plain text without any form of encryption and the app is in constant sync with the server. nawao for chinco ooo

Fear those guys.
Nothing new that most chinese phones has stealth malwares preinstalled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by SideInkom: 5:03am On Aug 26, 2020
Chinko
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by anonimi: 5:21am On Aug 26, 2020
chukxie:
This is no news. Every phone manufacturer does the same shit from Apple, Samsung, Huawei... they all pack unsuspecting malware into their devices. The thing though is that China appears to be taking the whole malware thing one notch up. Was it not too long ago China was alleged to have bugged the African Union HQ it funded and built in Ethiopia? Truth is, the US, Britain, France...all do the same thing. Question is, what is Africa doing to protect the data and privacy of its people from the subtle tech war going on between the West and China?

We have to get more serious with how we use our time and money.
Less on praying and partying and more on education, work and research.
No shortcuts.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10361164_1033901810336433img20191004041548418jpeg435cd3b10ba19bfb9b4cbccff3161502jpegjpeg792f8ce800c8f66e02a13de8400ac442_jpeg_jpegcec0292305ef0abda125070dc6a2343f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Openbusiness: 5:49am On Aug 26, 2020
The one wey shock me is the one they are doing now manipulating phone specs. In computer village many of those Chinese phones, if you check the settings it will say 3G, 4G RAM etc but the actual RAM will be 1GB or less or they phone storage settings will say 32 or 64GB but the actual figures will be 16GB or less. They have pre-programmed the handset to display the wrong or inaccurate specs deliberately. Worst is that many of those phones seller for computer village know about this but are conniving to scam their fellow countrymen. Nawa for this country. That's why many people will buy 64GB phone, installed few apps and save few content, and before you know it, no space to save anything again. It's because the pre-programmed phone settings specs na scam. Same thing with processor speed.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Buzx: 5:50am On Aug 26, 2020
garugaru:
Xiaomi is very much guilty of this shît, they took close to 5h from me, every time I change my sim something would just pop up and next thing I know 50 naira gone (a service to verify mi message I think) i had to disable some system app from getting sms permission

Turn off find device setting.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 26, 2020
And I am using this useless phone. These people self. So this is why they go to great lengths to prevent us from rooting our phones, no worries na to buy Lenovo root am, such rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Buzx: 5:54am On Aug 26, 2020
imthealpha:

I'm currently facing the same issue, 50N gets deducted from my SIM every week, I had to stop recharging the SIM(first SIM slot) and started using the second slot. How did you stop it??

Go to settings. Search 'Find device' Turn it off. It's a security feature.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
You see why i will always recommend Samsung, iPhone and Nokia anyday anytime twice on Tuesday
They are all the same man. Any phone that can't be rooted is suspicious, simple and short, always buy editable phones.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Emmanuelolu1000: 6:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Hmmmm. Design your business logo for 2000naira. If interested, check my signature. Thank you!
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by impeccablephili: 6:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Igbonekwuokigwe:
Bye
so 1915 - 2020 equals to 85 SMH
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by MrSensor(m): 6:15am On Aug 26, 2020
Igbonekwuokigwe:
Bye
do your mathematics very well. She was 105 years old.but she doesn't look like 105 yrs old.

Correction: Born :1935
Dead :2020
Aged :85 years old
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by bigdot1759(m): 6:29am On Aug 26, 2020
U people should stop all these Criticism against Chinese product, I'm curently using Lg g4 &I'm experiencing same issue, but I have this problem from my Main balance not bonus balance, also its happened ONLY when I change SIM card ( remove one & insert another with balance above #30). So tell me is LG a CHINESE PHONE MQKER AS WELL?
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Thought you said you prefer China over dumb overrated USA anytime any day anytime twice one a Tuesday night

That's when he smoke weed
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 26, 2020
That why US banned phones like huawei and other chinko brands cos of imbedded malware.

These imbedded apps read your personal data and upload them to servers, costing you data and airtime.

Android 5.1 versions of phones like coolpad are not rootable even when you succeed to root some of them the process is reversed by the phone itself.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by thesolutions(m): 6:53am On Aug 26, 2020
Igbonekwuokigwe:
Bye
Even in death, women still lie about their age. cheesy cheesy cheesy

It must be and error from the graphics artist though.
Re: Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa by Psoul(m): 6:53am On Aug 26, 2020
These are the kind of human beings people have bn clapping for and casting America that China has taken over the World Power.
Just don't pray that China takes over the supreme position of America in the World Power tussle. If that happens, China will just unilaterally handle the world they way that will suite only them. Avery country will be like a slave to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anyone Can Withdraw Money Without Knowing Your ATM PIN / Infinix Launches Infinix Hot 4 And Now Selling At Cheap Rate / How Can I Detect Private Number When Some1 Use It To Flash Me.pls Help Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.