Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

5 Steps To Hear The Holy Spirit Expressly And The Different Ways He Communicates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Steps To Hear The Holy Spirit Expressly And The Different Ways He Communicates (425 Views)

GOD Expressly Warned Me About Politics And Told Me To Warn Others. / I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Hear The Holy Spirit Expressly And The Different Ways He Communicates by Annomale(f): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2020
As a Christian, it is of utmost importance to hear the Holy Spirit at all times and as a lifestyle. These 5 steps to hear the Holy Spirit expressly will show you in simple details how you can learn this.

Hearing the Holy Spirit will help you know what will happen if you make certain decisions. I am sure we all know that we are what and where we are today because of yesterday`s decision. Now let`s run through the various steps that will help us hear the Holy Spirit and expressly too.

#1. We can Hear the Holy Spirit Expressly through the Study and Practice of God`s Word
Constant study and practice of God`s word is a sure way to Hear the Holy Spirit expressly. Remember what Jesus said in John 10: 27 “My Sheep hear my voice and they follow me”. If we do not study his word, how can we know his words and correctly make the best decision. We must note that the devil also studies the bible so he can manipulate believers who do not.

The bible says Satan poses as an angel of light 2 Cor 11: 14. You see that we must study God`s word and understand it so that we can tell whose voice it is. Whether it is the Holy Spirit`s voice, our voice or Satan’s. God`s voice will always agree with his word 2 Timothy 2: 15. A good example is Jesus` temptation in the wilderness in the book of Matthew 4: 1 – 11. Our Salvation would have been impossible if Jesus did not have God`s exact word in his heart.

#2. Listening in Prayer
Prayer is meant to be a two-way communication, sadly, a lot of churches and Christians have turned it one-way. We no longer spend time in praying that is if we remember to pray at all. The church needs to place her priorities right in this regard. We should not be so busy that we forget how to pray aright.

After thanksgiving and request making during prayers, we are supposed to allow a period of silence where God speaks back to us. This could be in form of a person`s name or thought that God places in our heart to pray for. It could also be bursting forth into prophecies, speaking in tongues or singing. But there is always an instruction. Using a prayer journal or keeping a pen and paper handy will help you keep track of these instructions and not forget them. This also shows that you are expecting to be instructed and God is always moved by faith.

Some Ways through which the Holy Spirit Communicates to us

1. The still small voice or the inner witness: Romans 9 : 1, This is often characterized by an instant illumination about something. Some may call it Rhema. It is usually clear and vivid and easy to detect that this revelation comes from the Holy Spirit and no where else. For example, when you instantly get an answer to a rather difficult question. Sometimes, a small voice telling you to move away from a spot, and when you do, a heavy object drops on that very spot.

2. The Nudge: Some Christians call this the leading. A clear example is the story of Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8 :26-40. Please endeavor to read these verses for better understanding. When you read these verses, you will see that nudges most times comes in parts, when you obey the first nudge, you get the second and so on. It is often perceived as a strong urge to do something or move to a certain direction.

3. Prompt: In my life, I have had series of this type of communication from the Holy Spirit. One vivid example was one night, I had a strong feeling to go into my kitchen as I was boiling water in a large kettle the previous evening before I went to bed. Because I was very sure that I switched off the hot plate on the gas cooker which I was using, I ignored these prompts. By early morning when I got to the kitchen, I was greeted by a melting heat. The large kettle has dried up and turned brown since it burned all night long. God truly saves!
Continue Reading.......https://annomale.com/5-steps-to-hear-the-holy-spirit-expressly/

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Hear The Holy Spirit Expressly And The Different Ways He Communicates by dollytino4real(f): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
thanks for dis spiritual teaching, how will I speak in tongues is my challenge

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Hear The Holy Spirit Expressly And The Different Ways He Communicates by JourneytoEL(f): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
dollytino4real:
thanks for dis spiritual teaching, how will I speak in tongues is my challenge
pray to God that you want to be filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking on tongues. Luke 11:13, says, If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask.
Also, your intention has to be pure and about fulfilling the will of God. If you want it just to brag to your pals then it won't happen, but if you genuinely want it because you wish to enter that deeper communion with him then it will happen. A second tip I read somewhere, just the same way a baby who is trying to talk starts by blabbing with confidence, so should a believer who wishes to speak in tongues can start as lead with time you will be surprised how the Holy Spirit will take over.
Re: 5 Steps To Hear The Holy Spirit Expressly And The Different Ways He Communicates by dollytino4real(f): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
JourneytoEL:
pray to God that you want to be filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking on tongues. Luke 11:13, says, If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask.
Also, your intention has to be pure and about fulfilling the will of God. If you want it just to brag to your pals then it won't happen, but if you genuinely want it because you wish to enter that deeper communion with him then it will happen. A second tip I read somewhere, just the same way a baby who is trying to talk starts by blabbing with confidence, so should a believer who wishes to speak in tongues can start as lead with time you will be surprised how the Holy Spirit will take over.
ok thanks,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian Folks Pls Interprete / BREAKING : LGBT Activists Threaten To Burn Down Church, Attack Pastor Over Fb / ‘ Another Lockdown Looms Except We Pray’ – Nigerian Prophet Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.