Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? (4791 Views)

Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by LoveKing(m): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2011
Remember abrahams maid who commited fornication with him. Now why did God overlook this and didnt punish Abraham for this? Secondly why did God hint on killing of Uriah by David and not more on the fornication?
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2011
Because the bible is fiction written by men to enslave the ignorant fools!
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2011
Romans 9:15

For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by LoveKing(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2011
2buff:

Romans 9:15

For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Oh! thats why right? So even as an holy person, all your works are in vain, coz God may or may not have compassion on you. So you agree Abraham fornicated right?
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by bright007(f): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2011
you guys should use your head properly.Abraham did not commit fornication,he met his maid on his wife consent and peope around were aware of it.he did it openly so get dat into ur head
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Image123(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2011
Even Abraham and David knew themselves that they had sinned, so its most inconsequential if some fingers decide today to type some cogic about them.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
As a holy person(sanctification) as you put it, and through the blood of Jesus, God can't but have compassion on you as you would be walking in obedience to him.

The bible will also tell you, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for Righteousness". This he proved by works, for he was about to sacrifice the only son he had in old age at God's request. Such shows of faith please God, and so seeing this in him, God chose to have compassion on him.

Also like someone else mentioned, that particular event with Haggai was surrogacy as pushed by his wife, not an act done under guilt and shame (the trademark feeling of all sin, unless one's conscience is already dead).
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Joagbaje(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2011
Abraham didn't commit fornication, he had permission of his wife.As a matter of fact he did it for her. In their culture those ,days, someone can give birth child on behalf of another person , either male or female.

Genesis 16:2
2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai. 

Jacobs wives did thesame.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Image123(m): 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2011
And David probably had the permission of errr, himself?
James 3v17?
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by KunleOshob(m): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2011
The truth is that the biblical definition of fornication is different from the mordern day version. Biblically speaking Abraham did not commit fornication or even adultery.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by LoveKing(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2011
Joe cec, what did he do precisely if not fornication.
Uncle kunle, then theres a need to do away with jewish old testament since its not the same as modern life right?
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by KunleOshob(m): 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2011
^^^
I don't depend on the old testament for doctrine, however fornication is also frequently preached against in the new testament.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by JayFK(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2011
In other words I'm free to participate in Orgies and threesomes as long as I have the permission of my wife and God will be unperturbed. This is good news
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2011
The whole world is suffering the consequence of Abraham's attempt to help God today.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by thehomer: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The whole world is suffering the consequence of Abraham's attempt to help God today.

The whole world is suffering the consequence of God's attempt to help Abraham today.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by jpworld(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2011
I pity Christians for believing the bible story. Most of the things that happen in the bible, happen in Israel.

Adam & Eve, was the 1st man, what is their location, when they first came to this world?= Israel

Abraham, Isaac, Joshua, all this people God talks with from heaven, where is their location?=Israel

Jesus was born. Where is his location?=Israel. Everything is just Israel, Why not Nigeria?

The bible remain a scam.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Sweetnecta: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^^^ sick people. You people have no understanding.

How did Adam become the husband of his mate, except that God permitted it, in legal Marriage?

How can Sarah be the one that permitted act of lewdness, except that in reality Abraham was married to a second wife, Hagar? My proof is that the same Abraham took another wife, after this, too.

Considering that Hagar was a princess from Egypt, how can a princess be given out as a maid to mere nobility? Can a princess from the house of Oni of Ife [his own daughter] be given by Oba Sijuade to the wife of Bill Gate as a maid? You people are not thinking at all. And Melinda Gate says to Bill, sleep with her without her consent? Is this moral, even in today's immoral world? Now, consider that this is happening in the house of the father of faith, is from the sickest of mind [Olaadegbu and his jewish masters and christian cohorts].

Friend of God, God Almighty called Abraham. All of us accept this title on Abraham.

Shall God then allow him to have illegal sex in order to have a child, when God Almighty could easily prevent this act of filth and make his legal wife, if Hagar was not a legal wife, too, pregnant? Didnt God do just that, at the end?

The reality is that the Jews, in their hatred of anything not Isaac hated their father's great Uncle [they also hated their uncle Esau and his children], Ishmael who they said their god said he will be a killer {He never killed anyone. Ever}. They said greatness will come from him. Some sick mind will argue the fulfillment is the Oil {lol}, forgetting that Nigeria has oil, too. Japan is great without oil. So is American without working the oil field to death. Jews have eliminated the spiritual greatness from anyone, including the larger house of Abraham, even though Jesus stated that the spirit that testified that Jesus is the Messiah [definitely this must be after Jesus said it and not before; so who testified that Jesus was the Messiah? Anyone except Muhammad {AS}?], is a prophet form God.

My spirituality is quite inferior to that of Abraham. Yet I will not sleep with a woman who is not my wife. And I have not seen a decent wife, even lacking spirituality that will tell her husband to get the house girl pregnant. Hand maid as you people said, is nothing more than the house girl of today.

How about the opinion of the house girl? What if she is not interested in having a young master sleeping with her? Imagine a very old master; what a resistance she will put up, except if her father, by her obedience to her father who she trusted to have her best at heart will allow such a thing to happen. In this case the father is not available, except that we know that he was God conscious, giving his daughter out freely. No wealthy father will give his daughter out freely to slavery, but for marriage.

In this case, a king will not give his daughter out as a maid, slave, house girl to those people who came to his land to seek comfort from the abundance of this very kingdom.

The reality is that Abraham married Hagar and it was their union that produced the child that could ever be called child of the covenant, circumcised at the same time with the father, the first child, first son, the only child, definitely the child that was brought up for sacrifice. Shall Sarah leave Isaac whose birth was 13 years later than Ishmael alone in the care of old man Abraham that he could stow away to the place of sacrifice? Are men the primary caretakers of their children, especially when the mother is younger, while father is the one that goes out to provide bread?

We read in the Quran that Ibrahim [AS] dreamed and told his son Ismail {AS} about his slaughtering him. That son said that his father should do as he had been commanded in his dream[s] which occurred more than once, and the father shall find him, by the Will of God a cooperating [patient, forbearing, persevering] son on this matter of slaughter. The even is part of the rites of Islamic Hajj. And there is no son born to a muslim parent in any part of the world that the parent does not wish him circumcised [are each of you circumcised for this covenant of Abraham, oh non muslims?].

If any child was to be abused, it is the child that has the weaker or weakest resources of support. In the case of Abraham, it would have been Ishmael because of his mother, versus the more influential Sarah, who was even bold enough to force God {according to the Bible} to command Abraham to get rid of his first son and his mother [I dont wanna go to the ridiculous description in the Bible of how a son who is at least 13 years old could be carried on the shoulders by a 100 year old father to any significant distance, since Isaac was born before after Ishmael!], the act of human sacrifice is at least in the sight of the one to be slaughtered an attempt to abuse him by the one who is carrying out the slaughter [Maybe this is why Jesus yelled out on the cross, amounting to saying 'hey. if you are forsaking me, you are abusing me by allowing people to abuse me [lo]].

The Jews and the christians dont mark this event, while the Muslim do, though the Jews mark, the mere defeat of the Assyrians by the Macabees! Talk about displaced priority, if they are sincere. The fact of the matter is that Isaac was not the sacrificial son. If he were Muslims would have gladly said so, while the manner of hajj would have included whatever it would have been.

The Bible says that God punished Adam and Eve for a single transgression. That punishment is even transferred to all their progeny; Mankind without any exception, though they say some people were "sinless", yet shamelessly condemn innocent child who died moment after birth.

So if this Biblical God is metering the punishment for sins, and dont forgive unless He punishes, illegal sex of Abraham must be punished, too. If there is no punishment for it, or an attempt to do so, or even a mention of it by God, we must therefore not say that he didnt marry her as a legal wife. The taking of wife was not depending on the agreement of Sarah, at all since the last wife of Abraham was not based on the acceptance of Sarah. The Jews bringing their own thoughts to the matter that God already decided, following all legal marriage procedures is deceptive, at least. We know that the Biblical God was intending to kill Moses for what he did, even though he was on his way to deliver the message of God to Pharaoh. If God of the Bible had been success [a failure shows that this type of God is not the real God, unless the Bible writers have been lying all along, making God an imperfect being] in killing Moses, who would have delivered the Mosaic message to Pharaoh, when we know that in Islam God says that every Messenger, prophet is supported [not waylaid] by God on his mission?

Abraham was not punished, even though sandwiched between Adam and Moses, David, Solomon who were clearly punished by Biblical God. Imagine Jesus who made a statement clearly opposing affirmation of Just God is not punished by God [my God my God why has thou forsaken me?], while Adam and Eve repented, and Moses clearly delivered his message to Pharaoh, and Jesus declared his mission completed at the dinner table long before crucifixion/crucifiction.

Where is the morality when God will absorb some people, yet severely punish other for the same sin? Were the son and grandson of Noah who say his unclothedness, daughters of Lot who raped him in the state of drunkenness get punished, though Cain the son of Adam was punished?

The spirit of truth which is the prophet of God who said Jesus was the Messiah is the one final Prophet to follow, today. He will lead you to all truth, He is from the house of Abraham, too. We already know that the Jews and christians lied on God, on His Messengers and prophets. You now need to mend your ways, people.
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by seyibrown(f): 2:05am On Feb 21, 2011
This same LoveKing who is teaching that CHRISTIANS SHOULD self-service AND WHOSE SIGNATURE LINKS TO AN ADULT SITE! LOL! grin
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by LoveKing(m): 5:31am On Feb 21, 2011
@seyibrown
and so what?
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by vedaxcool(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^ sick people. You people have no understanding.

How did Adam become the husband of his mate, except that God permitted it, in legal Marriage?

How can Sarah be the one that permitted act of lewdness, except that in reality Abraham was married to a second wife, Hagar? My proof is that the same Abraham took another wife, after this, too.

Considering that Hagar was a princess from Egypt, how can a princess be given out as a maid to mere nobility? Can a princess from the house of Oni of Ife [his own daughter] be given by Oba Sijuade to the wife of Bill Gate as a maid? You people are not thinking at all. And Melinda Gate says to Bill, sleep with her without her consent? Is this moral, even in today's immoral world? Now, consider that this is happening in the house of the father of faith, is from the sickest of mind [Olaadegbu and his jewish masters and christian cohorts].

Friend of God, God Almighty called Abraham. All of us accept this title on Abraham.

Shall God then allow him to have illegal sex in order to have a child, when God Almighty could easily prevent this act of filth and make his legal wife, if Hagar was not a legal wife, too, pregnant? Didnt God do just that, at the end?

The reality is that the Jews, in their hatred of anything not Isaac hated their father's great Uncle [they also hated their uncle Esau and his children], Ishmael who they said their god said he will be a killer {He never killed anyone. Ever}. They said greatness will come from him. Some sick mind will argue the fulfillment is the Oil {lol}, forgetting that Nigeria has oil, too. Japan is great without oil. So is American without working the oil field to death. Jews have eliminated the spiritual greatness from anyone, including the larger house of Abraham, even though Jesus stated that the spirit that testified that Jesus is the Messiah [definitely this must be after Jesus said it and not before; so who testified that Jesus was the Messiah? Anyone except Muhammad {AS}?], is a prophet form God.

My spirituality is quite inferior to that of Abraham. Yet I will not sleep with a woman who is not my wife. And I have not seen a decent wife, even lacking spirituality that will tell her husband to get the house girl pregnant. Hand maid as you people said, is nothing more than the house girl of today.

How about the opinion of the house girl? What if she is not interested in having a young master sleeping with her? Imagine a very old master; what a resistance she will put up, except if her father, by her obedience to her father who she trusted to have her best at heart will allow such a thing to happen. In this case the father is not available, except that we know that he was God conscious, giving his daughter out freely. No wealthy father will give his daughter out freely to slavery, but for marriage.

In this case, a king will not give his daughter out as a maid, slave, house girl to those people who came to his land to seek comfort from the abundance of this very kingdom.

The reality is that Abraham married Hagar and it was their union that produced the child that could ever be called child of the covenant, circumcised at the same time with the father, the first child, first son, the only child, definitely the child that was brought up for sacrifice. Shall Sarah leave Isaac whose birth was 13 years later than Ishmael alone in the care of old man Abraham that he could stow away to the place of sacrifice? Are men the primary caretakers of their children, especially when the mother is younger, while father is the one that goes out to provide bread?

We read in the Quran that Ibrahim [AS] dreamed and told his son Ismail {AS} about his slaughtering him. That son said that his father should do as he had been commanded in his dream[s] which occurred more than once, and the father shall find him, by the Will of God a cooperating [patient, forbearing, persevering] son on this matter of slaughter. The even is part of the rites of Islamic Hajj. And there is no son born to a muslim parent in any part of the world that the parent does not wish him circumcised [are each of you circumcised for this covenant of Abraham, oh non muslims?].

If any child was to be abused, it is the child that has the weaker or weakest resources of support. In the case of Abraham, it would have been Ishmael because of his mother, versus the more influential Sarah, who was even bold enough to force God {according to the Bible} to command Abraham to get rid of his first son and his mother [I dont wanna go to the ridiculous description in the Bible of how a son who is at least 13 years old could be carried on the shoulders by a 100 year old father to any significant distance, since Isaac was born before after Ishmael!], the act of human sacrifice is at least in the sight of the one to be slaughtered an attempt to abuse him by the one who is carrying out the slaughter [Maybe this is why Jesus yelled out on the cross, amounting to saying 'hey. if you are forsaking me, you are abusing me by allowing people to abuse me [lo]].

The Jews and the christians dont mark this event, while the Muslim do, though the Jews mark, the mere defeat of the Assyrians by the Macabees! Talk about displaced priority, if they are sincere. The fact of the matter is that Isaac was not the sacrificial son. If he were Muslims would have gladly said so, while the manner of hajj would have included whatever it would have been.

The Bible says that God punished Adam and Eve for a single transgression. That punishment is even transferred to all their progeny; Mankind without any exception, though they say some people were "sinless", yet shamelessly condemn innocent child who died moment after birth.

So if this Biblical God is metering the punishment for sins, and dont forgive unless He punishes, illegal sex of Abraham must be punished, too. If there is no punishment for it, or an attempt to do so, or even a mention of it by God, we must therefore not say that he didnt marry her as a legal wife. The taking of wife was not depending on the agreement of Sarah, at all since the last wife of Abraham was not based on the acceptance of Sarah. The Jews bringing their own thoughts to the matter that God already decided, following all legal marriage procedures is deceptive, at least. We know that the Biblical God was intending to kill Moses for what he did, even though he was on his way to deliver the message of God to Pharaoh. If God of the Bible had been success [a failure shows that this type of God is not the real God, unless the Bible writers have been lying all along, making God an imperfect being] in killing Moses, who would have delivered the Mosaic message to Pharaoh, when we know that in Islam God says that every Messenger, prophet is supported [not waylaid] by God on his mission?

Abraham was not punished, even though sandwiched between Adam and Moses, David, Solomon who were clearly punished by Biblical God. Imagine Jesus who made a statement clearly opposing affirmation of Just God is not punished by God [my God my God why has thou forsaken me?], while Adam and Eve repented, and Moses clearly delivered his message to Pharaoh, and Jesus declared his mission completed at the dinner table long before crucifixion/crucifiction.

Where is the morality when God will absorb some people, yet severely punish other for the same sin? Were the son and grandson of Noah who say his unclothedness, daughters of Lot who violated him in the state of drunkenness get punished, though Cain the son of Adam was punished?

The spirit of truth which is the prophet of God who said Jesus was the Messiah is the one final Prophet to follow, today. He will lead you to all truth, He is from the house of Abraham, too. We already know that the Jews and christians lied on God, on His Messengers and prophets. You now need to mend your ways, people.

Truly this is food for thought for men/women of understanding, They follow Prophets whom they accuse of Fornication/insulting their own mothers, sleeping with their daughters, drunkness etc yet they seem not bothered by such inquities. May ALLAH guide the heedless.Amin

seyibrown:

This same LoveKing who is teaching that CHRISTIANS SHOULD self-service AND WHOSE SIGNATURE LINKS TO AN ADULT SITE! LOL! grin

LoL! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool what a good(Opp) Teacher Loveslave is. cheesy, but Iya, no be the same thing dey for song of Solomon
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by LoveKing(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2011
Loveking or loveslave its the same thing, so far you add love to it. smiley
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Akbar10: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2011
LoveKing:

Remember abrahams maid who commited fornication with him. Now why did God overlook this and didnt punish Abraham for this? Secondly why did God hint on killing of Uriah by David and not more on the fornication?
the question of Abraham has been answered by several people here-Joagbaje, et al, so i may not go into it, but i need to point out that there is no proof for saying Hagar was a princess of Egypt
as for David, God both hammers on his act of killing Uriah and on the adultery-His judgement, thru the prophet Nathan was that the sword would not depart from David's house, as we saw later when his son plotted a coup against him, Solomon killed Adonijah, etc
David repented of his sin, even though his actions had consequences
anyway, lessons can always be twisted by people who want to, the essence of the Bible is saving faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God
its quite easy to laugh now when all is going well, u are young, and maybe have no time for God-but wisdom shows in planning ahead, and that is most evident in planning for eternity
Re: Abraham Commited Fornication Which God Overlooked. True Or False? by Image123(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2011
Abraham's relationship with Hagar was fornication. It was outside marriage and God didn't approve of it. It cut Abraham's fellowship with God for 13years and God didn't regard hagar's child as Abraham but as the bondwoman's. That's according to the Bible anyway, not according to Kunle&Joe's dictionary, or that musl.m guy's theology.

(1) (Reply)

Fighting The Spirits Of The Dead In My Dreams. / The Hero- Pastor W.f Kumuyi And The Church Deeper Life / Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome D.Sc D.D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.