Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC (21014 Views)

Youths Protest Against EFCC In Warri (Video & Photos) / Suspected Yahoo Boys Protest In Osogbo, Osun Against EFCC Harassment / Osogbo Boys Protest Against 'EFCC's Harassment' (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by NwekeUG(m): 6:47am On Aug 27, 2020
Internet celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha, alias Mompha, was on Wednesday released by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He was released on bail about two weeks after he was re-arrested by the anti-graft agency in Lagos.

His lawyer, Gboyega Oyewole, said Mompha had withdrawn the N5 million fundamental rights suit he filed against the EFCC to challenge his re-arrest.

Mompha is standing trial alongside his company, Ismalob Global Investment Ltd, on an amended 22-count charge bordering on cyber fraud and money laundering to the tune of N33 billion.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how he was re-arrested on August 14.

He was arrested when he went to the EFCC office in Ikoyi, Lagos to reclaim his luxury possessions.

The items include five luxury wristwatches, an Apple iPod, an iPhone 8 device, and a pair of sunglasses, which were among other items found on him when he was arrested on October 19, 2019, in Abuja.

His visit to the EFCC office followed a July 24 ruling by Justice Mohammed Liman ordering the release of the items.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/410993-mompha-regains-freedom-from-efcc-custody.html

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Skyfornia(m): 6:49am On Aug 27, 2020
He will enter again..no peace for the wicked.

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Joshmodest(m): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2020
Skyfornia:
He will enter again..no peace for the wicked.
in Nigeria the wicked have peace like a river ....in this Nigeria as sad as it sounds , mompha is not going anywhere again !!

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Juliusmomoh: 7:02am On Aug 27, 2020
EFCC are those agency powered by APC to attack those who don't partake in their looting...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Juliusmomoh: 7:04am On Aug 27, 2020
EFCC are those agencies powered by APC to attack those who don't partake in their looting...

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by swiz123(m): 7:27am On Aug 27, 2020
I hope he doesn't go back to collect his pen and get re-re-arrested for it

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Vyzz: 7:36am On Aug 27, 2020

Today that I am making front page back to back...

Lala are u following me?...

We already suppose know say naija na scam.. If hushpuppi was sent to Nigeria... By now he would have been a free man

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by hisgrace090: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Hush puppi will now be regrating why he is not arrested by efcc.

52 Likes

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Houseofglam7(f): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Zico5(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
Nigeria and her wahala. They are playing chess with every issue. I can bet it this EFCC have never won any case for four years running due to corruption and lack of due diligence. I wonder the future of this country with these set of people

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Slawormir: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by lekki1444: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
cheesy EFCC OGA DONE RECEIVE ALERT FOR AKANT

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by ForeThinker: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
To find peace, sometimes you have to be willing to lose your connection with people, places and things that create all the noise in your life.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Mayng01(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
Good for you but keep watching your back & always be prepared for the unseen. They are still and will always be after you. Goodluck

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Odunolumide(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2020
Money money money.
Oh how important it is!
It can't add a cubit to one's lifespan.
But it can make sure your life span isn't subtracted from.
It doesn't buy you happiness
But you can buy happiness for others with it.
People say it doesn't guarantee you heaven but even the Bible says: " Make friends in righteous places with your unrighteous riches (wealth) .
Money money money.
Don't stay far away from me I beg.

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by jamata20: 9:12am On Aug 27, 2020
Mompha right now grin grin

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Harbeeorlar(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2020
Power of negotiation

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by nBag(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2020
family matters
Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by jericco1(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2020
He and the EFCC have come to a compromise.
Money don exchange hands be that.
The same would have happened if hushpuppi was arrested and tried in Nigeria. undecided

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by weIMPORT: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2020
This country is a joke. Everything just seems like a script drafted by the government to distract young Nigerians. I refuse to be distracted anyway

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Kiezodumah(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2020
K
Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Etinosa1234: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2020
Hushpuppy go dey wish say he nor comot for naija... See as dem dey free amd unfree mompha

16 Likes

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by tardell007(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2020
Lol no be naija again? grin
Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by BecomeALandLord(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2020
This marriage between mompha and Efcc is getting interesting by the day.

We are real estate professionals, contact us for genuine lands and houses within strategic estates at various locations.
Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by NettyNelly(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2020
It's only in Nigeria that you commit crime and get away with it. But I believe no crime will ever go unpunished. Even If you escape the arm of the law, your posterity would judge you.

Do you think your brand logo is important?. Check my signature
Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Kingpele(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2020
Go and scam no more.. It is a very terrible mentality to desire pleasurable things without offering a noble service to humanity... Greed is one of the worst bondage of the evil one which blinds the mind from understanding the purpose of life and human existence

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by jmoore(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2020
The EFCC boys have been settled.

Using corruption to fight corruption is what makes Nigeria a big joke.

Hushpuppi would have been freed if he was arrested by EFCC.

Re: Mompha Regains His Freedom, Withdraws N5m Suit Against EFCC by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 27, 2020
Government official thugs obtain u and u no fear to enter their office to contest am.. something dey worry this one. Better keep ur penis head one place and accept ur losses

Nigerian Migrant Stabs Her Baby To Death In Germany / Lagos Guard Swindles Boss N80m After Hypnotizing Him With Spiritual Powers / Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52