Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,937 members, 7,852,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience (18096 Views)

Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress / Ay Comedian Shares Photo Of His Hot Pa's Office!! / 1996 Vs 2017 - AY Comedian Shares Photos Of Denim Transformation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by authority2006(m): 10:27am On Aug 27, 2020
Ishilove:
They won't stop all these trailers and tankers falling on people and vehicles. They are not even stopping all these kabukabu carrying overload or those buses emitting excessive smoke. No, they won't. Instead their targets are private vehicles for the sole purposes of harassment and extortion. Hopeless people.

On the average, they collect more money from the commercial vehicles than the private cars
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by grammarian247(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by pooozeee(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2020
And some idiots were suggesting that this stupid people should be carrying weapons

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Science4me(m): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2020
In Nigeria we seem to know a whole lot more than the people in the office.

You will tell police how to stop people, tell soldier how to enforce, tell FRSC how to enforce rule.

But when you get to be on the other side you surely understand it is a different ball game.

No one wants to be stopped on the Road, we want free movement.

But if youve been the victim of an accident, you will know why enforcing this things are great.

Someone's car got burnt totally on a bridge, where there is no sand or water. If he had his fire extinguisher he wont lose his car totally.
But when a similar person is stopped he gets angry and gives series of inexcuseable excuses.

Any payement to FRSC that you had to go to the bank is to the government, it does not count towards there promotion or uplifting.

I had a Personal experience where a commercial driver hit a close family member's car from the back, the driver was asked to provide his driving license, he couldnt.

How will someone without driving license know road rules?

Most times self, this officers will just play with you and let you go BUT when you see them and you frown like burnt dodo and grumply answering there request, even when he his doing his job he will surely finish his job.

Sometimes you see them, you run or drive anyhow. When they now arrest you , you start begging etc. No be criminal dey run?

Our Force Agency are doing a good job but no matter how good, there might be little lapses. No one is perfect so we should keep helping each.

2 Likes

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by chimezieeze98: 10:42am On Aug 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC-zds9RMBc

Seems they are targeting celebrities now.... See what they did to comedian.... Koffi sometime last week
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by xcesspaschal(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2020
jericco1:
Old news but he should know that FRSC just want to make money and they don't really care about the safety of anyone

Dey care about d safety of the people man.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by jericco1(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2020
xcesspaschal:

Dey care about d safety of the people man.

From personal experience they don't long as you sort them you are good to go
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by ojaysam25(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2020
Person way dey happy to see defaulters...if them correct you how Dem go see chop grin...9ja my con3.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Bluffly: 10:46am On Aug 27, 2020
He should go and be knowledgeable. You have an expired fire extinguisher which means you don't have at all. Is he not aware all this while that there is a penalty for that, because he was found wanting he is now looking for cheap promotion.
Expiration of Fire extinguisher is not just the date. If the pressure gauge is on red then it's gone.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Science4me(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2020
Ishilove:
They won't stop all these trailers and tankers falling on people and vehicles. They are not even stopping all these kabukabu carrying overload or those buses emitting excessive smoke. No, they won't. Instead their targets are private vehicles for the sole purposes of harassment and extortion. Hopeless people.

Are you sure?

Stopping all this commercial trailers, tankers and commercial buses is not an easy feat because they are always with issues.

An Operation was carried out which targeted the trailers and tankers, especially ones without means to stop thier container from falling.

A lot of nearly mishap to the FRSC officers.

It had to be a combined operation between the Police, Soldier and FRSC yet some trailer escaped , even drove away with Officers in them.

When Soldier shoot, people will blame the soldier but not the Trailer driver who did not stop.

Even citizens had to offer some help in helping us stop this trailers and commercial drivers.

Check more on FRSC Facebook Page, lots of information been dished out and operations been carried to ensuring everyone's safety.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Swingate(m): 10:50am On Aug 27, 2020
These people are the worst set of people to have an encounter with on the road, they are long overdue for reforms and reorientation. They are a waste of space in Nigeria and something urgent needs to be done.
They almost caused an accident for me on my way from Delta state , they are completely useless and always looking for a way to find fault and delay and obtain you with their stupid stories.
In Edo state they are like devils in uniform. You barely see them actually assisting in traffic control, all they do is try to catch you and say the person sitting behind was not wearing a seat belt, all just to get you to pay ridiculous fines. Sometimes they arrange some sham mobile courts to legalise their act. The president should look into the activities of these people and direct the required reforms to ensure real safety for drivers and passengers.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Rebuke: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2020
Wait, FRSC too don dey carry gun? angry shocked cry
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by joyandfaith: 11:20am On Aug 27, 2020
AlexReports:
Road safety corps must be corrective, Not punitive Nigeria Comedian Koboko Master reacts

Popular Nigeria Comedian, Event Host and Award winning MC, Gbadamasi Bernard, popularly called Koboko Master has condemned activities of the Federal Road Safety Safety Corps in Abuja, after an encounter with them few days ago. He noted that it was disgraceful for officers of FRSC to be brutal and just mindful about extorting monies from road users, instead of ensuring safety.

Speaking regretfully on the experience he had with Officers of the Federal Road Safety, Koboko Master stated that by booking and collecting monies for penalties, without ensuring provisional efforts to sustain safety of road users was a mere hogwash. While narrating the situation he stated that few days ago, he was stopped by the federal road safety corps and was asked to pull over which he, and was then asked to provide his driver's licence and car documents, which he also provided with super validity. Thereafter he was asked for a fire extinguisher, which he also provided, but to his greatest surprise, the officers said the extinguisher was expired and that he must be booked.

All of this embarrassing developments where now tailored at getting monies from the Comedian as penalty and not targeted at how he could get a new extinguisher to secure safety of his vehicle. Koboko Master however suggested a more corrective approach instead of a punitive one geared at enriching themselves.

He however adviced FRSC on issues like Fire extinguisher and other safety tools needed for road users. He suggested that the FRSC should develop an affiliation with private business owners that are into the sales of these safety equipments, so that when a person is found wanting , such persons will be booked and referred to such agency, probably with the penalties included in the payments. By doing this, the road user would have been cautioned, the safety equipment would have be procured, the private businesses person would have made some profit and FRSC would have done their job as well as collect their stipends as penalties.

He noted that with such suggestions, if implemented by FRSC, the nation can move on freely and easily, instead of the stressful process of booking, payment at bank and bring teller to office, without the achieving the aim of providing safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Bp5NPUqPg

https://www.abujapress.com/2020/08/road-safety-corps-must-be-corrective.html

Never give them original driver licence. If you do, you are likely to be fined. I have plenty photocopies. Always lock your doors because those fools can jump inside your car.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Meteng: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2020
Nonsense! Must they force you to buy the fire extinguisher? After they fined you, if you don't replace your expired extinguisher, they'll arrest you again, and fine you again, as many times as you refuse to replace it until you get sense
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by joyandfaith: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2020
Science4me:

Are you sure?

Stopping all this commercial trailers, tankers and commercial buses is not an easy feat because they are always with issues.

An Operation was carried out which targeted the trailers and tankers, especially ones without means to stop thier container from falling.

A lot of nearly mishap to the FRSC officers.

It had to be a combined operation between the Police, Soldier and FRSC yet some trailer escaped , even drove away with Officers in them.

When Soldier shoot, people will blame the soldier but not the Trailer driver who did not stop.

Even citizens had to offer some help in helping us stop this trailers and commercial drivers.

Check more on FRSC Facebook Page, lots of information been dished out and operations been carried to ensuring everyone's safety.

They can use technology to track vehicles. They have access to plate numbers database. They should not be causing accidents while enforcing traffic laws.

1 Like

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by cmecproblem(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2020
I think it is very wrong to encourage untrained people to attempt to put out a car fire. Instead we should be warned to run for our lives if a car catches fire.
This fire extinguisher thing is not well thought out IMO.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by derbykol(f): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2020
A road safety officer carrying gun?This must be a photoshopped picture.

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by cmecproblem(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2020
Science4me:
In Nigeria we seem to know a whole lot more than the people in the office.

You will tell police how to stop people, tell soldier how to enforce, tell FRSC how to enforce rule.

But when you get to be on the other side you surely understand it is a different ball game.

No one wants to be stopped on the Road, we want free movement.

But if youve been the victim of an accident, you will know why enforcing this things are great.

Someone's car got burnt totally on a bridge, where there is no sand or water. If he had his fire extinguisher he wont lose his car totally.
Imagine what you're writing. Please save your life if your car starts burning, if you have seen a burning car you'll know that tiny fire extinguisher won't do anything to stop the fire. Also, the rush of oxygen can cause an explosion if you attempt to open the bonnet to use the extinguisher. Only trained people should put out fires, especially if it's a car, save your life so you can buy another car.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Oludara202: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2020
Such a shame, you understand why a lot of drivers would not pull over when asked to. They have succeeded in making it not just a fault finding mission but an avenue for extortion.

1 Like

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Ishilove: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Cmanforall:
He made some sense there for the fire extinguisher. And this should be for those who have an expired one. Getting it from their designated retailer should not cost anything extra, but will be a confirmation that you now have a functional extinguisher.

For the seatbelt, it is punishable by a fine in other countries. Everybody should be using seatbelt for his/her own safety.
Only very few commercial buses have functional seat belts
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Ishilove: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2020
derbykol:
A road safety officer carrying gun?This must be a photoshopped picture.
They carry guns on interstate roads.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2020
It's true that your fire extinguisher can be expired and it's an offence under the frsc law. I have been there before. Na so I argue with them for so long that day.
What is wrong is booking drivers for an expired extinguisher, you can always leave in with a warning so he can have time to reflect and change it.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by derbykol(f): 11:58am On Aug 27, 2020
Ishilove:

They carry guns on interstate roads.
Wow!I never knew o.Thank you.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Elsueno: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
One of the para military agencies I detest from the bottom of my heart. ARROGANT PIECES OF SHYT AND TIME WASTERS.

Sometimes even if you have everything, They will ask for triangle, first aid kit. One even ask for needles one time. I just said, stop wasting my time and tell me you want something for the boys"

Anyways funny story, They once stopped us with my dad, we did not have fire extinguisher. My old man pretended he doesn't know what fire extinguisher is and they should show him a sample. CAN YOU IMAGINE, THEY DON'T HAVE ONE grin grin na so dey let us go without ticket

Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Goldencheese(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
Don't mind them...naso dem stop me sometime back,dem no see fault...wetin one of dem ask me na "why u dey sweat" when I can on my car ac..I told him no gas.the guy asked me to park well.I use mouth finish am dat day.

grin grin
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Awoo88: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Koboko abeg shut up. If you car burn e fit burn others so check you extinguisher
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by TreaSuretunde: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bros, God bless you for that subjection,
let FRSC get contact of all the sellers in difference state.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by TreaSuretunde: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Awoo88:
Koboko abeg shut up. If you car burn e fit burn others so check you extinguisher
oga,are you a FRSC officer?
pls, read this post every well,
he never said anything bad,
he was just giving them a better idea of doing the work.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Toosure70: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mumu talk as if get sense at all.
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by fujirice: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
I totally agree with him.
Nothing is more frustrating than telling someone that broke traffic regulations to go for psychiatric test in the hospital and present the result to FRSC before bailing your vehicle with a fine.
Very counterproductive if you ask me.
Very!
Re: Koboko Master: FRSC Must Be Corrective, Not Punitive- Comedian Shares Experience by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Okkkk
Next Madness Please...!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibinabo Fiberesima Stuns In New Makeup Photo / Ruggedman To Release A Diss Song Against Naira Marley / Nobody Loves Anybody — Timaya Advises The Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.