Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba (27916 Views)

Israel Adesanya Wears Enyimba Jersey (Photos) / CLBRIBERY: Enyimba’s Afelokhai Reveals How He Rejected Bribe From Sudanese Club / OFFICIAL: Manchester United Sign Aaron Wan-bissaka From Crystal Palace For £50m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
omogerohprecious:

How will football be played in the local league considering the fact state govts built isolation centers in stadiums

Not all state governments made their stadium isolation center. Kano state that did is considering opting for the options between Kaduna or Bauchi stadiums.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Perostick(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Fulaniherdmens:
Not just with a good salary wage, and also a secured job as per injury/retirement or what have u to say....

Europe all day all time. I will enjoy 1.2m monthly but not in Nigeria Leauge.

ha! The different is to much.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Are Rivers United still under that Eunisell shirt sponsorship deal?

Yes
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
LZAA:

He does
The truth is most times the guys get either half or no salary
Even victor ezeji suffered it in NPFL
Why u think say most of them dy japa go finland and all those yeye leagues

But they no longer 'japa' like they used too. Only few that wants to have the experience of playing abroad now do.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
magicminister:

Bro, how can I get into NPFL. I always wanted to watch it but can’t find it anywhere except on the internet. How can I see the live action?

If you are around a stadium that a team takes as their home, you can go and watch live with just a token of #100 to #200 as gate fee. I did when I was in Enugu, watched the match between Rangers and Enyimba and the experience was marvellous, took some shots with former Super Eagles player playing for Rangers then.

But now, since I'm in Abuja where we have no participating team, I just follow the live updates, even in our whatsapp group. If you don't mind, share your number let me add you up. With the passion therein I bet you will fall more in love with our league.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by andrewbaba44: 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
am done with u u know nothing can't be aguring with a teenager

You are the one that knows nothing and it’s all clear

You are the one behaving like a kid ,someone is giving you clear facts and you are already angry instead of you to make a research

Shame on you

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Hangulsaram: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

You are somewhat right but it was actually Rangers vs Heartland because the too teams rivalries preceded the formation of Enyimba. Now it's Rangers vs Enyimba.
Yes but the greatest rival now is between Enyimba vs Heartland.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by nairatag: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
to me enyimba and pillars is like barca and madrid they should be bitter rival even ghanian league kotoko n hearts don't trade players we still ve long way to go

Long way to go or you have long history to read.

Luis Enrique
Laudrup
Luis Figo all did the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by sddiamond: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
It's you that doesn't know anything, kano and Enyimba are not bitter rivals compare to Rangers and Enyimba. If Arsenal and Totenham, Man U and Man city, AC Milan and Inter Milan can do business, why can't Enyimba and Kano trade?
kenzysmith:
am done with u u know nothing can't be aguring with a teenager

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by solonubinho(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

It shows you don't follow the local league.

, honeric01 please help move this to the front page so more Nigerians can be acquainted with the local league.

Let's promote ours also.

Who in their right senses and reasonable work to do follows the local league? Lmaoo!!! You guys should pump in more money. Learn from South Africa- below average players but great facilities. Money was pumped into the league bro same with the premiership. Lmao! Your woeful attempt to shame the commenter.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Millimann: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
How does the club generate income to pay their players such amount? Because I know most 9ja clubs doesn't earn TV rights, sponsorships etc

A club like Enyimba get some dollars from their constant outings at the CAF Champions league and Confederations cup while clubs like Akwa Utd, Kano Pillars, Rivers Utd and Enyimba get huge government support. You will find majority of those high-earners in these clubs.

Unfortunately, most Nigerian clubs spend more than they earn as is the case with government-owned establishments. That is why we advocate that clubs should be privately run.

N/B: Some of the clubs also have big sponsors.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by nBag(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
taiocol:

Lol, it's child's play when it comes to any Oriental derby or Enyimba vs 3SC

what is the argument all about
when we all know Samuel etoo, figo, saviola, Luis Enrique all switched from Barca to Madrid or vice versa?

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
solonubinho:

Who in their right senses and reasonable work to do follows the local league? Lmaoo!!! You guys should pump in more money. Learn from South Africa- below average players but great facilities. Money was pumped into the league bro same with the premiership. Lmao! Your woeful attempt to shame the commenter.

But what has been the performance of South African teams on the continent compared to Nigerian team?

I admit we still have a long way to go but what you should know is that NPFL is not seating in a place, it's evolving.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by henryobinna(m): 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Gbest90:

1 million naira in contract, 10 thousand in reality.

This is effing wrong . It's the reason the players aren't encouraged to give their best. I had a friend who signed a contract of #300,000, only to take home 20k monthly. Even the 20k, dem go still owe them for 3month's.
No money to even buy mama bread talk more of benz .

Nigeria just keeps on killing dreams.

can you explain why or how it is that way...

why a million in contract and another figure in reality, why the disparity ?

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by anonimi: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:
Arsenal that signed Luiz and Willian from Chelsea makes EPL a Farmers league I guess

Thanks boss.
Inferiority complex killing blacks since 1000 AD. undecided

[img]https://3.bp..com/-QpI2E-sOepY/UGWdfEreeXI/AAAAAAAADKM/rghtpoXDA-A/s320/tumblr_m3tljyDCmX1qfvy6ho1_500.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by anonimi: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:
But what has been the performance of South African teams on the continent compared to Nigerian team?
I admit we still have a long way to go but what you should know is that NPFL is not seating in a place, it's evolving.

I like your doggedness for educating and enlightening our mental slavery fellow citizens, who don't want to work for the better things they want to see.
God bless you real good. Amen!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11103958_speakyourmind_640x640_jpeg83807a5d56f855580d23367c018ecaf8

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by anonimi: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
That's about $600 per week!
Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester over $90,000 per week!
It is well.

How much tax do you pay? How much do all the people around you pay as taxes yearly?
Compared to the people of Leicester?
Blacks always looking for awoof and complaining eternally but not ready to lift a finger to work for their individual and common goals.
You go wail tire!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

I like your doggedness for educating and enlightening our mental slavery fellow citizens, who don't want to work for the better things they want to see.
God bless you real good. Amen!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11103958_speakyourmind_640x640_jpeg83807a5d56f855580d23367c018ecaf8

Thanks brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by anonimi: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:
Thanks brother

We need to drive the public opinion for the privatisation of our football clubs and the league management itself to fully unleash the potentials for jobs, merchandising, economic growth etc.
Abi na how many of the oyinbo clubs dey for dem government hands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by desthan(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
It is well.

Na small small, they will get there.

For now let them try and make sure the take home is consistent, then every other thing will fall into place.

Encourage your own too...

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Kachi11061998(m): 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

If you are around a stadium that a team takes as their home, you can go and watch live with just a token of #100 to #200 as gate fee. I did when I was in Enugu, watched the match between Rangers and Enyimba and the experience was marvellous, took some shots with former Super Eagles player playing for Rangers then.

But now, since I'm in Abuja where we have no participating team, I just follow the live updates, even in our whatsapp group. If you don't mind, share your number let me add you up. With the passion therein I bet you will fall more in love with our league.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

We need to drive the public opinion for the privatisation of our football clubs and the league management itself to fully unleash the potentials for jobs, merchandising, economic growth etc.
Abi na how many of the oyinbo clubs dey for dem government hands

That's my dream because I know when NPFL is fully up it will create lots of job to the youths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by toprealman: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:

league were player from pillar will be sign from direct rivals eyimba is that one league tuweh
Ronaldo....the original Ronaldo played for Real Madrid and Barcelona FYI.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by ezechi24(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
to me enyimba and pillars is like barca and madrid they should be bitter rival even ghanian league kotoko n hearts don't trade players we still ve long way to go

What are you saying sf...did calls tevez not sign for man city?...Louis figo signed for Madrid from Barcelona.... So stop all these rubbish you are saying, because its Nigerian league now you want to castigate it...na we be the problem of this country 95% not the looting leaders.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by lastempero: 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

Arsenal that signed Luiz and Willian from Chelsea makes EPL a Farmers league I guess

U are wasting your mb by replying to that novice.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by drskyfly007(m): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Gbest90:

1 million naira in contract, 10 thousand in reality.

This is effing wrong . It's the reason the players aren't encouraged to give their best. I had a friend who signed a contract of #300,000, only to take home 20k monthly. Even the 20k, dem go still owe them for 3month's.
No money to even buy mama bread talk more of benz .

Nigeria just keeps on killing dreams.

Which club is that? That your friend is not telling you the truth....

As an insider I can confidently tell you that most NPFL clubs don't owe salaries...

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by KunleyY19(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:

league were player from pillar will be sign from direct rivals eyimba is that one league tuweh

Bayern wey dey constantly pluck from Dortmund nko

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by KunleyY19(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
That's about $600 per week! Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester over $90,000 per week! It is well.
That money is over good for Nigeria standard...
How many Prof earn that?

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by ezechi24(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
solonubinho:

This guy you dumb o....sorry but I've just got to let you know... See ehn our problem is us the citizens and not tge government ...do you how many players the nigerian league has elevated from poverty?.. I know we still have a very long way to go but don't make it seem like our league is a diserster...if not for our useless leaders and our ass licking of the European leagues ...I don't think we would be here trying to educate people about out local league...

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by ruggedtimi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nigeria league filled with over age players.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by mmsen: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
It is well.

That is at least double what many earn in a week. A great salary for a growing league.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Receives 5th Golden Shoe Award For Europe's Top Scorer / Messi, Aguero & Dybala In Argentina Squad To Face Nigeria / Adidas Approves Greenwood's Return To Manchester United.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.