Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? (34102 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / 11 Things To Know About Accessing Mortgage With Your RSA Account- New Guidelines / Lagos, Kaduna, 9 Others Begin Pension Remittance Into Workers’ Rsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Truthagent(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Good evening great people of nairaland, I decided to table this issue here because I believe someone here must have an experience with this kind of situation.

I lost my dad recently, he is police man and he was in service for a long time . Just few years remaining until retirement, my dad was the kind of person that doesn't disclose much about his place of work, even to my mom. I was going through his phone today when I saw the RSA messages, I don't know anything about it. I am already making enquiries from other people, but any help from here will be much appreciated. The bank is stabic ibtc

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Samsimple(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sorry for the loss man. Just go to the bank that's all I can say. Once again sorry

Check my signature for designs

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Wisebird22(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Go to his pension fund administrator ( PFA)and make an enquiry to know who he listed as next of kin,then you can start the journey from there.

116 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Truthagent(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Wisebird22:
Go to his pension fund administrator ( PFA)and make an enquiry to know who he listed as next of kin,then you can start the journey from there.
from their headquarter right
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nbotee(m): 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration... Go to the state high court where u are and apply for a letter of Administration. And U are going to b needing the following requirements;
Death certificate(National Population commission)
Death Certificate or Medical cause of death report from the hospital.
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin.
Note the court will require 2 ppl to b Administrators or executors of the letter of Administration issued. During the process the courts will issue U a bank certificate to his bankers (Remember to list all his account numbers and pension Administrator and Pin). The court will give u copies to b submitted to both his banks and his pension Administrators. U cannot begin any process until u get that letter of Administration.
Also note not to go to the pension office to submit any documents yet until U get the letter of Administration becos once U submit his death certificate and notify dem of his death, payments to his bank account will b stopped.(This is if U still have his atm or access to his bank account)

abbasajao:

Will medical cause of the death surfice or is in addition to death certificate from NPC??

He will require both... Medical cause of death is also the death certificate from the hospital but banks and pension administrators would still require dat from the NPC becos it carries more weight.

Truthagent:
where can I get the death certificate from national population commission.

Go to the General hospital close to u. They always have an NPC desk. Go with the death certificate from the hospital he died or beta jus in case. U know how naija works, U may have to part with some money... Also U will need to get urself and ur mum or the other next of kin a National Identity card if U do not have becos dat seems to b the official means of identification from both banks and pension managers these days.. Visit the IBTC pension office to collect a list of their requirements if possible but the most important at the moment is the letter of Administration. It could take U between 2 to 6months or more depending on how proactive the probate department in ur location is.. If U are in Abuja den U are in luck cos it took less than 3 months to get

205 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Wisebird22(m): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
from their headquarter right
start from their nearby office first(PFA)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by GboyegaD(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Contact the pension administrator however, you must have all the legal documents required.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by favor914: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nbotee:
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration... Go to the state high court where u are and apply for a letter of Administration. And U are going to b needing the following requirements;
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin
Exactly, but not any state High Court, from the office of the Chief Judge of The State, Probate division in the state capital.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Epstein(m): 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
You want to claim your fathers pension?

How can that be possible?

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by bluefilm: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Money palaver
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Let me just be reading comments
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Pearly255(f): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Here to learn
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Baamm(m): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
The question is “are you is next of kin” ?? If you are then you can start by going to the pension office he is using

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Yankee101: 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Go to the probate registrar in a court near you, with the documents listed above (death cert etc) to get you assigned as his next of kin, use this to:

1. Write his banks to turn over all his accounts to you
2. Write the RSA for his benefits
Include the letter from the probate registrar, your ID, any identifying documents like work ID etc for your father
3. The police too should have insurance/benefits for him etc

I shouldn't be saying this but it's naija, keep the process as quiet as possible from extended relatives (except your mum and siblings, you must carry them along) and even other police except those directly involved in processing benefits

You should get at least above 10 million naira minimum if they agree to pay everything (based on police salaries, insurance, length of service and possible savings and several months of salaries in his account)

Don't flex when it comes, especially if he was the major bread winner

Use 20% for you and your mother/siblings to meet your immediate need (accommodation if you guys are still renting) then fix 80% with at least 3 of you in the family as signatories (at least 2 to sign) and use the interest to meet family needs monthly. If you flex and he's the major bread winner then be ready for suffering, major suffering, down the road

Your father na police man, if i look their sins I no even suppose answer you. But who never sin b4?

84 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pearly255:
Here to learn
Same.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by favor914: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Epstein:

Heirs, Assigns, Successors in Title, Next of Kin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Kingslaw(m): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Go to the last place he served to get 85 percent of the info you need and also go to his bank.
And please, don't make the mistake of closing his account too quickly.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nbotee:
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin

To the Op: do exactly what Nbotee wrote up there. Go to the Stanbic IBTC Pensions head office once you get these documents. The office address is below:

Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers
The Wealth House
1678 Olakunle Bakare Close
Off Sanusi Fanfunwa Street
Victoria Island Lagos
Nigeria

cc: Truthagent

P/S - I hope either your mum or one of your siblings is the next of kin? If not you might experience some hassles. Just be prepared.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by jagabanban: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
So sorry about your loss.

The Nigeria Police Force has its own PFA. It is a closed PFA for only Police Officers. The expectation is that the Police Command should have contacted his next of kin about the process for accessing his pension funds. Do you know if you or your mum is the next of kin?

Check the Police PFA contact their details at http://www.npfpensions.com.ng/ and contact them. They should be able to help you.

All the best.

Truthagent:
Good evening great people of nairaland, I decided to table this issue here because I believe someone here must have an experience with this kind of situation.

I lost my dad recently, he is police man and he was in service for a long time . Just few years remaining until retirement, my dad was the kind of person that doesn't disclose much about his place of work, even to my mom. I was going through his phone today when I saw the RSA messages, I don't know anything about it. I am already making enquiries from other people, but any help from here will be much appreciated. The bank is stabic ibtc

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by AmazingELixir: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
undecided
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by magicminister: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Can’t add any meaningful knowledge but I always recommend letting Atleast your mom, siblings and your wife know your finances in and out. My mom has all my passwords to my bank accounts and sister does too.

Should anything happen to me, I want my family to be okay.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by oriewanbe: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
Don't worry. Go to the administration department of the Nigerian Police. They will tell you what to do. The next of kin should have been contacted by the department to submit some documents. Go to the admin department they will tell you who the NOK is. He or she is probably not you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by ednut1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
Epstein:

stop displaying ignorance. So as he don die the bank should take it Make una dey use sense na.
Op contact stanbic and the police

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
So sorry for ur loss
If only u CLD afford a good lawyer, they will charge but help u resolve all this issues before the end of the year.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by hatiri(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
am facing the same problem bro,i lost my dad since may 2019,but i don't know where 2 start
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
jagabanban:
So sorry about your loss.

The Nigeria Police Force has its own PFA. It is a closed PFA for only Police Officers. The expectation is that the Police Command should have contacted his next of kin about the process for accessing his pension funds. Do you know if you or your mum is the next of kin?

Check the Police PFA contact their details at http://www.npfpensions.com.ng/ and contact them. They should be able to help you.

All the best.

The father's PFA is Stanbic IBTC Pensions. The dude said it earlier.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Kingslaw(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Epstein:

he need to if he's the next of kin!
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by omooba969(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Badt guy grin u wan clear the akant ehn?

NIGGA RAW! cool
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sorry bro.You need to go to stanbic ibtc pension headquarters and ask for the procedure.You go spend money to do paperwork before them go pay his next of kin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? / What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.