Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,841 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (56375 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? / Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Bluffly: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

You didn't quote any scripture to support your claim u agent from hell and u demand same from me... I command u to return back to hell
Can you see your life. I haven't abused you in anyway and you kept calling me agent of hell. Can you now understand your identity.
Anyways I'll share this link of verses so you'll read and point out baptism by sprinkle or anything that suggests partial immersion
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Youngzedd(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nigerian Christian.

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by zedman1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
EmmaJnr1:
I also find it hard to believe his story
Are you a Nigerian bro? This thing is nothing new, it's very common here.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Iykenuwa(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.

Sorry about that, but I believe that the point is that Biblical baptism is by immersion and not by mere sprinkling as practiced in some Orthodox circles. I encourage you to prayerfully do scriptural research on this matter.

However, if you are truly born again, then you can trust the God you serve to open a better and greater door of opportunity soonest.

Remain blessed, and remember the Body of Christ is One.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by ecclize: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
i find it hard to digest this story...
this is the most ridiculous thing i've read this year aside Nigeria politics...
keep on trying by God grace new opportunities will come your way
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by semyman: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
You can see what they have turned Christianity to?
Lowest of God's creature
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Authe508: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Some pple ll tink d story is cooked, dt u've nt experienced same doesn't mk it fake. It hpnd 2 me jux last wk wednesday 4 a teaching job interview where am nt even required 2 teach CRS oooo
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Chimereze001: 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Its important you know, an European cares so much on how smart and articulate you are in your field...keep striving and believe in your goals...
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nephilim: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.
hahaha! Catholics are idol worshipper na! Always carrying the image of Mary wherever they go. grin you better leave now don't say I didn't tell you oo.
If someone from Europe can be telling you that babe you better forget it and move on to another denomination, because catholic originates from Europe and they know everything about it.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
thesicilian:
Sorry about that, but we can't really make a fair and reasonable input if you do not reveal the nature of the job.

See sensible comment.

The nature of the job might require someone who believe in the tenents of the RELIGIOUS organization.

Vatican cannot employ a Muslim, not even to sweep.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Parisian: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
True.
VEXT:
All lies... Will have believed you if you were a Muslim and you were rejected because you r a Muslim, or you r a christian and u were rejected because you r a christian and not a Muslim!!
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nyceguy92: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
Greatzeus:

Tell us the job you applied for,that demanded you been a born again to perform it. I don't believe your nicely written story. Unless you applied for a clergy work in a church or in a company owned and run with church resources,eg mission schools, church publishing outlets etc.

I thought so, too.

There has been a preponderance of fake, majority poorly written, stories on Nairanland just to keep us unnecessarily busy.

OP would have included the job position he applied for.
Besides, organisations abroad always place ability to perform over religion/denomination.

No human resource manager could have uttered these lies the is feeding the gullible ones here.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

bro can you link me to that job advert or page, I'll like to know the organization and contact them.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nitah1: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

My story is not for everybody, I'm just here to let people know my ordeal.

My reason for posting this is not to garner cheap like, but to let people know that even where people think they would find solace, they are being rejected there too.

If you like believe or not, I'm not here to force it on you.

Have a nice day
Is a simple question, why trying to dodge it?
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by rummmy: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Even if you are not a Catholic, they will be like, why are you putting on a suit instead of a singlet......... Remove your mind jare
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by golddare: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

You didn't loose anything, unless you are not born again., search your bible for the meaning of being born again and if you are sure then forget them.

Peter was at Cornelius house in Act 10 and the God jumped the process of being baptised before receiving the Holy Spirit. They were all speaking in new tongues and was not baptized. My brother talk to the Holy Spirit and He will guide you.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Parisian: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Facts �

He has also actually stated the truth in another post. I don't know he didn't mention it in the op.
Queenyprinxex:
Some bloody dimwits will believe this concocted lies especially if you haven't left the shores of your country or perhaps your continent.
Born and raised here in the US and I have been and stayed in almost all the European states on the map.
No European company, small or big will reject you on the basis of religious chasms, even some religious bodies do not even go that deep let alone a secular organization.
That nonsensical trash ends in Africa.
You are just an attention-seeking lying machine.
Wunmi590.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by ArticleBeast: 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
airoport:

I believe it's real. I have experienced such inclination first hand. First my daughter entered a competition and was passed over cuz her was Faith wasn't right with them. Second, a would be biz partner is bringing religion into the mix via suggestions of fellowship with her Church people in my locale. I already know that would be an intrusion on my private life, and I 'munder no financial pressure at all to cave in. So, I will wait and see if the biz will fly without religion. If not, bye, bye biz; welcome, peace and serenity in my private life!
Reading through the comment, I beginning to question if the bible I am reading is the same with other. Organized religion is really killing the christendom

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Powerfly(f): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

You didn't quote a scripture either, Man shall not live by bread alone but the words that come out from the mouth of God

this brother.. Baptism by water immersion is the right and proper way and. The word 'Baptism' itself is a greek word meaning Immersion or deep in Water.
all through the passage in the new testament, from JESUS To his disciples and apostles and even the story of Phillip preaching to the enuch, later baptising him.. All shows the act of total immersion.

Rom 6 : 4 - 6 says : Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (5) says : for if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection :.
6. Says - knowing this, that our old man(flesh) is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by larryking540: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
LadySarah:
To hell with them. Op forge on.

Ima pentecostal but the seeming discord among Christians annoy me alot.

you are very correct,,,a lady once assisted me back in campus , Bec I am a Christian not just day but a winners member,,,,till date ,I always try to familiarize my self with winners , redeem code of Happy New year celebration,like my year of success,glory ,,,,,else u go hear word for this 9ja o,,,,,,,na Christian do bad bad tins pass
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Queenyprinxex(f): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Parisian:
Facts �

He has also actually stated the truth in another post. I don't know he didn't mention it in the op.
I don't get you. Did he admit he lied?
Can you please share the post?
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by marisdgreat(f): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
nawaoh so na only Catholics commit sins pass, so being a catholic na gateway to hell fire, the last time I checked the religion news online na more of Pentecostals in terms of negativities than catholic denomination.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

What you are doing is what the Op was looking for. The story is a lie. Why eat his or her bait
I just wanted to state it categorically, i don't support discriminating churches in terms of opportunities but the truth must be told.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by jimb(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
chaiiii ndo!
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by yollychika(f): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
I am a proud catholic

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Powerfly(f): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
golddare:

You didn't loose anything, unless you are not born again., search your bible for the meaning of being born again and if you are sure then forget them.

Peter was at Cornelius house in Act 10 and the God jumped the process of being baptised before receiving the Holy Spirit. They were all speaking in new tongues and was not baptized. My brother talk to the Holy Spirit and He will guide you.

Immediately.. Peter commanded that they should be baptised. ( Acts 10 : 46 - 48).
The bible is truly written for our edification and reproof.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Omonete: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
Pls before you comment be caution of what you say she are not tell us the kind of job she applied for i advice you to tell us the job you applied for don't come here are in exiting story. Mean while contact me for your natural Honey from 4litre to 20litre. 08106073954
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by trutht828: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
ayomipoosi:
That was how I wrote Chokhmah schools test, I scaled through, a very rigorous test it was.
I was invited for a training alongside others, and was addressed as a new staff. I was so haooy thanking God.
After one week, no call, to at least say resume or otherwise.
When I tried making enquiries on what went wrong, someone told me in confidence they considered their church members first. Meanwhile, the HR consultants told us clearly it will be based on merit and not sentiments. And we all believed as na church thing naa. All na wash.
I'm sure pastor David Ibiyeomie is not aware of all they did.
I'm so angry and I know God is watching

How are you sure the pastor isn't aware and that he didn't approve? Stop judging by physical appearance.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Depressed101: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Lala, please come and help me to push this to front page.

If we Christian's don't like each other and we begin to segregate between denomination, I don't see why this country won't divide into two.

I wanted to let it slide that is one of those things when job hunting, but I just have to let the cat out of the bag, because I don't want to start thinking about it as today is my birthday, I need to free my mind.
name the company so we can call them out. What nonsense that's discrimination
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by PROPHETmichael: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Lala, please come and help me to push this to front page.

If we Christian's don't like each other and we begin to segregate between denomination, I don't see why this country won't divide into two.

I wanted to let it slide that is one of those things when job hunting, but I just have to let the cat out of the bag, because I don't want to start thinking about it as today is my birthday, I need to free my mind.

Give God thanks because that job could have lead to your obituary.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Jodera: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
I no believe the story though.

But I want to ask, do they conduct interview through WHATSAPP CALL??
As in WhatsApp call? Lol.

Even in Nigeria, how many people use WhatsApp call to communicate cos of line -breaking due to network issue?. How much more for official interview?..
If this isn't a pointer that this story is fake, I don't know what is
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Glorylynn: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
When stuffs like this happen to me, I just smile and remain calm because if the job was meant for me then nothing would change it...brace up and keep the hope alive....

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Graduate Trainee 2018 Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.