Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363078 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ayinke93(f): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
brogxy:

Your scores is 462 if you calculate well. You must have mixed up some information.

His simulation is very correct. He has sibling's point and masters. Maybe he's filling something wrong on the application portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ayinke93:

His simulation is very correct. He has sibling's point and masters. Maybe he's filling something wrong on the application portal.

Oh i missed the siblings parts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by atoleybaba(m): 11:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
Thank you for sharing

Goodnigga:

MY TEF STORY

Sorry guys @atoleybaba, @senoraaquila, @Wishlist & others for late reply, I have been busy with work schedules. I officially started learning French around December 2019 and wrote in August 2020. I am advanced in age and I am a busy man that wants to immigrate to Mapleland. I only have a B.Sc and no Masters, moreover even with masters, it is still not enough. So I opted for French. At that time, it was 30 points bonus for bilingual speakers.
I started from scratch with Tobidam, the school permits working-class people since they have a flexible time. I initially doubted, if an online school will work, but due to the testimonies I have heard about them, I joined. What I liked was that they have a principle of Speak, Write, Read and Listen from the first day. So, from the first day I was being forced to write , speak etc on every class day.
From day 1, I have many class works and a must-do assignments of at least 200 words for writing, also speaking assignments which have to be submitted the next class. Some other days, there are Listening practices on the scheme of work.
Since I must speak with my tutor every day, I practice speaking every 15 minute daily apart from class speaking. For every level from A1- B2, we must write DELF exam in each level and must pass at least 50% covering all the modules to be able to move to the next level. It was very tasking, cos I attended a night class, so I must always do my assignments while in the office to submit the following day as they don’t joke with assignments.
So I started getting used to TEF pattern from the beginning e.g. we were told to speak for 15 min from A1, speak with connectors etc. The grooming is kinda tough but, omo it is worth it and I enjoyed it. I have never worked hard like that in my life!
We used their personal text notes which is very easy to understand though Schaum Outline French was freely given to us. But I prefer their daily class notes.
At B2.2, TEF prep started officially, their TEF prep lasted around 2 months. To summarize I wrote 60 letters, 70 Fait Divers , all 22 CO (listening) , 102 CE text( reading part). I always got tired cramming those long texts as they are too long, but I was given a short cut for memorizing them. . I do daily listening practice with the audios( A1-B2) given us which are very helpful, it helped my hearing ability. I also have language exchange friends online from Speaky that I MUST practice daily with.
Also, I was told to check the last three months TEF exams and check what came out the most and focus on those ones first. Luckily, they all came out. Guys, knowing French is not a guarantee to passing TEF, if not for the TEF main strategies and tips I don’t know what will happen. Before the exam, we did several live simulated mock exams to ascertain my level till I was getting C1 in most of my exams. After much consistency I was told to book for the exam. I learnt for 9 months, though there are others who finished in 6 or 7 months. It depends on your rate of assimilation, dedication and the package you book for. I finally got C1,C1,C1,B2. In addition, the October 50 new CRS points bonus increase , now butter my bread with butter! That was what gave finally gave me the magic!

I also did a quick research for you guys, B.sc gives 30 pts, 2 or more certs gives 33pts, Masters gives 40 pts, PHD gives 55pts while TEF gives between 62-74 points( with IELTS).

Finally guys, TEF is doable, but I must tell you it is not for a lazy or indecisive mind. Let me stop here. For those who want to ask about the packages, other info about the school etc, I am not that current with the lastest info since I have left Tobidam since last year, but you can check their website.
I gotta go now guys, I am hungry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
ankaravillageng:
Please can anyone direct me to the link on documents for self-employed, I have searched for it but did not find it. Thank you.

Click on the link marked HERE in the first post on page one....screenshot below.

Also available if you search NL using the words "self employed ircc".

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaygirl33: 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
Goodnigga:

MY TEF STORY

Finally guys, TEF is doable, but I must tell you it is not for a lazy or indecisive mind. Let me stop here. For those who want to ask about the packages, other info about the school etc, I am not that current with the lastest info since I have left Tobidam since last year, but you can check their website.
I gotta go now guys, I am hungry.

Thank you Bro for the info and congratulations.
Was your training with Tobidam online? I need to know how possible an online class can help a complete novice in French.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Balanceiskey: 11:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
Thanks a lot for the insights.

You have my best wishes.

Debbieeeeeee:

Thank you Just use the required materials , you’ll ace the test and if you know you can’t really multitask and work under pressure then do paper based because of listening. For me I’ll say I prefer listening paper based and every other module in computer based. I wish they could give us the option of taking one module in paper and the other in computer grin grin
I got my evaluation In November and I’m still waiting for my spouses wes & IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Balanceiskey: 12:06am On Feb 07, 2021
Hello my seniors in the PR journey, please I have been trying to apply for evaluation on IQAS but the page keeps telling me they have exceeded their intake and would refresh the next morning at 8.15 canadian time (4.15pm) Nigerian time, I have been keeping the time every morning but it's the same old story. I saw online that IQAS stopped receiving applications in November 2020 so I figured that may be the reason for the whole hitch.

However, does anyone have an idea when they will resume application collection because I am sort of depending on them for 10 points o. My husband is a lawyer with no masters and from what I have read from previous threads, IQAS will give him a professional qualification equal to masters in points. Although we have applied for WES evaluation, I am hoping that if IQAS works, we can use it instead. So, does anyone have an idea when IQAS will be back?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by miolad20(m): 12:57am On Feb 07, 2021
I have not heard about that one o. Do not fall victim to deceitful agents. Check page 1 of this thread for all the info you may need for this journey.
globtex:
Pls anyone with idea about Semi immigrant Visa?

How does this work?

Pls help shed more light on this for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 1:04am On Feb 07, 2021
brogxy:

Your scores is 462 if you calculate well. You must have mixed up some information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cutiepie123: 1:25am On Feb 07, 2021
Pls what's the name of the exam some1 can write that wes evaluate as a certificates, I have searching through cos I know it's been mentioned several times here but cant seem to find it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmafe(m): 1:54am On Feb 07, 2021
Cutiepie123:
Pls what's the name of the exam some1 can write that wes evaluate as a certificates, I have searching through cos I know it's been mentioned several times here but cant seem to find it
CIIN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Phemmy2rule: 2:42am On Feb 07, 2021
Danbam:

I think the main idea is clear. Your scores are enough to enter the pool. When you are in the pool, you stand the chance of being invited (no matter how low your scores are), being selected by a province etc. However, if you are not in the pool, the chances of selection by a province of ITA Is absolutely zero.
You understand now ?
Yes I actually understand that part, my concern is that I don’t have up to 6,6,6,6.
I have 6,6,5.5,6.5. So I want to know if this can create profile and put me in the pool. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by evals101: 2:43am On Feb 07, 2021
Thanks guys, I have seen my mistake. The error was from my hours worked per week. Instead of 40, I wrote 8. Transmitted and total points is 477.
Thanks
Ayinke93:

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lanrayx: 4:48am On Feb 07, 2021
Hi all is there a WhatsApp group for federal express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olamitodotun14: 6:44am On Feb 07, 2021
Hello everyone, I’m glad to be here.

I have a burning question in mind, I have a sister on this Canada journey and she feels she’s made a mistake while applying for pr post-ITA. She forgot to add her IELTs result and WES documents and her hubby just realized that it’s a must to add those documents. My people, what can be done at this stage? Thank you.

What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by enesty(m): 7:18am On Feb 07, 2021
My wife has a diploma+bsc while I have a pgd +bsc we are evaluating both to stand as 2 certificate, please I wanted to verify if there's anything we should do before evaluating because I will be paying this week,as I read somewhere that someone 2certifcate was evaluated as one by Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 7:30am On Feb 07, 2021
olamitodotun14:

I have a burning question in mind, I have a sister on this Canada journey and she feels she’s made a mistake while applying for pr post-ITA. She forgot to add her IELTs result and WES documents and her hubby just realized that it’s a must to add those documents. My people, what can be done at this stage? Thank you.

What do you think?

What is her AOR? Let her raise a webform attaching the two documents with an LOE to that effect.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2021
enesty:
My wife has a diploma+bsc while I have a pgd +bsc we are evaluating both to stand as 2 certificate, please I wanted to verify if there's anything we should do before evaluating because I will be paying this week,as I read somewhere that someone 2certifcate was evaluated as one by Wes.

Imo, I don't think you have an issue. As long as transcripts can be gotten from the university.
I know for iqas, if you did a diploma then entered uni with it as a direct entry candidate, it will be evaluated as one. Just make your findings well. ALL THE BEST.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cutiepie123: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2021
[Thank you

quote author=Emmafe post=98819409]CIIN[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olamitodotun14: 9:50am On Feb 07, 2021
Sulee23:

What is her AOR? Let her raise a webform attaching the two documents with an LOE to that effect.

Thank you for your reply. She said October 8. She’s going attach the two documents with an LOE ASAP. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2021
Happy Sunday everyone... I know I've asked lots and lots of questions here, please pardon me.

Please is there a way to fund my dom account from my naira account at the normal exchange rate ie N380 cos buying USD is sooo expensive?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by doxame: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2021
Please how were you able to view the documents, all the adobe acrobat app I downloaded couldn't view them.
And please did you fill the forms online or you printed them,filled manually and scanned back?
And did you merge all d documents, with POF, PCC and medicals? Anticipating your response, though I sent an email to you already.
deejayz:

Hi,

We are in the same situation, raised a webform on the 6th and yet to get a response. What I did was do a little research and I found out what the response for addition of spouse was, it's always the same for everybody.

I was able to download the forms and I got all the documents, I sent everything in via webform last week even before getting their response. I also called the call centre to get my Visa Office. I asked the agent if I should raise a new webform directly to my VO but she said there was no need as they would get the one I raised earlier.

I saw someone that said he did this on another forum and they just added his spouse to his application without any questions. So fingers crossed.

My advise is that you get all the forms and documents and send them in, waiting for them to respond might take a while.

Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ankaravillageng: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2021
Mmamaroon:

Click on the link marked HERE in the first post on page one....screenshot below.

Also available if you search NL using the words "self employed ircc".

Good luck!

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 11:28am On Feb 07, 2021
Loverquin:
Hello fam,

Please I need an answer to these question on behalf of a friend.

Hez application got rejected due to error when he was imputing hez IELTS score unknowingly. Please what is meant to do? Go back to his profile and make necessary correction and reapply??

Abeg my people, answers needed asap. Thank you

I guess the person must have made this mistake Pre ITA, and probably still maintain the score post ITA. If he still has a great score, let him get back to the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by enesty(m): 11:47am On Feb 07, 2021
Hello gurus
Please I need an answer

enesty:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by okpanachil: 11:50am On Feb 07, 2021
bishopbusayo1:
I actually did 2 weeks ago o got a mail that my profile is not eligible I submitted a new profile late yesterday night but after submitting the profile I got the same mail that my profile is not eligible and I successfully completed the eligibility questionnaire, I was confirmed eligible before It availed me to move forward and submit the profile. Please what could I have done wrong?

Have you been able to resolve this,I have a similar challenge.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by duni04(m): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hello guys, how's it going?
I'm really curious to know if anyone has any verified info on when next we'll have the FSW or all program draws. I've rummage through the IRCC online portals and the other immigration sites for information on the draws and there's absolute silence. Really strange. Have the draws been suspended indefinitely?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
olamitodotun14:

What do you think?
Send it via webform
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
duni04:
Hello guys, how's it going?
I'm really curious to know if anyone has any verified info on when next we'll have the FSW or all program draws. I've rummage through the IRCC online portals and the other immigration sites for information on the draws and there's absolute silence. Really strange. Have the draws been suspended indefinitely?
Nobody knows but you can send a tweet at IRCC on Twitter and wait for their reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
olamitodotun14:

Thank you for your reply. She said October 8. She’s going attach the two documents with an LOE ASAP. Thank you so much.

If she has gotten through with R10, I think she should be fine, but let her send it regardless. Has she gotten MEP/BIL?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wiskolo: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kindly confirm, at what stage is the R10 check done?
Sulee23:

If she has gotten through with R10, I think she should be fine, but let her send it regardless. Has she gotten MEP/BIL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.