Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

The Fast Of The 9th (tasu'a) And 10th Day(asuuroh) Of Muharram - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Fast Of The 9th (tasu'a) And 10th Day(asuuroh) Of Muharram (405 Views)

The Fasting Of The 9th And 10th Day Of Muharram / Fast Of One Who Had Wet Dream And Ejaculated After Waking Up / The Fast Of The 9th (tasu'a) And 10th Day(asuuroh) Of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fast Of The 9th (tasu'a) And 10th Day(asuuroh) Of Muharram by Lukgaf(m): 5:04am On Aug 28, 2020
Today, the 28th of August is equivalent to the 8th day of Muharrom, 1442AH. So, based on the counting of NSCIA, tomorrow and the next; Saturday and Sunday are the blessed day of Tasu'a and Asuuroh respectively when Fasting is of great benefit.

First of all, it is very important to make it clear that fasting on the day of `Ashura’ – the 10th of Muharram- is of great merits in Islam. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Fasting the day of `Ashura’ (is of great merits), I hope that Allah will accept it as an expiation for (the sins committed in) the previous year” (Muslim)

Also, fasting the 9th of Muharram is highly recommended by the Sunnah. Imam At-Tirmidhi reported that Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) used to say: We should fast on two days: the 9th and 10th of Muharram to distinguish ourselves from the Jewish community. (At-Tirmidhi)

It is the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to fast on the 9th and 10th of Muharram. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him used to fast on the day of `Ashura’. When he came to Madinah, he found out that the Jews of Madinah were also fasting on this day remembering Prophet Musa (peace and blessings be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) admired this tradition and said to the Jews, “I am closer to Musa than you are.” He fasted and he also told his Companions to fast on this day.

Later, before the end of his life, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told Muslims to add the 9th day also. Thus, it is recommended to fast on both the 9th and 10th of Muharram.

Moreover, in the well-known book, Fiqh As-Sunnah, the late Sheikh Sayyed Sabiq states:

Abu Hurayrah reported: “I asked the Prophet: ‘Which Prayer is the best after the obligatory Prayers?’ He said: ‘Prayer during the mid of the night.’ I asked: ‘Which fasting is the best after that of Ramadan?’ He said, ‘The month of Allah that you call Muharram’”(Ahmad, Muslim, and Abu Dawud).

Mu`awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah say:“Concerning the day of `Ashura’, it is not obligatory upon you to fast on it as I do. Whoever wishes may fast and whoever does not wish to is not obliged to do so” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

It is noteworthy that Muslim scholars have stated that fasting of `Ashura’ is of three levels as follows:

1. fasting for three days, i.e., on the 9th, 10th, and 11th of Muharram (Saturday, Sunday and Monday for this year),

2. fasting the 9th and 10th of Muharram (Saturday and Sundayfor this year), and

3. fasting only the 10th of Muharram (Sunday for this year).

Source: Islamic online

Brethren, my Allah make it easy for you and I, please, do let us fast these days. Kindly remind others too to get plenty reward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fast Of The 9th (tasu'a) And 10th Day(asuuroh) Of Muharram by Kherdija(f): 6:12am On Aug 28, 2020
Ameen ya Rabbi.
May the Almighty Allah help us in strengthening our iman and Also Accept good deeds of All muslims.

1 Like

Re: The Fast Of The 9th (tasu'a) And 10th Day(asuuroh) Of Muharram by iamgenius(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Aamin. BaarakaLlahu feekum

(1) (Reply)

Mudirul Markaz And The Alsunnah / ‘Aqeedah Of Muhammad bn ‘Aliyy Jabata / Fact All Muslims Should Know About Jinns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.