Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? (709 Views)

Buhari’s 2003 Poster Condemning Globetrotting Goes Viral / Army Tells Amaechi “parade Has Changed Gear” / Chronology Of Buhari's Political Career &His Running Mates 2003, 2007, 2011,2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by againstGEJ(m): 1:05am On Feb 20, 2011
Twice he has been knocked down. What makes the third time any different? Bakare? Or is he desperate to rule again?
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Nsiman(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2011
That is the man who will make history in nigeria as the only man that contested the presidential elections in 3 consecutive times without winning. Oh he will still contest in 2015.
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by redsun(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
Nigeria has never had an election,it has always been ''riggedlection'',hence our continued downward and backward spiral.Not even this coming election is going to be any different,the madness of rigging,cheating and manipulation have already started even at registration level.

Democracy goes hand in hand with mind development and that is one features nigeria lacks now.
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by againstGEJ(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^^

and the same thing is happening with ACN, CPC primaries. So? Where is hope? People think only about the Presidential candidates and forgets the other contestants, arent they the same crop of re cycled politicians?
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Solomon227(m): 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2011
againstGEJ:

^^^

and the same thing is happening with ACN, CPC primaries. So? Where is hope? People think only about the Presidential candidates and forgets the other contestants, arent they the same crop of re cycled politicians?

Yah we think about the presidential candidate because we know what we actually practise in Nigeria is a Unitary Govt where the central government controls and dictate what happens down the ladder to the ward level.

Buhari has not been lossing the election like u posited, OBJ/PDP have only being rigging their ways through. If only legally-caste votes had been counted in those elections Buhari would at least succeeded in getting a re-run election in 1 of d contests.

But this time around those of us who want genuine positive change in our fatherland will do everything to have Jonathan and his friends out of the seat of power in May.
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Muza(m): 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
what has changed is that now, Nigerians need change like never before. . .and are hoping that the election does not get rigged like previous ones
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Nsiman(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
@ solomon, u dey yearn rust! So if gej is voted u'll go and perform abracadabra to get hin ousted? Wake up
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Solomon227(m): 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2011
Nsiman:

@ solomon, u dey yearn rust! So if gej is voted u'll go and perform abracadabra to get hin ousted? Wake up

I have woken up Nsiman. I used to be a die-hard supporter of GEJ but he has shown he lacks the wherewithal and characters to turn a bad situation into a good one. I hate killing GEJ tolerate killing. I hate corruption, GEJ encourages it. I like honesty, GEJ is consistently inconsistent. I like actions that bring results GEJ is . i want an economically stable and strong Naija GEJ is importing dust-bin from UK. I want my President to be treated with respect globally, I feel uncomfortable whenever I see GEJ on CNN or BBC interviews.

Like the Arabians that love their country more than personal or ethnic gains I want to see my country led by a leader of high integrity and focus. I want a leader I can be proud of anywhere I am in the world. I want a leader that will send shiver down the spines of looters in Govt. A leader that will not think twice before punishing a killer appropriately.

GEJ is not fit to be a leader.

Vote wisely [size=20pt]Buhari/Bakare 2011[/size]for the future of our children
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Nsiman(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
@ solomon, no politician aspiring that dn't bebave as a child as if they dn't knw what they are doing. Let me bet u that shld buhari win, all his mouth watering that he will do whatever to corrup past officials of govt will be pocketed because those guys make up the national council on states where major decisions are made, and if he wants to over rule their tho't they will call for his impeachment. So a politician is a politician
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Righton: 3:13am On Feb 21, 2011
Nsiman:

@ solomon, no politician aspiring that dn't bebave as a child as if they dn't knw what they are doing. Let me bet u that shld buhari win, all his mouth watering that he will do whatever to corrup past officials of govt will be pocketed because those guys make up the national council on states where major decisions are made, and if he wants to over rule their tho't they will call for his impeachment.  So a politician is a politician
You must have been listening to Jonathan TOO much. That is the impression he gave when he was asking for time to conclude the issue of the minimum wage
The national council of states is just an ADVISORY body. The president can ignore their advice
Impeachment! by past heads of state? That is treason. Forget about Buhari. If the NCS members cross the president, they will lose their pensions and other privileges so fast they will come round. Why did they not try it with Obj?
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by GOODYDAVE: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2011
A whole lot has changed, for instance our patience with PDP has run out. 12 yrs of massive looting has removed our fears for BUHARI and made us appraise the man based purely on merits. And what did we find? We found a man of real honesty and intergrity. We found truly a we can trust. A man that can be relied on to tell the truth. My dear, in all honesty he is the real fresh air 2011! So my dear a lot has changed
Re: Buhari - 2003, 2007, 2011 - What Has Changed? by Godmann(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
I am with you.

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The First Lady / Fashola On Twitter / Madumere, 18 Others Remanded In Prison Custody: Over Attempt Murder.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.