Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall (31736 Views)

Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs / Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year / Burna Boy’s "Twice As Tall" Album Launched In London (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by thoniann(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mophasa:
Burna Boy's #TWICEASTALL album is actually a world class project as it was properly put together!

It is currently topping charts in 54 countries across the world as well as setting a new record on the billboard charts for African artists. ..

The features on the album were very strategic and exceptional as well as perfectly executed to meet world class standards, cutting across Europe, America and Africa.

This is what really caught my interest, the features and collaborations, Puff daddy Executive producing the album was an act of genius from Burna boy and his team.

From Chris Martins of the award winning British band coldplay (Monsters you made) and the talented Stormzy (Real life) representing the Great Britain, To the legendary Yossou Ndour from Senegal (Twice as tall) repping Eastern Africa , Souti Soul (Time flies) repping southern Africa to Naughty by Nature, P.diddy and Timbaland (On naughty by nature & Production credits) rooting for America , it actually made the album very sophisticated to reach out to every corner of the earth that f^cks with afro beats.

The album is already breaking new grounds and setting new records for African music in the international market.

The PR and promotions for the album can never be over emphasized as his team actually put in a great work.

There is actually a lot to learn from this as Twice as tall will definitely get more than one nominations at the 2021 Grammy awards and winning it will definitely make The Port-Harcourt born Burna boy the greatest artist of his generation.

Prince
PR strategist

You seem not to know your Geography @OP. So Senegal is now in East Africa abi? Idiot.

Sauti Sol are now South Africans too right?

Na waaaa
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Happyfela(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Gibberish. It even had 77 likes. Tueh
deepwater:
Op

I stopped reading when I saw this line below

Puff daddy Executive producing the album was an act of genius from Burna boy and his team.

Simply because I do not want to hear more from some one who knows nothing about "westernization"

First off, any monkey with money will get Sean john combs produce his fcking album.

This is what happened to Burna boy, he was stripped off his originality, he was made to loose touch with the music genre of his people. Burna craved for acceptance, he needed to do things the western way to get accepted !

He did not release a good album, he released what the west wanted...

And for the Grammys, trust me it means nothing!

Create your own award for your own kind of songs, enough of pleasing the whites. We accepted their names, their music, their religion, their educatio their everything and we say we wan grow!!!

How??

Remember Dbanj, wizkid, davido once had their own International stint right....it is Burna boy time now..it is called use and dump!

Most of these foreign peeps are not relevant in today's American musics. They are trying to reach out to greener lands to feed.
But as e be we dey like rest oyibo things pass.

Make I hear say Japanese or Chinese musicians they fight for Grammy. Who Grammy epp
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Saig: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
People really hype nonsense in this world, especially in this side of the globe called Africa and Nigeria in particular. Good content doesn't always sell. People like 2face, Asa, Brymo ...should be the ones mentioned when talking about good music, music that stands the test of time but folks prefer stupid noise
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Saig: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
People really hype nonsense in this world, especially in this side of the globe called Africa and Nigeria in particular. Good content doesn't always sell. People like 2face, Asa, Brymo ...should be the ones mentioned when talking about good music, music that stands the test of time but folks prefer stupid noise
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Iceyjayzz(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Queenlovely:
Nigeria music are not evergreen.

I mean songs that are immortal,

songs you can listen to after 67 years and it will still be fresh.

highest one month it will be replaced with another latest noise.. that's why I respect ASA, two face, fela.

American music and movies are never stale.
no wonder they win Grammy, back to back

I listened to the burna music and it was a stupidly worded lyrics, my gateman would have done better
Don't be Foolish, what have you achieved in your miserable life tell me.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by henrysolution(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
Queenlovely:

highest one month it will be replaced with another latest noise.. that's why I respect ASA, two face, fela.

I listened to the burna music and it was a stupidly worded lyrics, my gateman would have done better

I see you're a man of culture as well.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Besto(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
ExBanker:
Bro I read thru ur post looking for the lessons. You just dey yarn smoke

Better smoke

1 Like

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
deepwater:

First off, any monkey with money will get Sean john combs produce his fcking album.

I agree. It is all about the Benjamins, after all.

This is what happened to Burna boy, he was stripped off his originality, he was made to loose touch with the music genre of his people. Burna craved for acceptance, he needed to do things the western way to get accepted !

I disagree. I have never understood it when people claim an African won a Western award simply by doing what the West wanted. What does the West want? Angelique Kidjo has 4 Grammy awards, and her style has been consistent. Her music is always replete with sounds from instruments, many of them native to Africa and her tribe. Yet, she remained a very well respected figure in international music. The West found her deserving, not because she did what they wanted. She never sang like Celine Dion or dressed like Whitney Houston. She did her thing, sang largely in her mother tongue, and dressed in native attires.

I disagree. The Grammy is the most coveted award in the world of music.

Create your own award for your own kind of songs, enough of pleasing the whites. We accepted their names, their music, their religion, their educatio their everything and we say we wan grow!!!

Every country has its own lists of awards. But award pass award. One award will always shadow the rest. In this case, it is the Grammy.

How??

Remember Dbanj, wizkid, davido once had their own International stint right....it is Burna boy time now..it is called use and dump!

Every musician has his time. It is not use and dump. You cannot always be at the top because the music industry is very very competitive.

Most of these foreign peeps are not relevant in today's American musics. They are trying to reach out to greener lands to feed.

Everyone wants to earn money primarily. Even Floyd Mayweather has returned to boxing as a promoter. Mike Tyson is coming out of retirement. Evander Holyfield too is hinting on coming out of retirement. These men want to make money primarily. Nothing bad about that.

Make I hear say Japanese or Chinese musicians they fight for Grammy. Who Grammy epp

Who told you Japanese and Chinese musicians don't want the Grammy?

Even the likes of Jet Li and Jackie Chan collaborated with Hollywood film studios many times in their acting career. It gave them far more global reach, and more money.

It is all business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by henrysolution(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

Lack of Lyrical depth... A true dearth of prime and pure artistry!!!

This is what I have been talking about! The main reason I stopped listening to Nigerian music since ASA, Nneka, and others.

The industry has been besieged by charlatans and noisemakers!!!

I see you're also a man of culture.

Asa is still very much around. Am currently listening to the LUCID album
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by seanwilliam(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
That chioma's puppet
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by poiunt: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
DrayZee:

You say the album is a flop in Nigeria. See below. That list is updated everyday and Burnaboy has always been on top of it since the album came out.

It’s like you think the value of music is on how many people are making noise about it. A whole lot of people listen to it. That they’re not making noise everywhere doesn’t mean they’re not listening.

Apple music isnt the standard, the radio and tv music stations are.

How many people know about apple music in Nigeria

Let me just tell you one secret, you see all those ranking, they are all fake and done by the record labels, they upload and also buy the songs for it to rank.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by PrinceBBN279: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Burna Boy is Goid

1 Like

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by mrdharkchild(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
BhumiePedro21:
and it's that trash that you feel like that you really are... You lack the ability to know good music... Its your type thst listen to foreign music due to peer pressure without hearing the lyrics�
I love content, Bruv.
Its y I'm an Eminem and j. cole fan.
U say that album got content?
Then you stand not on d side of content.
You're empty
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by DrayZee: 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
poiunt:

Apple music isnt the standard, the radio and tv music stations are.

How many people know about apple music in Nigeria

Let me just tell you one secret, you see all those ranking, they are all fake and done by the record labels, they upload and also buy the songs for it to rank.
Lol...okay nau. Imagine album that I and a lot of people I know listen to everyday...album that gets better the more you listen to it...album that most of the songs have an actual message behind them...and you can still vibe to the music on top...some people will come online and start saying it’s trash, if you ask them to say one line of any song now, they don’t know a single one.
This is all hate tbh. One inconsequential here said “stupidly worded lyrics” that her gateman can sing better. But when another person releases song that is just one word on repeat or “baby do this, baby do that”, they have no problem with it.
Anyone who hates Burna should be straightforward about. Nigerians can’t do without hate, I understand...but attacking his music is just premium stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by DrayZee: 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
mrdharkchild:

I love content, Bruv.
Its y I'm an Eminem and j. cole fan.
U say that album got content?
Then you stand not on d side of content.
You're empty
So all the songs there have no content. Lol.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by peterantai(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Davido.

Davido is good and all, I love his music but I have to say this he songs doesn't have that story vibe it doesn't.

This is why I think burna boy is the best musician to come out Africa. And the greatest ��‍♂️

1 Like

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by AmuDimpka: 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mophasa:
Burna Boy's #TWICEASTALL album is actually a world class project as it was properly put together!

It is currently topping charts in 54 countries across the world as well as setting a new record on the billboard charts for African artists. ..

The features on the album were very strategic and exceptional as well as perfectly executed to meet world class standards, cutting across Europe, America and Africa.

This is what really caught my interest, the features and collaborations, Puff daddy Executive producing the album was an act of genius from Burna boy and his team.

From Chris Martins of the award winning British band coldplay (Monsters you made) and the talented Stormzy (Real life) representing the Great Britain, To the legendary Yossou Ndour from Senegal (Twice as tall) repping Eastern Africa , Souti Soul (Time flies) repping southern Africa to Naughty by Nature, P.diddy and Timbaland (On naughty by nature & Production credits) rooting for America , it actually made the album very sophisticated to reach out to every corner of the earth that f^cks with afro beats.

The album is already breaking new grounds and setting new records for African music in the international market.

The PR and promotions for the album can never be over emphasized as his team actually put in a great work.

There is actually a lot to learn from this as Twice as tall will definitely get more than one nominations at the 2021 Grammy awards and winning it will definitely make The Port-Harcourt born Burna boy the greatest artist of his generation.

Prince
PR strategist

now this is world class...o boy see names! asit stand now,Burna is the best

while some tiwa is blaming patriarchy
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by AmuDimpka: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
peterantai:
Davido.

Davido is good and all, I love his music but I have to say this he songs doesn't have that story vibe it doesn't.

This is why I think burna boy is the best musician to come out Africa. And the greatest ��‍♂️

exactly...davido has a lot of growing up to do...

he sings well shaaa...he would evolve

1 Like

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Abimbola007(m): 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sauti sol are ghanaians, from west africa not southern africa
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by medolab90(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
Abimbola007 post=93365034[b:
[/b]]Sauti sol are ghanaians[b][/b], from west africa not southern africa

Kenyans rather.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Stanleyville(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Queenlovely:

Shut'd f**kup

1 Like

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by femi4: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
Queenlovely:

That album na crap
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
safarigirl:

Sauti Sol is an East African band from Kenya
I thought I'd be the only one to notice, and Senegal is a west African country not East as the op claims.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by liveyourlife007(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
I keep saying this
Burna's lyrics is not the typical Nigerian lyrics you listen to everyday. That's why it is easy for him to flow with the international waves.
Someone mentioned who Grammy help? Like wtf! What's to show that you are good when you don't leave your comfort zone.
The dude is the best thing that has happened to African music as a whole, of course with respect to the likes of Wizkid, 2 baba and Olamide.

International recognition, in this case, Grammy, means you are not a Local champion.

When I was in Primary 5, my big sis advised that I write common entrance and get admission to college , but I insisted I wanted to get to primary 6,so I will become SP. She looked at me and smiled, "so you actually want to become a local champion?"
She's dead now and I am always grateful for that Life Lesson she taught me.

1 Like

Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by poiunt: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
DrayZee:

Lol...okay nau. Imagine album that I and a lot of people I know listen to everyday...album that gets better the more you listen to it...album that most of the songs have an actual message behind them...and you can still vibe to the music on top...some people will come online and start saying it’s trash, if you ask them to say one line of any song now, they don’t know a single one.
This is all hate tbh. One inconsequential here said “stupidly worded lyrics” that her gateman can sing better. But when another person releases song that is just one word on repeat or baby do this, baby do that, they have no problem with it.
Anyone who hates Burna should be straightforward about. Nigerians can’t do without hate, I understand...but attacking his music is just premium stupidity.

you are a fan of his music does not mean everyone is a fan no matter the message behind the song

The album is not targeted to the Nigerian market, i listened to one song from the album, monster you made, Nigerians wont feel the song

Present day Nigerians listeners are not used to that type of sound, so its gonna be boring for them.

Music is business not emotions to the executive who want to make money after investment.

Nigerians are the dancing and vibrating types, that is why rnb and other genres of music dont get big here, present day music lovers want something they can dance to not some political songs. as long that the beats is dancable and the lyrics are catchy, people will dance to the song and it will be everywhere.

The song was produced outside nigeria, how many american producers understand nigeria or africa taste...none only african producers under their markets.

The album might do well abroad but in Nigeria NO
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Happyfela(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Tueh people yapa
deepwater:
Op

I stopped reading when I saw this line below

Puff daddy Executive producing the album was an act of genius from Burna boy and his team.

Simply because I do not want to hear more from some one who knows nothing about "westernization"

How??

It has over a 100 likes
What u gonna do now?
Kill yourself undecided
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by DrayZee: 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
poiunt:

you are a fan of his music does not mean everyone is a fan no matter the message behind the song

The album is not targeted to the Nigerian market, i listened to one song from the album, monster you made, Nigerians wont feel the song

Present day Nigerians listeners are not used to that type of sound, so its gonna be boring for them.

Music is business not emotions to the executive who want to make money after investment.

Nigerians are the dancing and vibrating types, that is why rnb and other genres of music dont get big here, present day music lovers want something they can dance to not some political songs. as long that the beats is dancable and the lyrics are catchy, people will dance to the song and it will be everywhere.

The song was produced outside nigeria, how many american producers understand nigeria or africa taste...none only african producers under their markets.

The album might do well abroad but in Nigeria NO

Everyone can’t be a fan. I know that. That doesn’t give them the right to not listen to an album but try to trash it, it remains stupidity.
The album has music for gbedu (Comma and Alarm Clock), it has for life messages (No Fit Vex, Monsters You Made), it has for self hype (Bank on It, Wettin dey Sup, Way Too Big).
At least, even if you don’t care about any of those, anybody that listens to Time Flies and called it trash definitely has a problem. Monsters You Made barely begins to define that album...it’s not even in my top 5 best songs there.

Also...if you’ve listened to Burna Boy enough, you’ll know that you can’t predict his sound. Don’t start thinking anyone influenced anything he sang. He just starts singing on a beat...he doesn’t really write much...it just flows.
L.I.F.E is very different from Outside, those two are very different from African Giant, and all of them are very different from Twice As Tall.
Try and compare Heavens Gate to Streets of Africa...or Ye...you can’t predict Burnaboys style. He doesn’t have a style. He’s just Burnaboy.
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by BhumiePedro21(m): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
vioment:

Inferiority complex without logic na him dey worry you. So because say na burna boy I no go fit judge wetin him carry come peoples court as per him album. Receive brain abeg. That album na thrash.
lol see judge bashiru...... What do you really know as per music in the first place.. Some of you jus come online and talk trash and dust... Have you anchored a project fame before... Lola, what do you know about afro
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by BhumiePedro21(m): 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

Calm down and allow him voice his opinion...

I won't go as far as calling Burna's album trash, but it is certainly neither classy nor mind blowing to my musical ears and sense!!!

...And please, it is no peer pressure to call the following lyrical masterpieces:

1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
2. Billie Eillish - No Time to Die
3. Dare Art Alade - Not the Girl
4. Nicki Minaj - Right Thru Me
5. Kirk Franklin - Strong God
6. Rihanna - Stay

Just to mention a few!!!
you try
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Pegi23(f): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
DrayZee:

No you're not. Your guys are all over this thread. Whose type of music do you like by the way?

My babies. Simi ,tiwa Savage and yemi alade
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by DrayZee: 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pegi23:

My babies. Simi ,tiwa Savage and yemi alade
Hmm...and what about your favorite male artists?
Re: What Artists Should Learn From Burna Boy's New Album Twice As Tall by Pegi23(f): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
DrayZee:

Hmm...and what about your favorite male artists?

Joe boy,rema,fire boy,omah lay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Full Album: Kizz Daniel – No Bad Songz (NBS) / 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time / Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.