Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo (8161 Views)

APC Reconciliation Team Visits Kwara To Unite Governor Abdulrazak, Lai Mohammed / Obaseki, Shaibu’s Supporters Reject APC Reconciliation Panel / APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by okefrancis: 12:21am On Aug 29, 2020
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, received Governors Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa and Simon Lalong of Plateau in a bid to unite members of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Imo, Ogun and Oyo States.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the APC recently inaugurated a five-member reconciliation committee chaired by Badaru, to reconcile aggrieved members of the party in Imo and Ogun States.

Other members of the committee are Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State and Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State.

Badaru spoke with State House correspondents after meeting with the vice president. “I met with the Vice President as a party leader to discuss the assignment that the party has given to me to see how best we can unite and make the party strong in Imo, Ogun and Oyo.

“I briefed him on what we have done so far and he gave us some suggestions on how to do the job very well.

“In addition to that, I briefed him today for the zero oil committee; we met today and we are charting our progress and a new agenda for the development of non-oil exports.

“It is just to make sure that the party is strong and is back again and if there are ripples among members of the party; bring them together and make sure we have one strong and powerful party,” he said.

For his part, Lalong said that the meeting with the Vice President was in continuation of the committee’s assignment to reconcile the parties.

According to the governor, the committee has started the reconciliation work concerning Imo, Ogun and Oyo states but the vice president’s input is needed.

“We need some information from him to also assist us in reconciling the parties; that was why we came here to consult him.

“As a very senior party man, he can always give advice; he gave his own advice on how to go about it because he is very much interested in reconciliation within the party; to guide us.

“So, we have taken the advice and we are going back; especially, one of the states is his state; he is from Ogun.

“And as part of the reconciliation, he is also from Ogun; you cannot do reconciliation without consulting him; he knows everybody that is there; he knows part of the problems that are there; so, he can always give us advice as to how to go about it,” he said.

Lalong said that as the Chairman of Northern Governors’ Forum, consultations were being made to resolve the Southern Kaduna crisis.

He said he had issued a statement in respect to the crisis condemning the crisis and also calling for calm and proper investigation.

“What happened in Southern Kaduna also happened in Plateau State before. “In addition to that, on my own, I had a meeting with some Southern Kaduna people and I went back to the governor.

“Two days ago, I was in Kaduna to inform the governor that we are having meetings; that we will help him.

“After consultations, we will still come back and sit down with the governor because we must see the end of this crisis,” he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/apc-reconciliation-badaru-lalong-brief-osinbajo/amp/

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Naturopathic: 12:25am On Aug 29, 2020
VP osinbajo is a man that always wants peace to reign and ready to work with everyone irrespective of the ethnics

20 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Shooyie: 12:29am On Aug 29, 2020
Peace will be restored shortly. The VP is capable of resolving any issue and always wants peace to reign.

15 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by lapeleke: 5:41am On Aug 29, 2020
2023 will tell...
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by nextBIGthing: 5:42am On Aug 29, 2020
Ok
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by juanjo2: 5:44am On Aug 29, 2020
Check my saggy if you wanna know everything about how to start snail farming business

Thank me later grin grin grin
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by FrankBass281(m): 5:46am On Aug 29, 2020
I just like this man

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by TONIOI: 5:46am On Aug 29, 2020
we hear
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by mayklef(m): 5:46am On Aug 29, 2020
but 1thing i know 4 sure, this demon congested party called APC do not Nigerians at heart, backwardness 4 d comon man is thier top priority
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Olukat(m): 5:48am On Aug 29, 2020
Can there be true reconciliation between 'Lions and Hyenas' fighting over food?
The choice made in 2015 has exposed the country to lack of leadership and senseless looting shocked shocked
There's no peace for the wicked anywhere on earth or hell shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Evercurious(f): 5:49am On Aug 29, 2020
Naturopathic:
VP osinbajo is a man that always wants peace to reign and ready to work with everyone irrespective of the ethnics

Really? He has SUDDENLY become a saint? Abeg You still need more hypo to wash am?

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by hezy4real01(m): 5:49am On Aug 29, 2020
Lalong should keep mute ooo he has not solve issues in his state na Kaduna e won solve... Yeye people
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by chiemmanuel(m): 5:50am On Aug 29, 2020
Who is bankrolling the reconciliation
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Exmilitant(m): 5:51am On Aug 29, 2020
I'll suggest the vp concentrates on the tasks at hand, to revitalised the economy and safe his energy for the big implosion awaiting APC come 2022.
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by OgundeleTeju: 5:52am On Aug 29, 2020
Osinbajo is a peace maker,am sure peace will be restored very soon.thank you Osinbajo

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by ForeThinker: 5:52am On Aug 29, 2020
I forgive people but that doesn’t mean I accept their behavior or trust them again. I forgive them for me, so I can let go and move on with my life.

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 5:57am On Aug 29, 2020
Well, the governors have said it all. His input/ advice in solving this problem and reconciling is highly needed. That tells you how important and much needed he is. His problem solving skills and approach to peace making are just overwhelming. Osinbajo, I Stan the peace maker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Queenlovely(f): 5:58am On Aug 29, 2020
wakanda forever
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Pollosa1: 6:00am On Aug 29, 2020
cheesy
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Fheelzz(m): 6:05am On Aug 29, 2020
Mtçheww who dem hep
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by AFULA(m): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2020
okay
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by sammyj: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2020
grin Let them focus on restoring the nations back to Her glory days and leave all this selfish in fighting abeg. We are tired!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by wallex1983(m): 6:51am On Aug 29, 2020
So Buhari allowed them to go and report to Osinbajo?

I smell gbegiri soup
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 6:55am On Aug 29, 2020
Osinbajo the #Fixer
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by PropertyBuying(f): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2020
The parties just keeo recycling members among themselves grin
Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Niceman4u(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2020
Naturopathic:

I commend him in that regard.
If Osibanjo were the president and Buhari was the VP, there would not ve been much tension in the land.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo by Joylove2324(f): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2020
Osinbajo is just too good, nobody does it better than him. Ride on my future President

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Democracy, Dictatorship Can’t Coexist — Kukah / 2023: South-East Can’t Throw Away 24-Year Investment In PDP – Chidoka (Video) / 16 Facts About Libya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.