Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? (17697 Views)

The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years / Cristiano And Leo: The Race To Become The Greatest Football Player Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by deltateam: 4:49am On Aug 30, 2020
Odunayomi247:
There are some moments in football that sometimes brings tears to our face, sometimes we just open our mouths in shock of the scene before us,some other times football makes us hug even our greatest enemy in excitement

So what is your greatest moment in football guys,that moment that made you do something crazy?

Mine would be man United's comeback against PSG, against all the odds

Mine was when Papillo did a miracle at Atlanta in 1996.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by saxxyb: 5:21am On Aug 30, 2020
Sergio Ramos 92 mins header
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by jaybliss1410(m): 5:25am On Aug 30, 2020
JoffreyBeroth:

May 19 2012
Evergreen night like 2face Africa Queen
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Mtola8: 5:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
I can't say which one is my greatest football moment because it is many, but the worst football moment was the 2005 Ac Millan VS Liverpool UCL finals and AC Milan was leading 3 :0 and under 8 minutes to go, Liverpool score 3 goals to equalize and still win the match by penalties. That was d day I abandoned Seria A. The heartbreak b like earthquake sad

Liverpool didn't score 3 goals under 8 minutes.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Judybash93(m): 6:03am On Aug 30, 2020
Nigeria beating Argentina by 4 goals to 1 in Abuja that year
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Doyou2019: 6:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
I can't say which one is my greatest football moment because it is many, but the worst football moment was the 2005 Ac Millan VS Liverpool UCL finals and AC Milan was leading 3 :0 and under 8 minutes to go, Liverpool score 3 goals to equalize and still win the match by penalties. That was d day I abandoned Seria A. The heartbreak b like earthquake sad

Nah not 8mins to go. The equaliser came in barely 10minutes into the second half.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Djamel(m): 6:30am On Aug 30, 2020
TIMEISWISDOM:
Messi brace u20 against flying eagles. I cried my eyes out that day

That Martin Tyler's commentary:
"it's finished at Sunderland, Manchester United have done enough to secure all 3 points..... Balotelli....aguero.. Ooooooooo!!!!!
I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again, so watch it... Drink it in... "....

R. I. P
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by richardjemedafe1(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2020
this guys almost gave me BP. can u imaging that the are the smallest odds but d almost bleeped me up?

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Sergio Ramos late minute goal against Athletico Madrid in the champions league finger to put the game at 1-1. Diego Someone was already jubilating and urging the Athletico fans to jubilate.

Madrid went on to win that match 4-1. grin grin. I was so happy. I pity Simeone that day sha. And to think that Real Madrid has collected 2 champions league on top Athletico head grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by MrFly(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Mine is

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by leonard153: 7:06am On Aug 30, 2020
Chelsea winning the Champions League at Munich.. Definitely an unforgettable night.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Bobbybrwon(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2020
Manchester city winning the premier league in 2012 courtesy of Kun Sergio aguero stoppage time goal.

Sergio Ramos stoppage time goal against atletico madrid in the champions league final

In fact I LOVE STOPPAGE TIME GOALS,the feeling and the reactions from players and fans is maaaaaadt grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Dackrapper(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2020
Ventura1:
Indomie pikin comments full first page of this thread. Historically, no football competition has gotten Nigerians passionate like Atlanta 1996, especially Nigeria vs Brazil.

For the fact that matches were played in the midnight, people do a lot to stay awake.
My Dad will never talk about heroic football without mentioning Atlanta 96. I was not born yet, I think that was his best moment in football, his worst moment in football was 2006 champions league final,he was an Arsenal fan.

After watching the highlights of Super eagles in Atlanta 96 you'll agree with me that they'll hardly be another super eagle's team better than that one.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by teoo: 7:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Atlanta 96.

Nigeria - Brazil ( 4-3)
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by KnightofMoscow: 7:24am On Aug 30, 2020
The day I scored 2 goals from defence, I played 6 that day and I was the man of the match. I played the match with tears because it was a must win match ...... sighs! We eventually lost the match 4 : 2

Senegal Vs France Korea/Japan world cup... only me in the street was in support of Senegal....I predicted the match 1: 0......UP Senegal
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by kheny12(m): 7:30am On Aug 30, 2020
Africa women nation's cup 2016 final in Cameroon.Nigeria women's team beating the Cameron women's team in front of their home supporters.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by ojaysam25(m): 7:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Nicole21:

The commentary was amazing..
Something close to genius
He has turned the tie around all by himself..
That was a special night cap with a special free kick....wolfburg fans was like this is not human.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by blazepascal(m): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2020
ronaldo bicycle kick
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by siromot(m): 7:43am On Aug 30, 2020
NIGERIA 1 VS 99 INDIA..
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by AbdulCLO: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2020
I can see many likes for Chelsea winning the champions league
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by MuyiRano(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Humanoid01:
Torres' equalizer at camp nou to send Barca packing from the UCL in 2013. Even though Chelsea eventually won the final, that moment still counts as my best 'cause I used to have a Barca supporter as a friend who completely wrote them off before that game.

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by mickeysylva: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Macheda’s late goal against Aston Villa. The match ended 3-2

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by loudsmoker419: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2020
*hits blunt*

I can see that you are a true sport and super eagles fan, that is dope smiley

Checkout our memorable moments here and pls give me a honest feedback wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1n0DKZDE4c

ymstar:
E plenty o

Good ones:
1a. Okocha equalizer in 2004 Nations cup
against Cameroon.

1b. Utaka finishing and winning the match from
kanu assist. (And I learnt my lesson that
whenever opportunity presents itself, I should
quickly utilise it) Ighalo weyrey ni e, I dislike u
and will forever dislike u, though I always pray
for you whenever you want to play for man u.

2a. Liverpool coming back from 3 - 0 against
a.c. Milan, can never forget, I would take that to
my grave. Oloshi ni awon Liverpool yi o, do you
know they did dat to Barcelona too? Liverpool e
nshi ere o.

E plenty o, but make I stop there.

Sad ones:
1a. Afcon 2000 final against Cameroun
Okocha world class, bomb equalizer

Chukwu winner
And later loosing on penalty, I no go school for
the two days, because d following day after d final
was Monday.

1b. Henrik Larsson brace against us in Korea
Japan 2002, really painful, I no wan go school the following day again, my dad beat me, because the day d match was played I was supposed to be in school, was in js3 then, I was really sad because dat was what would determine our qualification to group stage.
Yobo assisted aghahowa and he scored only for Larsson to eliminate us. Brb.

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by MightyHand(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2020
The year Super Falcon beat BARCELONA 8-2
grin grin grin

can someone remind me the Year plsss
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Cashio(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2020
That Gerrard slip against Chelsea. I've never been so heartbroken all my life.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Afritop(m): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Tottenham comeback against Ajax
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by zudozz: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2020
MakyavelitheDon:

This is my far mine and Nigeria's greatest moment in football

U can say that again...
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by cmecproblem(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2020
When Nigeria WIN Brazil...
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by egorov(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Stop giving us burnt dodo. It was not eight minutes to go. Even Alonso's equalising goal was scored in the 60th minute. E dakun
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by egorov(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmatee1816:
instabul 2009 vs Chelsea.....the moment Van Der SAR saved anelka's penalty.evergreen moment.just so sad I have to admit I was supporting 'fergie utd fc' in d disguise of man utd fc'.

It was in Moscow, not instabul
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by egorov(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmatee1816:
instabul 2009 vs Chelsea.....the moment Van Der SAR saved anelka's penalty.evergreen moment.just so sad I have to admit I was supporting 'fergie utd fc' in d disguise of man utd fc'.

And it was 2008. Not 09
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by olorundipe9090: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2020
France 1998[right][/right]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adepoju: Why Argentina Defeated Super Eagles At USA ’94 / Nigeria Beats Sudan 5-0 To Qualify For Egypt U-23 AFCON / Ighalo Wins West Asia Player Of The Month Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.