Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? (17695 Views)

The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years / Cristiano And Leo: The Race To Become The Greatest Football Player Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by SIRTAYLOR(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2020
Mine was 2006
I was very young and quite emotional, I sneaked away from home to watch Arsenal Vs Barcelona final. Arsenal will later go on to lose the match I think after going a goal up courtesy of Campbell. That was the first match i will watch a goalkeeper received a red card.
I went back home that late night and was welcome by factory resetting slaps, the beating that followed was nothing sort of Tyson fury moment of rage against Wilder. I recovered after two days and had to quickly find a court to do affidavit for change of club. 14 years later, here i am a grown Chelsea fan who found redemption and loads of trophy. Smiles!! But i still have soft spot for arsenal and still hold them in high esteem.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Thunday1005(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2020
2012 UCL final. Chelsea Vs Bayern
Drogba penalty. That one of my greatest moment.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by KLand(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Atlanta 96, Our Dream Team winning the Olympic soccer gold.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Emmatee1816(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2020
egorov:

It was in Moscow, not instabul
ooops.my bad.i think Liverpool Vs AC Milan was instabul.thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Emmatee1816(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2020
egorov:

And it was 2008. Not 09
thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Rotji(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
Odunayomi247:
There are some moments in football that sometimes brings tears to our face, sometimes we just open our mouths in shock of the scene before us,some other times football makes us hug even our greatest enemy in excitement

So what is your greatest moment in football guys,that moment that made you do something crazy?

Mine would be man United's comeback against PSG, against all the odds

I have quite a few though

1. Flying Eagles come back against USSR and eventual victory in the Quarter Finals of the 1989 U20 FIFA World Cup

2. Dream Team come back against Brazil in the Semifinals of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

3. Eyimba winning the CAF Champions League Final for the first time

4. Chelsea winning the UEFA Champions league Final
5. Plateau United winning the Nigeria Premier League for the first time.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by emeka1759(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
Sergio ramos equalizer against athletico madrid in champions league final madrid latercwin by 4 goals to 1
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Jena1: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by makeherscream(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2020
My moment of tears

Before John Terry played the last penalty in 2008 champions league finals I was already crying hoping that he miss . I did not watch that John Terry's penalty I backed the TV crying my ass out . The next thing I heard was. ahhhhhhhhhh John Terry don kill me . That moment was full of drama . Tho I was still crying at the same time saying (thank God he miss am) grin

And Andres iniesta last match for Barcelona .I cry that night .my girlfriend was just laughing at me she was like . Why are you crying . You are crying for somebody you doesn't even know you at all . How much he dey pay you wey you dey cry . ... I really love iniesta style of playing football damn . Well am not a Barcelona fan ooo I just love the guy grin

Moment of joy

Manchester United win vs psg in France that night was one of my happiest night on planet Earth

And Barcelona win vs psg mennn that night was damn cool
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by sunkieisland(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
From Quarter Finals of the Atlanta 96 Olympic Tournament to the final was memorable for me.

I remember it with a nostalgic feeling I can shake.

One important memory it brings is my late dad injuring his fingers in the ceiling fan while celebrating the semi-final win against Brazil. I remember the streets of Akure were filled that night after the win.

Memorable
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by beejay85: 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
Humanoid01:
Torres' equalizer at camp nou to send Barca packing from the UCL in 2013. Even though Chelsea eventually won the final, that moment still counts as my best 'cause I used to have a Barca supporter as a friend who completely wrote them off before that game.
Same here...Torres' equalizer brought down d roof of d viewing center that day....simply unforgettable!!
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by ymstar(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
toprealman:

E don really tey wey you don dey shayo!
No be me o,
Emi ko!

But I get passion die

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by ymstar(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
loudsmoker419:
*hits blunt*

I can see that you are a true sport and super eagles fan, that is dope smiley

Checkout our memorable moments here and pls give me a honest feedback wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1n0DKZDE4c

Yes I was

I would like ur channel, no problem about that

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by loudsmoker419: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2020
You were? cheesy

[Qquote author=ymstar post=93422348]

Yes I was

I would like ur channel, no problem about that[/quote]
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Greatzeus(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
Atlanta '96
Nigeria Vs Brazil,the come back from 3-1 to win was epic and historic. The first time that the golden rule was applied in football since it was enacted.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by 77star: 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
Liverpool comeback agaist A.C. Milan
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Bobbybrwon(m): 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
2011 Manchester city vs queen parks rangers
Manchester city premier league trophy in 50years I think
I can re-watch it a million times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adepoju: Why Argentina Defeated Super Eagles At USA ’94 / Nigeria Beats Sudan 5-0 To Qualify For Egypt U-23 AFCON / Ighalo Wins West Asia Player Of The Month Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.