Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain (851 Views)

ISIS Behead 4 Xtain Boys For Refusing Toconvert To Islam (HORRIFYING PHOTOS) / Xtain Friends' Bible Discussion#1 The Parable Of The Unforgiving Servant / Would U Share A Flat With A Gay Dude As A Xtain ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by yommyuk: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
Wise people do not fly off the handle. People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.

Why?

Because anger can cloud Judgement, therefore it is vitally important for the wise to reflect on their actions before responding.

Proverbs 14:16
"The wise are cautious and avoid danger; fools plunge ahead with reckless confidence."

Parts of the bible comments on anger in a negative light, but Scripture overall does not protray all anger as bad. An example can be found in Mark 11 when Jesus Christ demostrated anger as he threw the money changers out of the Temple. Though it is often hard to tell the two apart, Christian must learn to distinguish righteous anger from unrighteous anger. Unrighteous anger is only concerned to protect or promote oneself.

EXAMPLES OF UNRIGHTEOUS ANGER

Genesis 4:5
"But the Lord did not accept Cain and and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he look dejected"

There was nothing wrong with the offering of grain to the Lord as confirmed in Lev 2:14 , but Cain brought only a token gift (some of his crops) which was in contrast to what Abel offered (the best of the firstborn lambs from his flock) However it was Cain 's heart attitude that made his offering inferior to Abel. That is why in Genesis 4:6-7, God did not make reference to the offering of Cain but asked him "why are you so angry?" Why do you look so dejected?" --->>> Hence pointing to the HEART.

I will use the word "MAYBE" if you see another bethern driving a new car, while you are driving a "Tokunbo", What is the condition of your heart?

PROVERBS 15:13
"A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit."

1 SAMUEL 18:6-9

"When the victorious Israelite army was returning home after David had killed the Phillistine, women from all the towns of Israel came out to meet King Saul. They sang and danced for joy with tambourines and cymbals. this was their song:

Saul has killed his thousands
and David his ten thousands!"

This made Saul very angry. "What's this?" he said. "They credit David with ten thousands and me with only thousands. Next they will be making him their king!" So from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David.

Are U one of those who consider another brethern a threat? Just becos a brother/Sister has a better job, gets more pay, lives in a bigger house? Are you jealous leading you to feel angry anytime you come across THEM. -- Get rid of that UNRIGHTEOUS ANGER NOW!

A christian can cultivate righteous anger by reflecting a godly hatred of evil and love of justice.

Romans 9:22-23
"In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory."

CONCLUSION
A wise Christian reads the circumstances and discerns whether and to what degree to express anger.

In some instances, some people will try their best to destroy you, but fret not, because the word of God says in ROMANS 12:19-21

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,

"I will take revenge,
I will pay them back,"
Says the LORD.

THIS IS WHAT MATURE XTIANS DO cool

"If your eneies are hungry, feed them.
If you are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this,you will heap burning coals of SHAME ON THEIR HEADS."

Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

God bless wink
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by Jenwitemi(m): 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2011
Tell me something!  shocked   

FYI, anger is bad for all kinds of people, and not just for christians. Try getting out of your religious cocoon for a few seconds and see the rest of humanity.
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by yommyuk: 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2011
Tell me something! FYI, anger is bad for all kinds of people, and not just for christians. [s]Try getting out of your religious cocoon for a few seconds [/s] and see the rest of humanity.

Apart from the strike off above, the rest are valid points.

Thanks Jenwitemi cool
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by Jenwitemi(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
The strike off is also valid. Christians do not make the entire humanity. I hope you realize that.
yommyuk:

Apart from the strike off above, the rest are valid points.

Thanks Jenwitemi cool
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by yommyuk: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2011
Christians do not make the entire humanity. I hope you realize that.

Agreed cool
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by Jenwitemi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2011
Good. At least that shows that you are still in touch with reality. If you can't do without belonging to a particular group to identify yourself with, you should be happy to know that you belong to the "humanity" group which is far far greater in importance and relevance than the "christianity" group will ever be, and that makes you, first and foremost and most importantly, A HUMAN. That is your most important earthly ID. So, try and do more for humanity than the tiny little christianity group that was imposed upon you by treacherous white colonialists via your ancestors. As a member of humanity, you are bigger than the ID christianity gives you. So think bigger than the confines christianity tries to put you in, bro, because you are much more than being a mere christian and believe it or not, that was what Jesus was trying to put across. Think more on humanity scale, and if possible, beyond.  smiley
yommyuk:

Agreed cool
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by yommyuk: 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2011
Good. At least that shows that you are still in touch with reality. So, try and do more for humanity. As a member of humanity, you are bigger than the ID christianity gives you. So think bigger than the confines christianity tries to put you in, bro, because you are much more than being a mere christian and believe it or not, that was what Jesus was trying to put across. Think more on humanity scale, and if possible, beyond.
EDITED

Valid point cool

first and foremost and most importantly, A HUMAN. That is your most important earthly ID.

I am even thinking beyond the earth. I am thinking more importantly about "HEAVEN" which is my eternal home.
I beseech that you do the same.

"What will it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul" undecided
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by Jenwitemi(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
Thinking of heaven is thinking about what lies in the future and that serves no purpose, unless you like to fantasize. I am more about the present moment where life and the living is. Focusing on the present moment and concentrating on living it totally is what i am only interested in and not wasting my time with the past and the future which do not exist but as mere thoughts in my head. God is a living entity, meaning that it exists only in the present moment where life is.

So, sorry, mate, not interested in the future heaven, but the heaven in the NOW. And you would be wise to do the same. Take care of your future by living the present moment fuly and totally.
yommyuk:

I am even thinking beyond the earth. I am thinking more importantly about "HEAVEN" which is my eternal home.
I beseech that you do the same.

"What will it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul" undecided

Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2011
anger has its uses but i agree its not always good for a christian to be seen as an angry person.
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by yommyuk: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2011
Thinking of heaven is thinking about what lies in the future and that serves no purpose, unless you like to fantasize .

Really? Thinking about heaven for me is about planning for the future by making wise choices that will enable me to live a life that God will approve hence making me a candidate of Heaven. It may sound Jurassic park to you, fairplay! but to me it is ETERNAL LIFE in peace.

I am more about the present moment where life and the living is.

Your choice bro. We are living in a free world. "whatever u sow, that u shall reap" cool.
Focusing on the present moment and concentrating on living it totally is what i am only interested in and not wasting my time with the past and the future which do not exist but as mere thoughts in my head.

Absolutely, the past has gone, can never be recovered and focusing on the present moment is wise. But ignoring the future is foolish,because whatever we do in our past and present can have a great impact on our future.

As for me, I will make the best use of the present by acknowledging that my present life will have a big say in my future. That is a fact of life.

God is a living entity, meaning that it exists only in the present moment where life is
You are entitled to your own opinion, kudos.

My God is the God of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. "As he was in the begining, He is now and forever shall be"

So, sorry, mate, not interested in the future heaven, but the heaven in the NOW. And you would be wise to do the same. Take care of your future by living the present moment fuly and totally.
Kare! Omo jaye jaye cool
Do not worry about me, Kid.
I am living the good life. No doubt about that tongue
Re: Why "anger" Is Not Good For A Xtain by HISservant: 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
I agree, praise The LORD GOD!

"Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil." Psalm 37:8

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." James 1:19-21

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Died? Not In My Name! / Treatment Of Spinal Cord Injury (sci) / Why Can't Gayism And Fornication Taken As The Same,if All Sins Are Equal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.