Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract (24264 Views)

Inter Milan ‘to Terminate’ Eriksen’s Contract Six Months After Cardiac Arrest / Ozil Set To Terminate His Arsenal Contract And Move To Fenerbache / Atlético Madrid, Diego Costa Agree To Terminate Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by oshozondii: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Barcelona must pay €14 million (£12m/$17m) to cancel Luis Suarez’s current contract, according to areport.

A new era is being ushered in at Camp Nou under Ronald Koeman, who replaced Quique Setien in the managerial hot seat following a humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in last season’s Champions League quarter-finals.

The Dutchman has already started making plans for his first year at the helm, with wholesale changes to the squad expected after the club’s first trophyless season in 12 years.

Lionel Messi could be the first out the door in the coming weeks, as the six-time Ballon d’Or winner has submitted a formal transfer request amid interest from Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

It was gathered that Suarez is also being touted for the exit, having been informed by Koeman over the phone that he does not feature in his plans for the upcoming campaign.

The Uruguayan striker is contracted to remain at Camp Nou until next summer, but is open to an early exit after being deemed surplus to requirements.

However, Suarez intends to continue training with the Barca squad until the club decides whether to cancel his contract, which will cost them a total of €14m in compensation fees.

The 33-year-old will leave Catalonia as a free agent if he is released, with Goal reporting that five clubs have already officially registered their interest in his services.

Suarez spoke out on his future via social media last week in the wake of comments from his former lawyer Alejandro Balbi, who suggested that the frontman’s next move will hinge on the path Messi decides to take.

“There are people talking about me or on my behalf when I have not had a relationship with them for years,” Suarez said. “When I need to speak, I’ll speak for myself.”

The Barca forward has been linked with a return to Ajax and a possible move to MLS with Inter Miami, and Goal has reported that he has also been offered to Italian giants Juventus.

Suarez joined up with the Blaugrana from Liverpool back in 2014, and has since scored 198 goals in 283 appearances for the club. That puts the Uruguay international third in Barca’s all-time top scorer’s list, with only legendary figures Cesar Rodriguez Alvarez and Messi boasting higher tallies.

Suarez has won 13 major trophies during his time at Camp Nou, including four La Liga titles and the Champions League.

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/barcelona-pay-e14-terminate-luis-suarez-contract-315496/amp?__twitter_impression=true

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by ExBanker: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
grin grin grin

After paying 5million Euros to Liverpool for Coutinho. It is clear that in Barcelona's bid to challenge Real Madrid, they went about signing terrible contracts

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by bhella10: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Everything that could go wrong.... I 8-2 to say this is a Domino effect from that tsunami.. grin

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by DancingSkeleton(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Barca don enter grin

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Chimezie198(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Drama club ..

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by oluwatosink: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Just because of the 8-2 loss. grin

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by PureGoldh(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
The bills wey Barcelona need to clear no be here ooh

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Teewhy2: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
The man should just move to MLS and chop his money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by money121(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Martinez39s(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
A club in shambles.

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by ManishSmith(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
They should just pay me 6000£ my body go sweet

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by emeijeh(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
Let the biting commence!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by StarGraphic(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nawao

Get your professional business 3D logo for just 3k only and get all the following.
1, Watermark(transparent background logo)
2. 3D logo mockup
3. PDF file of your logo
4. JPEG file and raw file of your logo
5. Tutorials on how you can add your logo to pictures or videos.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by oluwatosink: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
ExBanker:
grin grin grin

After paying 5million Euros to Liverpool for Coutinho. It is clear that in Barcelona's bid to challenge Real Madrid, they went about signing terrible contracts
Lol.
Barca and Madrid are the same in laliga . Their main aim is to win the Ucl

7 Likes

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by bluefilm: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Abeg who Barcelona offend bikonu?

See as wahala just come full gidigba for dia side.

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
The Barca board has made a lot of mistakes in the past and are still making mistakes.
The honourable solution here is to allow both Suarez n Messi's contract to run down naturally.
Barca president n all those involved in those shambolic deals of the last 5 season need to be jailed for being a crook n visionless.
However the one wey vex me is the Messi issue.
That midget dictating anything.
I know what he wanted to go n do.
He said he want to win the next two ballon dors & it's Guardiola than can help him win it.
He want Guardiola to be coach of PSG or if Neymar can move to Manchester City.
Shey he watched Barca's destiny on babalawo satellite and they said Barca can't be great again or he can't win ballon dor n trophies there? That boy no even know how to win world cup with Argentina. Maradona ll just be looking at him like mumu now.

Messi's suffering from spiritual attack. He now has menstrual pains

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Centcanada: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Okey. Next please
Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Tobinrobin(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
I wonder who draws up close contracts at Barcelona. Kept putting them in ditches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by InventTech: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Suarez is not really FC Barcelona's problem.

Barcelona operates a default player-switch 4-3-3 formation, keeping the ball on the ground, penetrating through the outside box towards goal.

Suarez still has that lethal spark and will devastate any defence with his cunningness if given little space - refer to his goal against Bayern.

FCB major problem is not being able to balance tiki-taka and high intensity football, and teams who have adapted to the later will still rip them apart if they don't modify their tactics.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Bought this space for spiritual attack

Yes attacks on dullard Barca and Messi fans who doesn't know that Messi has erred and should respect Barca by seeing out his contract.
If you quote me without sense, I ll make sure you turn to Messi's houseboy and he ll use you like Barca is using him. He drag you around when you want to leave as Barca is dragging him. Try me

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Bsure: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
e don happen grin grin oh my barca
Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Samsimple(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Barcelona are the architect of their own palava

Meanwhile, check my signature

2 Likes

For sale. For only Pessi fans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by m140(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by spiceadole: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
Suarez has been phenomenal for Barcelona..

And this is how they wanna part ways with him?

In a malicious manner?

Na wa oh

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by Xavie(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
Trying times for Barcelona. I heard grezman is leaving too

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Must Pay €14 Million To Terminate Luis Suarez Contract by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
ExBanker:
grin grin grin

even Madrid was crazy at some point

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osimhen Sent Off As Napoli Lose To Roma / Europa League Trophy Stolen And Recovered / New Stylish Photos Of Cynthia Uwak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.