Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) (31838 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Construction Of American International Hospital, Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Charlex23(m): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
Live your life like you'll die tomorrow. The fact remains that you might die b4 tomorrow. It's never promised. Rest in peace to the deceased
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by EXOUSIAng: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
Badonasty:
This life sha...they should weed out the person selling the kerosine
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Abusadiq01(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ordinary Kero faa!

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by RightChannel: 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
Gas Na Problem, Kerosene Na Problem. Make We Dey Use Petrol Den For Cooking

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
Using kerosene lantern is a no brainer.
First is the poisonous gas it emits,
Secondly , kerosene is very expensive
third, is the risk of explosion and fourth, kerosene lamp is not good for the eyes.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by fennels007(m): 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
There are " Many ways to Die in Nigeria" could be written as a novel.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by mandychidex(m): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
illicit:
I extend my condolences

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by just2endowed: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
hacmond:
sadRIP

I don't know why some people will adulterate kerosene just to make profit.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
What could have made them not to run outside the house especially those that were awake..... This is too much to bear.... someone who celebrated his birthday and another preparing for exam....
RIP to the dead... and may God console the bereaved.

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by frankblinkz(m): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
MikeMicheal:
If only we had stable electricity, they would still be alive.
THE GOVERNMENT KILLED THEM!

If only the kerosene wasn't adulterated, they would still be alive
THE ADULTERATORS KILLED THEM!

If only the senior one had listened and lighted the lantern, they would still be alive.
THE SENIOR ONE KILLED THEM!

If only they stopped using lantern and used led rechargeable lamps, they would still be alive.
THEY KILLED THEMSELVES!

If only they travelled out of the country, they might still be alive.
NIGERIA KILLED THEM!
u only trying to create a joke that's not worth it.. so people don't die outside Nigeria or what?
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by SexytorresE(f): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
After doing birthday In church , he might have given sky imaginary God something but still allows the guy to die .

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
Death is the end of all troubles
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by BigBashiru: 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ategberoson:
Nigerians are Nigeria problem. instead of us to demand for our rights, we continue to allow our rights that we are lacking be killing our young people at their prime time and one foolish idiots will come here to be calling wailers and zombies when all these bunch of useless leaders is called out

one foolish privilege imbeciles will Even say with you our country future is secure, may his family go the same way other Nigerians going through pains due to mismanagement, misgoverned and incompetency of this scammer that claimed to bring change impoverished on Nigerians

thunder pieces all Nigeria current politicians, Amen

Rip to them

The Nigerian ppl aren't any different to their leaders....
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by efficiencie(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
MikeMicheal:
If only we had stable electricity, they would still be alive.
THE GOVERNMENT KILLED THEM!

If only the kerosene wasn't adulterated, they would still be alive
THE ADULTERATORS KILLED THEM!

If only the senior one had listened and lighted the lantern, they would still be alive.
THE SENIOR ONE KILLED THEM!

If only they stopped using lantern and used led rechargeable lamps, they would still be alive.
THEY KILLED THEMSELVES!

If only they travelled out of the country, they might still be alive.
NIGERIA KILLED THEM!

If only you gave every Nigerian 1 million dollars to travel out of Nigeria, they might still be alive.
Bottomline: YOU KILLED THEM. YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR MANSLAUGHTER!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by muller101(m): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
fineboynl:
people get mind oh, mixing kerosone with fuel.

kerosone is more expensive that fuel. it's does not make any sense. if only the government can make kerosone more cheaper this kind thing wouldn't happen
Kerosene mixed with petrol. Anything that supports combustion is fuel.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by muller101(m): 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
EXOUSIAng:
Kerosine lamp in 2020, now thats poverty right there.

But on the other hand its actually ignorance cos kerosine is actually very expensive, more expensive than Diesel and PMS...

so could this be ignorance?

a litre of kerosine costs almost as much as a small rechargable touch light.
Sometimes even the consumers use the same container to purchase either kerosene or petrol. My land lady is a clear example.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by YUSTECH3(m): 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
Even if they did not take light what will happen...electricity also no dey kill?
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
HOME to avoidable deaths.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by frog12: 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
dangers of KEROSENE which is used as JET fuel. condolences.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by tete7000(m): 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
EXOUSIAng:
Kerosine lamp in 2020, now thats poverty right there.

But on the other hand its actually ignorance cos kerosine is actually very expensive, more expensive than Diesel and PMS...

so could this be ignorance?

a litre of kerosine costs almost as much as a small rechargable touch light.

Adulteration could actually have come from people using a container previously used to store petrol to store kerosene. We were not told how theirs got adulterated. May God rest their souls in peace
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Nasproperty: 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by mikemiyaki: 1:00am On Aug 31, 2020
My condolences to the family!
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by kristo123: 2:27am On Aug 31, 2020
that's not kerosene
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by billfast: 2:44am On Aug 31, 2020
According to data analysis by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as the number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in the United States exceeds 100,000, black Americans continue to account for a disproportionate proportion of the death toll from Covid-19. As of May 20, nearly 23% of the reported Covid-19 deaths in the United States were African-Americans, although according to the racial demographic data of Covid-19 cases and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by electhnd(m): 2:51am On Aug 31, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
"adulterated kerosene"
Only God knows the uncountable number of lives those "chosen people" have wasted.
pls I don't understand the choosen people, are they the ones selling the product?
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:55am On Aug 31, 2020
electhnd:

pls I don't understand the choosen people, are they the ones selling the product?
You don't know of the self proclaimed choosen people,Omo Igbo?
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 31, 2020
cry cry cryReminds me of my late senior brother(May the good Lord Grant him the best place in paradise). he actually thought he was buying kerosene ended up been sold petrol from road side hawkers for our abandoned stove,since the gas finished at the wrong period.I was this close to litting the stove when my mind told me to check the content again.Found out it was petrol , told him he was so mad and so sorry at the same time took the stove throw it into the dustbin while going to halla with the mumu that sold him petrol instead of kerosene.Sometimes it is just one absent minded mumu selling the wrong product.
R.I.P to those who had pass.
This 2020 sef e get as e be.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by GentleA(m): 4:53am On Aug 31, 2020
And the person who adulterated the kerosene... I hope this news gets to him/her..

How do people enjoy easy money at the expense of ones life?
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by CodeTemplar: 6:06am On Aug 31, 2020
reachable lamps are better I guess.
Re: Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) by Kaybaba5(m): 6:10am On Aug 31, 2020
My condolences

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Gives Birth To Premature Quadruplets In Bauchi (Photos) / Kano To Rely On ‘Verbal’ Autopsy For Mysterious Deaths / Covid-19: Alibaba Group Donates 1.1 Milion Test Kits To African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.