Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,456 members, 7,839,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers (9789 Views)

CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / Emeka Offor, Abike Dabiri’s Firms, Others Owe Banks N143.81bn / Corrupt Firms Barred From Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by DamiKhojie(m): 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2011
damola1:

There are bad eggs everywhere. I have only been swindled by americans x 3, anyways,

Exactly as if we haven't suffered enough from being labeled as scam artists people on this thread want to turn around and generalize all Chinese people as scammers
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by tfabmac(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2011
wow, so a nigerian could actually be duped,men dats amazing oo, or whether the guy is an half-cast smiley
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by renewnaija(m): 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2011
sarutobi:

now i believe that you have to be "very" greedy to get duped!
From 1000$ to $600$ that should sound fishy to anyone. he has learnt his lesson 2wice. let us hope he does not learn it really bad again  angry

Dude if you follow world news closely, you will notice that most economic giants are relocating a lot of their industries to China. They provide one of the lowest cost of manufacturing and are using their population to full effect. That's why they have now emerged is and are revered by the West.

Greed has nothing to do with it. If you doubt it, check prices of products of similar quality in China and elsewhere in the world and you will note that their prices are so low that it is sometimes unbelievable to a businessman. Why do you think Western manufacturers & industries are closing their home factories and re-opening them in China? The dude saw a good business deal, went for it & got burnt. There are scammers everywhere in the world, and there are more in economically prone areas than others. As an emerging power this is a price China will have to pay (i.e. a bad name sometimes). Even some Europeans complain about some of their products' quality but still do business with them. Are they unwise for still doing so?

We can only learn from such stories & from experience which is invaluable.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by member479760: 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2011
Get it straight all made in china products are not good. lets start making our own, we create jobs, build our nation and get value.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by ikeyman00(m): 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2011
@@@@

most chinese buisness people are crooks lipsrsealed
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by eros(m): 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2011
tfabmac:

wow, so a nigerian could actually be duped,men dats amazing oo, or whether the guy is an half-cast smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The brother is not a true Nigerian, because real Nigerians don't get duped it is almost second nature. Even the "supposed" blind beggar on the street is a fraud. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigeria i hail thee.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by renewnaija(m): 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2011
nakedall:

Get it straight all made in china products are not good. lets start making our own, we create jobs, build our nation and get value.  
Na today we don talk dt one? Abi do you think our politicians who travel abroad & have a first hand experience on working infrastructure don't know what to do? Does manufacturing spring up from nowhere without a conducive environment & amenities? How do entepreneurs like me & you work when there are no basics on ground? Na so Chinco, Yankee, Jans & co do their own? undecided
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by lastpage: 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2011
I do buy a lot of things from China and all seems well.

Agreed, they make a lot of mistakes (wrong product, inferior products at times) and l dont really have "high hopes" for some of their products since like the Yorubas will sa, "B'owo semoo, l'gun n'mo" (the quality of your melecine is only as much as how much you pay!,,,,,this Yoruba people sef!! grin )
Their goods are also dirt cheap!

I never pay by any other means than PAYPAL.
If l dont get what l bought, l open up a "Dispute Resolution" on PAYPAL and request for my refund, pronto! wink

Cash, Wire transfer, Western Union, e.t.c, NO WAY grin
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by justwise(m): 12:35am On Feb 23, 2011
damola1:

There are bad eggs everywhere. I have only been swindled by americans x 3, anyways,

Was that why u tried woefully to swindle NLders here? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-609519.99999.html#bot
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by efedavies: 1:09am On Feb 23, 2011
@obama
Na wah for u na so earopeans dey swindle nigerian for europe.men cut the crap those guys are terrible.presently you find them everywhere like mosquitoes suking peoples blood,milking us all the way to me it makes no sense for them to play such prank on anybody.the things is we are too import dependant and I will not blame the people but for asians to start playing on how weakness we should not accept that.we never taught them such it some thing that is already in them.this not a new news.they need serious koboko
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by EzeUche2(m): 1:42am On Feb 23, 2011
Na wa o! This is unbelievable. A Nigerian being duped by a foreigner! This is unheard of.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by shotster50(m): 2:23am On Feb 23, 2011
@ Ezeuche

Its nothing new. Nigerians have been defrauding Asian companies for a long time now, so It makes sense for some of them to try and get their cash back .
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by damola1: 2:41am On Feb 23, 2011
shotster50:

@ Ezeuche

Its nothing new. Nigerians have been defrauding Asian companies for a long time now, so It makes sense for some of them to try and get their cash back .

It's not a Nigerian thing. Anyone that's dubious defrauds, Asians defraud europeans every day, in fact, americans are their largest culprits, It's just human nature.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by justwise(m): 8:49am On Feb 23, 2011
damola1:

It's not a Nigerian thing. Anyone that's dubious defrauds, Asians defraud europeans every day, in fact, americans are their largest culprits, It's just human nature.

I take that as a joke, that line can't come from somebody like you.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by JimmyBoy1: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2011
Good enough that the importer went through the proper channel by Opening a letter of Credit, however there were some loopholes in the transaction, to the detriment of the importer. There was suppose to be an inspectiion agent in between( SGS or Bureau Veritas) that certifies that the goods meet specification before the correspondent bank pay pay the supplier. So the issues of late or early arrival of the goods do not really matter.

Secondly, there should have been a contract documents between the two parties, which should expressly state that if sub-standard goods were shipped then it will be shipped back at exporter's cost.

We learn everyday.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by damola1: 9:18am On Feb 23, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

Good enough that the importer went through the proper channel by Opening a letter of Credit, however there were some loopholes in the transaction, to the detriment of the importer. There was suppose to be an inspectiion agent in between( SGS or Bureau Veritas) that certifies that the goods meet specification before the correspondent bank pay pay the supplier. So the issues of late or early arrival of the goods do not really matter.

Secondly, there should have been a contract documents between the two parties, which should expressly state that if sub-standard goods were shipped then it will be shipped back at exporter's cost.

We learn everyday.

Enforcing an agreement is a big issue out there. I think the best advise so far is this:

But how could the man be that silly to order stuff that like chemicals from China and expect them to give it like that?He is suppose to take a trip and see what he is buying and pay and ship then head back to Nigeria.A friend recently came to China to order for antimalarial drugs worth about 10million after ordering he paid and left.When the goods arrived naija it was discovered that half of the container was stocked with fake drugs.
So its always advisable when you come to China get the police involved tell them what you are there for,though it will cost you something but if the company knows that the Police is involved they will thread carefully.And even if they cheat you you stand the chance of recovering your money.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by lakode(m): 9:31am On Feb 23, 2011
The fact is that in todays Business environment  it is difficult to ignore china , especially in the B2B Market , I have a Internet shop and most of my goods I buy from china , I will say I get unlucky atimes  , but I tell you, that is the risk of trying to make a big profit margin ,  after all the bigger the likely profit the bigger the risk.So I think the basic fact is , we all know where to get the quality product but who wants small profit ,
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by tkb417(m): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2011
as for me, ill go to China every now and then to buy stuff

ive done this over and over again and they have even suggested i stop coming cos we have known each other

never!!!

550k to do a 3 day China trip will be added to the cost of whatever im buying. not doing anythn based on trust

i dont know them so why shd i trust them

Never you do it again. Go to China, buy your goods the first and second time

if u have a 9ja man there, good for you. maybe the 3rd time, u can engage the services of the 9ja guy there to inspect the goods for you b4 shipment and oh year, payment shd be after the goods have been confirmed

all in all, never do ur biz based on trust or some bullchit that life itself is a risk. I dont take stupid risks
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by enomakos(m): 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
those chinko are dangerous
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by seyibrown(f): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
Plenty of swindling being carried out by chinese people. Very very easy to get your fingers burnt trying to buy stuff from China on ALIBABA especially.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by Jiah011(f): 5:58am On Feb 25, 2011
The Chinese man said that if you can't beat them, join them tongue.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by RonTH: 9:45am On Feb 25, 2011
I think that there are scammers in every country. Don't blame some nation specifically. We have to be careful before doing any trade.
Look carefully before doing any transaction. It's not only international business, but also local business

God bless Naira!!

Ron ( Thailand)
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by wi5dom(m): 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
Business is a game to make profit by winning or losing all that you have invested in it. Chinese company's in nigeria do produce goods here but at the back of the product/good is 'made in china.'
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by dondons: 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2011
Want to shop online with your credit or debit card and even earn commission while shopping? Want to start up your own business and need loan to start off? Want to start conducting your business operations online? Want to make investment and earn returns weekly? Want to import products from Europe, Asia, America into Africa but have , no reliable contact to render this service? Now you have got to safe heaven to do so. If so we can get you started by offering you loan. For more information visit:

http://resourcesceegemscorp.com/index.php?page_id=38
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by dondons: 12:02am On Feb 28, 2011
Hello ladies and gentlemen, all is now set for your investment & purchases on our website. I know many of you have not had opportunities to own gold. We are offering you the opportunity to own gold by ordering even 1 gram of gold through our website. You can also make money by reselling the gold. You can also do your investment in other fields through us. For further information visit:

http://resourcesceegemscorp.com/index.php?page_id=26
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by ogiwayoaga: 7:42am On Feb 28, 2011
Hey contact me by email and i will give you my number. Call me with the number i give.
if you wanna buy anything from the US, give me a call, i will help you buy it. Simple.

China also. if u are serious leave ur number i will call u. i live in the US. This is for serious minded people, not for everyone.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by dfav: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2011
its so sad that the world today is looking for Cheap articles; even in the US; there have being complains abt the Chinese pdts standard.

so my broda its not only Nigeria.

just be careful when doing business with the chinese they are more 419ners than even the Nigeria folks
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
[table]
[tr]
[td] THE WHAT [/td]
[td] THE WHEN [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td] Emergence of Chinese scammers through B2B sites such as Alibaba and Tradekey -------->[/td]
[td] 2008 [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td] Emergence of the Nigerian 419 scams -------------------------------------------------------->[/td]
[td] 2000 (give or take a 1yr or 2)  grin [/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Sure there are scum-of-the-earth scamming animals in every country but let’s not forget that Nigerian scammers made the headlines first, Nigerian scammers were the front-runners, they were the "trailblazers", the forerunners, the leaders, the ones that made scamming “sexy” and glamorized such a filthy profession (if you want to even call it that).

So when I read any new news articles regarding these scamming “chinks” (as one poster so eloquently labeled them as)  grin, in the back of my mind I sarcastically think, “thanks, piece of manure Naija animals for starting another sociologically destructive trend”.
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by KDK(m): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2011
Interesting,
Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by liujenny(f): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2011
more and more nigerians come to china, why? there is big opportunities, grin grin grin

for big business of course should come and see the loading of container! be4 build the trust!

isnt everywhere all of the world like this?

--------------------------
www.metal-roofing-sheet.com

Re: Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers by bigbasho: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2011
why will you wire money? you should have used ESCROW to protect your interest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank / Urgently Needed For 500k / Seven Places (not Bank) Where You Will Get Loan Without Collateral In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.