Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060762 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
biola3005:
I am applying for US visiting visa, but i have Malaysia Student Visa as i am taking my Degree in Psychology here in Malaysia. I also have Mexican visa on my passport my appointment is due in Nigeria soon do you think with my Mexican visa will it affect the chances of me getting the visa? I am just wanting to go there for holiday i am free from school now. please i will like some comments thank you and will sincerely appreciate your comments and advise please i do appreciate polite people who are none judgmental about Nigerians living in Malaysia. I am a real student here. I am having my interview in Nigeria.

Your Mexican visa will not affect your application if you actually got it from either Kualar Lumpur or Abuja. Anything else from these two cities, na long explanation.

Your letter from school showing that you're a student registered for studies along with your semester courses and grades, will be sighted by the CO.

It is to the notice of the US Missions that some Nigerians enter KUL on student visa only to engage in actions not in tandem with their proposed travel reasons. So hope you're truly a student? Because you will be romancing with a red flag if your profile is not as claimed.

Welcome back to Naija Area.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biola3005: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
tzetzefly:

Your Mexican visa will not affect your application if you actually got it from either Kualar Lumpur or Abuja. Anything else from these two cities, na long explanation.

Your letter from school showing that you're a student registered for studies along with your semester courses and grades, will be sighted by the CO.

It is to the notice of the US Missions that some Nigerians enter KUL on student visa only to engage in actions not in tandem with their proposed travel reasons. So hope you're truly a student? Because you will be romancing with a red flag if your profile is not as claimed.

Welcome back to Naija Area.....

Oh yes i am a real student with all school fee paid fully, With all my result from 1st semester to my last semester which is now. my student Id Card everything thing regarding my school is real I am taking Psychology. My Mexican visa was issued to me the last time i was in Nigeria i got it from Abuja.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
biola3005:

Oh yes i am a real student with all school fee paid fully, With all my result from 1st semester to my last semester which is now. my student Id Card everything thing regarding my school is real I am taking Psychology. My Mexican visa was issued to me the last time i was in Nigeria i got it from Abuja.

That's very nice. All you now need to present to the CO, is how you're going to fund your trip to the US and what you have in Nigeria that will bring you back at the expiration of your visit. Because it is a fact that you cant be issued a US visa from Kuala Lumpur. So you have to show some serious ties to Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by PeterAruya: 7:26am On Jul 05, 2013
Hlo guys in d house.pls i want advice 4rm experienced guyz.My frend wants to go to d u.s wit d intent of nt comin bak usin a conference as d purpose of travelin.he had it wont b easy to gt a job since he wont v a social security number.is it as worse dat he wont get any job at al?he also want to kw if he cn fix his papers in the u.s wen he gets der(knws its nt easy).pls jst advic him on wat to do cos he has alrdy bn givin a 3mth visa n he dosnt want tn cm bk to naija.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2013
Peter Aruya: Hlo guys in d house.pls i want advice 4rm experienced guyz.My frend wants to go to d u.s wit d intent of nt comin bak usin a conference as d purpose of travelin.he had it wont b easy to gt a job since he wont v a social security number.is it as worse dat he wont get any job at al?he also want to kw if he cn fix his papers in the u.s wen he gets der(knws its nt easy).pls jst advic him on wat to do cos he has alrdy bn givin a 3mth visa n he dosnt want tn cm bk to naija.
You will not get advice on illegal activities on here.
Your friend (or yourself!!!) should stay at home.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2013
Peter Aruya: Hlo guys in d house.pls i want advice 4rm experienced guyz.My frend wants to go to d u.s wit d intent of nt comin bak usin a conference as d purpose of travelin.he had it wont b easy to gt a job since he wont v a social security number.is it as worse dat he wont get any job at al?he also want to kw if he cn fix his papers in the u.s wen he gets der(knws its nt easy).pls jst advic him on wat to do cos he has alrdy bn givin a 3mth visa n he dosnt want tn cm bk to naija.

@Peter Aruya,
This is the reason why other genuine travellers get scrutinised unjustly for acts such as that of your friend......

worry 359:
You will not get advice on illegal activities on here.
Your friend (or yourself!!!) should stay at home.

@worry359,
Thanks for your direct approach on the matter.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
if i may ask is it possible for one to survive in usa without a sicial security number? If NO, then why will the co feel one wont return.
AjanleKoko:

The US Embassy will only ask for any of your documents if your interview requires it.
For example, I work in ABC company (unknown name) and I earn 3m naira per month. CO might want to see proof that you indeed earn that much, and would even want to know which ABC company in Nigeria, not known to them, can afford to pay someone N3m per month.

Generally, the default position of the US embassy for nonimmigrant visas is to assume you intend to stay in the US and not return to Nigeria. The basis of the CO's assessment is to determine if you are likely to return or not. So they don't start with a verification, but an intent to deny you the visa. Your two or three minutes discussion with the CO is all they need to decide. And yes, there is an element of luck in there.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
lilbro:

if i may ask is it possible for one to survive in usa without a sicial security number? If NO, then why will the co feel one wont return.

You should ask yourself why there are still tens of millions of illegal immigrants in the USA, lack of social security number notwithstanding. Or why Nigerians persistently run up medical bills in the USA and abscond. Or the anchor baby syndrome, fake marriages, and whatnot.

Trust me, a lot of us are criminally-minded in this country.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biola3005: 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
May God help us Nigerians we need to start believing in what we can do for this nation instead of going abroad. and over staying all the name of having a better life.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samtoye(m): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm, if you have lived in the US then you would understand the rationality of the COs. I've had rare opportunity of listening to what some people come to say in US visa interviews and its disappointing, the sorriest of cases was a young lady who won visa lottery but failed the interview, you claimed to be an economics graduate and they asked what you understand by the "Economy of Nigeria" and you went blank, no idea !!!It is similar to this; your submitted application would go through evaluation by internal dept before it gets to the CO, they are sort of advisory board on which the CO would act. Your applications are already marked (not necessary in these terms) very plausible, plausible, non plausible, case undecided, documentary evidence needed etc, the CO works on this to make a final decision. For very plausible the odds are already in your favor, very few questions, no documents asked and you get your visa, plausible - confirmation questions, few documentary evidences and you get your visa, Non plausible - you are already denied visa, you need "divine" evidences to convince the CO otherwise, few questions, no documents requested and you are out!

There are times the internal board conducts external investigations on your information without your knowledge, i have seen situation where a young University student claimed to be married, the embassy traced his address, didn't go to his house but stopped at his neighbor's house and asked for details about the guy, the neighbor gave them the guy's dossier about him being a young guy still living with his parents and marriage is far from him.

The COs have been trained to ask several questions just to get one answer, they ask you same questions in different forms, once your answers start to contradict themselves or from what is in your info you are finished! Your greatest mistake is to lie because of their impeccable records; all what you have said in past is in record so change your story and you stand out like a sour thumb.

Something happened to me that made me respect the US embassy; after concluding all immigrant processing and i went to get my package in Lekki, written as alias on that package was a name i never told them about, neither did i fill it in any documents i submitted to them or birth certificates both from NPC or local government records. The name was given to me by my grandmother and cos i didn't like i stopped using it since end of primary school in the late eighties; the only place they could get it was either the hospital i was born which had closed down or my primary school headmaster !!! Where did they get it from?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by henrimoto(m): 6:23am On Jul 06, 2013
lilbro: ok thanks alot, i just took the bull by the horn and already did that before i got ur response today
i was also able to book an appointment for july ending. as the appointment dates were already booked but free from July 27 - Aug 2nd. God has bin truly faithfull, i am keeping my fingers crossed till the interview date. i ll come back and post my interview session with the CO in a months time. whish me good luck guys and stay blessed.

goodluck lilbro!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dkgetmuny: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2013
U r a fraud and shld be banned....y won't ur friend wanna come back...plus I Av never heard of d us embassy givin a 3months visa

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
samtoye: Hmmmmmmmm, if you have lived in the US then you would understand the rationality of the COs. I've had rare opportunity of listening to what some people come to say in US visa interviews and its disappointing, the sorriest of cases was a young lady who won visa lottery but failed the interview, you claimed to be an economics graduate and they asked what you understand by the "Economy of Nigeria" and you went blank, no idea !!!It is similar to this; your submitted application would go through evaluation by internal dept before it gets to the CO, they are sort of advisory board on which the CO would act. Your applications are already marked (not necessary in these terms) very plausible, plausible, non plausible, case undecided, documentary evidence needed etc, the CO works on this to make a final decision. For very plausible the odds are already in your favor, very few questions, no documents asked and you get your visa, plausible - confirmation questions, few documentary evidences and you get your visa, Non plausible - you are already denied visa, you need "divine" evidences to convince the CO otherwise, few questions, no documents requested and you are out!

There are times the internal board conducts external investigations on your information without your knowledge, i have seen situation where a young University student claimed to be married, the embassy traced his address, didn't go to his house but stopped at his neighbor's house and asked for details about the guy, the neighbor gave them the guy's dossier about him being a young guy still living with his parents and marriage is far from him.

The COs have been trained to ask several questions just to get one answer, they ask you same questions in different forms, once your answers start to contradict themselves or from what is in your info you are finished! Your greatest mistake is to lie because of their impeccable records; all what you have said in past is in record so change your story and you stand out like a sour thumb.

Something happened to me that made me respect the US embassy; after concluding all immigrant processing and i went to get my package in Lekki, written as alias on that package was a name i never told them about, neither did i fill it in any documents i submitted to them or birth certificates both from NPC or local government records. The name was given to me by my grandmother and cos i didn't like i stopped using it since end of primary school in the late eighties; the only place they could get it was either the hospital i was born which had closed down or my primary school headmaster !!! Where did they get it from?

You're making these people sound like supermen. They're not. They goof a lot, in fact.
I've lost count how many times I've filled in those forms in a hurry and got a number of details wrong.In all those cases I still got the visa on the day.

It's more of Nigerians being predictably dishonest nine scenarios out of ten. That's why, even in a truthful scenario, the burden of proof is still on the applicant. The US Consulate Visa section does not embark on elaborate verifications, for most of the visa categories, immigrant or non-immigrant, primarily due to the cost and time involved with doing that. They just take spot decisions most of the time.

The real issue is the balance between developed and undeveloped countries. Think about it, you don't need a visa to go to Mexico as an American citizen. But Mexican citizens need a visa to go to the US. undecided

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
dkgetmuny:
U r a fraud and shld be banned....y won't ur friend wanna come back...plus I Av never heard of d us embassy givin a 3months visa

They do
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samtoye(m): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

You're making these people sound like supermen. They're not. They goof a lot, in fact.
I've lost count how many times I've filled in those forms in a hurry and got a number of details wrong.In all those cases I still got the visa on the day.

It's more of Nigerians being predictably dishonest nine scenarios out of ten. That's why, even in a truthful scenario, the burden of proof is still on the applicant. The US Consulate Visa section does not embark on elaborate verifications, for most of the visa categories, immigrant or non-immigrant, primarily due to the cost and time involved with doing that. They just take spot decisions most of the time.

The real issue is the balance between developed and undeveloped countries. Think about it, you don't need a visa to go to Mexico as an American citizen. But Mexican citizens need a visa to go to the US. undecided

Bro i do not dispute their fallibility; they are not supermen but they are what we call very meticulous!!!! if you were born in the seventies in Nigeria hardly would you get any institution that have your birth record except you give it to them, that's the life we are used too but they aren't like that; if you give them wrong detail they would accept it if they trust you by virtue of your perceived reputation based on your past records, if you jeopardize that trust then you would have yourself to be blamed.

Concerning verification of records, do not be deceived after the "shame" of the terrorist attack, they would go to any length to verify what you claim to be if its necessary, cost you say? why do you think visa fees are increasing everyday? we Nigerians are funding them , I can give you a number of someone who won a visa lottery and later included in his application that he had married a wife, the embassy gave him a surprise call in the middle of the night (past 12am) and asked to speak with his alleged wife.

My families have had several dealings with them and we have never been refused visa both in UK and US and it is not that we have super bank accounts, one thing we observe is being truthful always and let all your references living abroad have good reputations. We have broken every known myths and believes about visas and embassies and as they say in Rule of Equity in Common Law "He who seeks remedies in equity must come with clean hands". These people are not crazy or mean; they just want to ensure the right people enter their countries, imagine if visas were not needed into US and UK? Nigeria would be empty now and those countries won't have that beautiful reputation that makes everybody want to go there.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by PeterAruya: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lots of pretenders in this forum

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ZionSpecie(m): 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hi all,
I work as P.A. to the CEO of my company (small company though). I came in dis year after her former P.A. resigned. The company hosts seminars/trainings in the US. The last one they had was in march and I wasn't wt d company den. They r hosting anoda one dis september and I wish to attend d seminar. I told my boss and she said she'l giv me back up letters. But d issue I hav here is dat I av bn collecting my allowee in cash, so I don't use a salary acct. None of her workers use salary acct (a small company). The allowee is less dan 100k. Culd dis be a major threat?
Secondly, the seminar is sept. When wuld u advise I book an interview date?
Thank u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2013
ZionSpecie: Hi all,
I work as P.A. to the CEO of my company (small company though). I came in dis year after her former P.A. resigned. The company hosts seminars/trainings in the US. The last one they had was in march and I wasn't wt d company den. They r hosting anoda one dis september and I wish to attend d seminar. I told my boss and she said she'l giv me back up letters. But d issue I hav here is dat I av bn collecting my allowee in cash, so I don't use a salary acct. None of her workers use salary acct (a small company). The allowee is less dan 100k. Culd dis be a major threat?
Secondly, the seminar is sept. When wuld u advise I book an interview date?
Thank u

As a Personal Assistant (PA), you might be seen as not having a solid job tie to your country. And also, you're even less than a year in your present occupation which is still a probationary stage in your career.

You need to be a confirmed staff of any firm /organisation after a year or two, to be assessed as a genuine traveller.

But your PA designation is a mountain for you to climb....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ZionSpecie(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2013
tzetzefly:

As a Personal Assistant (PA), you might be seen as not having a solid job tie to your country. And also, you're even less than a year in your present occupation which is still a probationary stage in your career.

You need to be a confirmed staff of any firm /organisation after a year or two, to be assessed as a genuine traveller.

But your PA designation is a mountain for you to climb....
Thank you very much for the insight. Very helpful. I won't do that again. And truthfully I don't plan staying a year wt dem cos I'm going for masters in UK later in d year. Thanks a lot
Re: Usa Visit Visa by OluomoChampion(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
suxes2005: Hi all,

Each time anyone calls me either from NL or
from referral and I tell them to try the United States
they think its the hardest visa to get in life but this
is not true.

I will like anyone interested in going to usa as a visitor
to state his or her interest here so that i can show you
the way to go about it right here, we will all see the
result of the application here.

I just helped a friend of my pastor to secure his through
searching for pastor's conference for him,

SHALOM

Hi, I will appreciate if you can advice and assist me on how to go about it. I am a batch C corper rounding up in Oct 2013 I have about 500k in my account and I want to travel to US. Pls help me. Thanks!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fadinus(m): 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
OluomoChampion:

Hi, I will appreciate if you can advice and assist me on how to go about it. I am a batch C corper rounding up in Oct 2013 I have about 500k in my account and I want to travel to US. Pls help me. Thanks!
Do you intend to visit the us or you are going for a conference there.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dkgetmuny: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Peter Aruya: Lots of pretenders in this forum
lot of fraudsters to
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2013
Exactly! Infact more fraudsters than pretenders.
dkgetmuny: lot of fraudsters to
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Love300: 8:35am On Jul 09, 2013
For renewal visa, they now have a system called dropbox which i used today. Very fast.

CO: Good Morning
ME: Good Morning ( i gave her my documents) she staples my passport photo to my DS160 form and checks her computer
CO: where is your pickup location
ME: Lekki
and she hands me the white paper

It was all less than a minute.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2013
dkgetmuny: lot of fraudsters to
leave the forum then if u know u have so many fraudsters there and don,t disturb mshewwwwwww
Re: Usa Visit Visa by GboyegaD(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2013
OluomoChampion:

Be careful so that these scammers don't come up with anything to dupe you of your hard earned savings. BTW, what do you want to go do in the US to start with?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tkontop: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Please I really need your advice, January 2nd this year I went for Us visiting visa but my uncle that helped me with the document used fake Bank statement and fake Marriage certificate....so Us didn't give the visa. But they told me I can still come back with the original, if I can produce the original of the two document fake document they can still consider me. What can i do on it? especially the marriage certificate please advice me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
thank u guys for all d gud works u r doin here,God ll continue to bless u.pls my brother has bn tryin to book an appointment for US visitin visa for mor than 2 weeks nw n response hes gttin is not available,pls can sombdy pls enlighten him on hw to go,tanx for meaningful contribution
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
tkontop: Please I really need your advice, January 2nd this year I went for Us visiting visa but my uncle that helped me with the document used fake Bank statement and fake Marriage certificate....so Us didn't give the visa. But they told me I can still come back with the original, if I can produce the original of the two document fake document they can still consider me. What can i do on it? especially the marriage certificate please advice me.
I do not believe that the visa official told you to come back with alternative documents!
In USA and UK production of fake documents is an automatic ban.
You may re-submit again but will you be wasting your money if already banned?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Henries: thank u guys for all d gud works u r doin here,God ll continue to bless u.pls my brother has bn tryin to book an appointment for US visitin visa for mor than 2 weeks nw n response hes gttin is not available,pls can sombdy pls enlighten him on hw to go,tanx for meaningful contribution

Not available is not true.
You can book an appointment for the earliest available date via ustraveldocs dot com.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biolabee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Love300: For renewal visa, they now have a system called dropbox which i used today. Very fast.

ME: Good Morning ( i gave her my documents) she staples my passport photo to my DS160 form and checks her computer

can u explain this drop box//// i thought they stopped that years ago
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Copiousworld: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Love300: For renewal visa, they now have a system called dropbox which i used today. Very fast.

I am in the process of renewing my visa. Could you pls explain this better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.