Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Jerseylicious - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jerseylicious (3753 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jerseylicious by adeibi: 1:33am On Feb 21, 2011
How many of us love this show?
My fave is Olivia, I hate Doria and Tracy.
Am opening this thread for people who miss a fresh episode to get updates from here.
I heard the show is not real and it's actually scripted, the only thing real about the show is the salon and the owners in real life are Gayle and Christy her daughter, nevertheless i still LOVE to watch it

Who are your fave characters and why?
As for me I love Olivia cos she's sweet and beautiful
I also love anthony cos he always stands as a big brother
I so love Gigi and Frankie
I hate Doria for being bossy, obnoxious and rude
I hate Tracy for being wicked and heartless, if she's acting that role then she's surely doing it right.
I sometimes dislike Alexa for being too full of herself
Also Gayle for being old school and not understanding my olivia
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 12:04am On Feb 23, 2011
seriously? does this mean that no one watches or loves this show?
Re: Jerseylicious by WackyJ1(m): 12:45am On Feb 23, 2011
I do, Olivia's my favourite cos she's cute, hot and sweet.
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 1:06am On Feb 23, 2011
really you do? my best is also olivia, i just love that girl and her sweet voice.
Re: Jerseylicious by WackyJ1(m): 3:20am On Feb 23, 2011
I read that Olivia was the one who sang the theme song. I believe that her Ex friend Briella is the dummest person on the show
Re: Jerseylicious by johnjoel(m): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
my best is kandra
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
WackyJ1:

I read that Olivia was the one who sang the theme song. I believe that her Ex friend Briella is the dummest person on the show

yeah she was the one that sang the song.
very true @ the bolded part
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2011
johnjoel:

my best is kandra

who's kandra?
Re: Jerseylicious by WackyJ1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
adeibi:

yeah she was the one that sang the song.
very true @ the bolded part
it took only an episode for tracy to turn her against olivia
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2011
WackyJ1:

it took only an episode for tracy to turn her against olivia

lmao
Re: Jerseylicious by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
Love Olivia too, Tracy is so much bigger than her that when she's fighting the girl she comes across as a nasty bully
Re: Jerseylicious by QG: 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2011
I love the show. it sure doesnt look real but interesting anyway. My favorites are Alexa and Olivia. But Gayle is very pretty considering her age
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2011
True dat, Gayle luks vry pretty esp in d episode dt she was trying to fight d fact dt she was going 2 b a grandmum because she felt that means she was growing old.
Re: Jerseylicious by dominique(f): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2011
i dont care if the show is fake and scripted, the characters are very relatable and real to me (unlike those yeye kardashians tongue). only started watching it recently but i'm loving it. my favs are olivia and gigi though they can be a bit whiny at times. tracy is real mean but she's a real determined person and can be as tough as nails. she seems to want steal everything from olivia, her boyfriend, her hairstyle (notice the difference between season 1 and 2 hairdos), her position at glam fairy and her bff. her fb page claims she's 23 but thats a total farce, just like alexa claiming to be 27. what kind of fools do they take us for?
Re: Jerseylicious by WackyJ1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2011
adeibi:

True dat, Gayle luks vry pretty esp in d episode dt she was trying to fight d fact dt she was going 2 b a grandmum because she felt that means she was growing old.
I wonder how young she even wants to look, she looks far too young considering how many years i know she is.
I like Alexa because of her political position(ambassador of b.o.obs) and because of the fact that she is a boss of her own, whatever manipulative character we see in tracy that she tries to use to get to the top. Alexa already knows it and she's already gotten there.
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2011
When will the airing of the next season start?
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since."

A new season of the Gatsby upon us, and with it comes a few updates in the lives of the nouveau riche of West Egg — I'm sorry, that's the wrong Gatsby. Let me start over.

SEASON 3 PREMIERED MAY I GUESS

JUST WANT TO KEEP US UPDATED,

"Gigi and Frankie was a conjunction. And, like, the words on their own, kind of like, don't have a meaning unless they're, like, together. Like, you need the suffix and the prefix. So, like, when they're not together, it's, like, like an incomplete sentence."

Welcome to the post-Gigi-Frankie era of the Gatsby Salon, Green Brook's most televised hair cuttery. As your favorite group of stylists reconvene for a third season of the groundbreaking "Jerseylicious," there's a distinct pang of heartache in the air. But there's also new love, and new hope for happiness in Somerset County. Let's get to it.

[b][b]Episode 1: Gatsby Global Domination
[/b][/b]
As I mentioned earlier, there's been some trouble at the Gatsby Salon. Gigi and Frankie, two star-crossed lovers, apparently, are broken up after he claims he tried proposing three times and she never noticed. Must have been one heck of a proposal, Frank.

Outside the relationship realm, professional break-ups are tearing the group apart. Gayle, the owner of Gatsby, has parted ways with big personality Alexa, who started her own business, The Glam Fairy or The Glam Factory. No one on the show can seem to get the name straight, so I'm not sure how we're supposed to figure it out.

Gayle's daughter Christy loathes Alexa, but for her own reasons — Alexa never asked her how she was doing after she had her baby. "She sent me a bottle of vodka,  I'm frickin' pregnant," Christy laments. "When I had the baby, everyone was talking about the baby. She said 'It's just another human being, there are plenty of human beings in the world.'" Well, I'm certainly starting to like this Alexa character.

On a happier note, protagonist Olivia, who serves as the show's narrator and whose talking heads are clearly written beforehand, has found new love in the hyper-groomed Mikey. He had previously dumped her because he wanted to focus on his body — and who among us can't relate to that — but now he's back, and ready to drop the L-bomb. Olivia melts like putty in his neatly manicured hands.

Tracy has found a way to stick her nose into a few of these story arcs. She used to date Mikey, so she and Olivia have a blow-out in Gatsby's parking lot. Tracy warns Olivia that Mikey isn't all he's tanned up to be, but Olivia isn't hearing it. Tracy also has been working for Alexa's Glam Fairy/Factory for eight months now. How someone can work two identical jobs at two rival companies is beyond me, but her double-dip is soon cut short when a customer from one salon spots her in the other and inquires.

After she's sold out by the unsuspecting patron, Gayle has an alarmingly calm conversation with Tracy about her dual positions and tells her she's got to pick one. Fair enough. Tracy calls Alexa to say she's quitting to work full-time at Gatsby, but Alexa hangs up, furious with Gayle.

In the episode's main plot, competent gentleman Anthony — whom I've yet to find fault with, leading me to question why he's on the show at all — returns to Gatsby to help with their latest gimmick. They're going to attempt to break the Guinness World Record for most haircuts in eight hours.

After the entire salon erupts into chaos as the group takes out a ruler to decipher how long two centimeters could possibly be, Christy and Olivia lead the team in the game plan: Ten stylists, eight hours, at least 201 haircuts of two centimeters or more. They take the big pair of scissors to the ceremonial red ribbon, and,  break the scissors trying to cut it. So they tear the red ribbon, the timer starts, and they're off!
jerseylicious-smoking.jpgStyle NetworkFor Frankie and his dad, nothing beats the rich smell of second-hand smoke to complement a delicious pasta dinner.

Besides some whining from the troops, the group is on track to break the record. They encounter an issue when their line of patrons runs dry, but Olivia takes to the gym and tells everyone there that they can all get free haircuts, and she brings back a nice-sized group of unsuspecting chum--, er, customers. That is, until Alexa shows up for a showdown with Gayle over their shared employee, Tracy. Then the entire room explodes into a frenzy of indiscriminate screaming and swinging as workers from the two salons have it out.

But Anthony helps to restore order, tempers cool, and the group completes their mission — 246 haircuts in eight hours earns the Jerseylicious crew a spot in the Guinness Book. Congrats, folks. Now bored kids in elementary school libraries the world over will know your name.

Random notes:

• Tracy, to Olivia: "The treating you like gold is as fake as your jewelry gold." I bet she wishes she could try that one again.

• Frankie is so lucky,  my mother never lets me smoke cigarettes at the table during family dinner!

• "You know what's at the forefront of global dominations? Cities. New York, Japan, not Route 22." -- Alexa tries her hand at geography, with mixed results.

• Being a Guinness Book of Records judge sounds fantastically cool. What could the qualifications even be? "Could you measure a really tall person? We're talking, like, really tall."
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
[b][b]Episode 2: A Jersey Little Secret[/b][/b]

Olivia has it all — a boyfriend with freakishly trimmed eyebrows, a good job putting makeup on people's faces. But she wants more. So she's turned to "The Secret," the Oprah-endorsed best-selling guide to the power of positive thinking. She's even made a vision board, complete with all the things she hopes to someday have. A big cat, a new apartment, and "a white SUV of some sort." Now THAT'S vision!

Gigi is excited about the idea of manifesting her hopes through thinking about them, so she hops on the program and makes her own vision board. On hers, of course, she sees herself with a family. The stick-figure man, as clearly shown by his weird small head, is her ex-beau Frankie, for whom she still pines. Olivia brags at work, "I've already manifested my apartment." Which is nice, but I manifested myself a sandwich today, and it wasn't even on my vision board.

Tracy isn't on board with The Secret, however, marking the first time I've ever not screamed at the screen following something Tracy said. She draws her own vision board, with a picture of a clock on it, since Olivia is always late. "It's not a vision board, it's a spite board," Olivia protests. "It's not a spite board," Tracy argues. No, it's clearly a spite board, but that's OK. It's still hilarious.
jerseylicious-dream-board.jpgStyle NetworkOlivia hangs up her vision board, which surprisingly doesn't include bigger eyebrows for her boyfriend.

Later in the episode, Olivia gets new makeup brushes in the mail from boyfriend Mikey, and is ecstatic, as she had envisioned them on her board and they had now manifested. Or, you know, her boyfriend bought them. But whatever, a vision board is basically a giant year-round Christmas list anyway.

Gatsby intern/shampooer Filippo earns himself a B-story as he and buddy Lorenzo, an ex of Tracy's, decide to enter beauty school. They boast about using it to pick up girls, as they're the only two men there, but they both clearly have aspirations of styling hair some day, which is quite all right. Especially for Lorenzo, who has no previous experience cutting hair but is an absolute savant. Seriously, he's like Rain Man, if Rain Man put rollers in old ladies' hair.

The pair have to take a written exam and style mannequin hair, in which we see Lorenzo's raw talent on display. This guy may very well be the next Anthony, and if you know what that means, you're probably watching too much Jerseylicious. The show drags the ordeal on for the whole episode, but I'll get right to it: They both get in. Way to figure out a way to keep the cameras on you, boys, now don't let us down.

Speaking of Anthony, he presents a proposition for Gayle — turn the Gatsby into a "Medispa," where customers can get haircuts and Botox, and the money will pour in. Though Gayle has her trepidations, and rightfully so, the salon is transformed remarkably quickly into a place where people are injecting needles into other people's faces. Does your insurance cover malpractice suits, Gayle? You might want to look into that, it could get costly.

Filippo takes to the Medispa immediately. He apparently sweats (gasp!) out of his armpits (the horror!) and wants it to stop. "No," I shouted at my TV, "Don't stop sweating, Filippo! Your body needs to sweat! That is a necessary function!" But he didn't listen to me, and six needles later he was a perspiration-free man.

Still, even as customers pour into to have their insecurities circled in marker and prodded at until they cough up big bucks for temporary "fixes," Gayle isn't convinced. She apparently thinks the nonstop parade of depressed, bandaged zombies walking through the salon is bad for business. I can't imagine why — who doesn't want to feel like they're in a World War II battlefield hospital when they're getting a haircut?

Then, the last straw: Gigi, who looks more and more like a poor man's Snooki each week, saunters back to the doctor's room to ask if she should get lip injections. He goes to town, covering her face with X's and lines as he obliterates her self-esteem. The Gatsby girls can't believe it. They rightfully tell her that she is pretty and young and doesn't need these horrible "treatments," and Gayle calls Anthony to tell him the deal is off.

The two meet for drinks that night, and they hammer out a deal. The Medispa can go, but Anthony will be returning to work at Gatsby once a week if Olivia can work at his salon one more day a week. It's almost as if you could hear the focus groups telling producers, "We want more of that guy. He's not crazy!"

Finally, Gigi, still heartbroken over Frankie but with new hope thanks to her vision board, runs into Frankie at a pizza place. Frankie acts remarkably surprised to see her, considering he stared directly at the big TV cameras with Style Network stickers on them not a minute before, and the two share some horrible, painfully awkward conversation. How bad was it? The least uncomfortable line was when Gigi held up a cup of chicken salad and asked, "Do you want some chicken salad?"

Random notes:

• Tracy, complaining about the Medispa: "Two of my clients verbally said to me, 'This is disgusting.'" And let's not even get into what they told her through sign language.

• Understatement of the century? Gayle: "I have nothing against Botox."

• Worst thing to put on a vision board? Gigi's "amusement park for animals." Even Mikey can't help but giggle: "Like Wonderland, like Michael Jackson had for kids?" Sigh,  so close, Mikey.
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2011
[b]Episode 3:Bridal-Shower-zillas[/b]

After last week's blow-out ending strange, awkward conversation wherein chicken salad in a cup was used as a peace offering, newly single Gigi is in a rut. She heads out with close friend and coworker Olivia and her boyfriend Mikey, and the three enjoy a few drinks in a well-lit nightclub, as is the custom when people on TV shows need to work things out.

Gigi explains that she and ex-boyfriend Frankie used to go to clubs, used to dance, but now — wait, she says, they didn't really go to that many clubs. I think her Jersey Reality Show Instincts must have kicked in and she said the word "club" involuntarily. Happens to the best of us, Gi.

Tracy throws a girls' night, replete with jugs of white wine, enormous unflattering pants and a few random cousins who stare at a laptop the whole scene (wonder if they were reading my last recap?). The sometimes-BFFs sit down for a heart-to-heart, in which Tracy assaults Gigi for breaking "girl code" because she went out with Olivia, who brought Mikey, who dated Tracy a while ago. Obviously. Gigi repeats variations on the phrase "You can't talk to me like that!" until she storms out. Cut back to Tracy, who seems to have switched back to red wine. No, Tracy, no! Everyone knows that's the angry wine!

Eventually, though, Tracy invites Gigi out for drinks and apologizes. She clears up her initial reaction, explaining that it was just a case if "culture shock." Right, because that whole tradition of "hanging out with your friend's boyfriend" is completely foreign to Tracy, who was raised by extremely territorial wolves.

Meanwhile, Christy is having problems of her own — why won't anyone pay attention to her, she had a baby! — and she's well on her way to a mental breakdown working at Gatsby with her mother Gayle, the owner. Gayle refuses to give Christy a schedule, preferring that Christy figure things out for herself. It becomes apparent that's not exactly Christy's strong suit. She later morphs her argument into feeling unfulfilled with her menial tasks, wanting to be paid more, and then that she just wants to feel needed. Poor Christy, it's like no one understands how sorry she feels for herself all the time!

But even if Christy can't raise her own child (yeah, now I'm just baiting her so she'll yell at me too), Gatsby intern Filippo is brilliant with little Daniella. He cuddles her, takes care of her, and even brags that he can keep the baby "nourished" as he gestures to his chest. Err, Filly, I think you meant nurtured. I hope you meant nurtured? I'm honestly not too sure with this one, he might be more talented than we even know.

Christy continues her descent into madness when she assails Filippo for, you know, helping her too much. "You give me my child now," she yells. Incredulous, he asks, "Really?" Christy backtracks worse than Chris Martin in a crummy Coldplay song, explaining, "I'm just saying, thanks for helping me." My god, if that's how Christy thanks people I'd hate to give her a nice present; I'd probably end up with a horse's head in my bed.

Eventually, though, she figures out a win-win solution: She slaps some jungle print in an empty room at the Gatsby, puts a desk and a playpen in there and deems it an office/nursery. I had theory that you'd have to be insane to want to raise a kid at the Gatsby. Christy proves me right!

As has been the theme lately, the Gatsby Salon owner Gayle has a new wacky scheme-of-the-week to make money — they're getting into the (apparently) hyper-ultra-competitive world of bridal shows, starting at the Spring 2011 event at the Wildwoods Convention Center. Bridal shows are, as you probably know and I just learned tonight, big expos where brides-to-be can sample the wares of various wedding-based businesses. And according to Alexa "The Glam Fairy," they're a place she has marked her territory upon, and no one else, especially her arch-enemies at Gatsby, are allowed to try to gain customers there.

But Gayle isn't intimidated by Alexa and her team of actresses who didn't make the cut to be extras on The Hills, I mean, employees. Gatsby figures out a fool-proof (ahem) plan to attract new customers: They'll dress up their most beautiful employee in a pretty dress (quick, everyone say it's Christy before she starts stabbing people!), turn that into a cardboard cutout sans head, give the bridal show attendees free hair and makeup and then let them take a picture behind the body double. Oh, and Filippo will pose with them, smiling stupidly in his tux, as every woman's dream is to marry Filippo.

But when they unpack the headless cardboard version of Christy, it's a bit off. Because it's about 8 feet tall. Perfect for the girl who's always dreamed of being a giantess, but you have to figure most women don't have a clan of Amazons as bridesmaids.

Alexa, who is still fuming that the Gatsby is appearing in a different part of the same large conference hall as her unaffiliated salon, walks over and sees the hilarious cutouts. She rightly calls them a "funhouse accessory," and when Christy sticks up for her company, Alexa explodes and starts shouting that Christy clearly hasn't had her Prozac today. Later, she tells the camera that she can't believe she was subjected to an unprovoked attack. This whole "everyone constantly uses phrases they don't understand" thing is really starting to wear on me, Jerseylicious.

The Gatsby employees fix their freakish figure by folding the cardboard at the knees. Now people can see what they'd look like if they were 5-foot-4 with the arms and shoulders of a WNBA center. But women turn out in droves, smiling and taking pictures and somehow entrusting the most important day of their lives to a salon that couldn't even get a piece of cardboard right.

The convention ends with Alexa and The Glam Factory throwing a strange fashion show called "Glamazons from Glamazonia," where a bunch of unsuspecting 18-year-old girls have makeup smeared across their face and are forced to march across the stage to pity applause. It also appeared one was forced to suffer electrocution to obtain the desired hairstyle, but I can't prove that.

Random notes:

• At the bridal show, a chipper fiancee brags to the mopey Gigi that she just can't imagine living the single life, because of all that crippling loneliness. "Aw, you'll get there," the mean woman says when she realizes Gigi lives that horrible existence that makes her so sick. This should be a rule: Never crush the soul of someone who has you stuck in a chair while they wield a barrage of sharp objects.

• Gigi, lamenting her singleness, admits that "being in the Cape May area was really hard for me." Yeah, we've all been through that, Gigi. You just need to get into bird-watching and antique dollhouses, you'll learn to love it.

• In that same scene, did you notice that Gigi was staring out into the ocean longingly and rubbing her empty ring finger? You better have, because they showed about five minutes of her doing that.
Re: Jerseylicious by junnydavis: 8:30am On Jul 08, 2011
i love kandra the most 1
Re: Jerseylicious by saintkola(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
#TeamTracy here! Olivia is a self absorbed and manipulative freak, she's always trying to play the victim, Doria is just irritating. Gayle cares about nobody but her business & don't even get me started on Alexa.
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2011
Team Tracy my as5,
tracy is a bi.tch and a big fool.
Always trying to pick up a fight with olivia.
She snatched olivia's bestfriend, her boyfriend (lorenzo) even when they were stil dating but was cryn when she found out olivia is with mikey.
She's an Olivia wanna-be, can u remember when she spat @ olivia's face? That was cruel.
The only good thing about Traytease is that she's good @ her job and she always aims high
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
And as for Gi, the only thing she dreams is getting married, having kids, baby showers etc.
I wonder if she has any goals or objectives concerning her career.
She's a good example of a typical house wife. She's so absorbed in family stuffs.
Never seen her trying to build her profile like others.
I still like her though but she needs to be ambitious career-wise
Re: Jerseylicious by dominique(f): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
The only good thing about Traytease is that she's good @ her job and she always aims high

exactly! she's a very determined go-getter. if she wasn't so mean she would have been my favourite character.
Re: Jerseylicious by shola4sure(m): 8:40am On Jul 26, 2011
the concept is nice but too much drama plu it all seems acted and fake wink
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2011
dominique:

exactly! she's a very determined go-getter. if she wasn't so mean she ??'"would have"'?? been my favourite character.

i thought u said she's your fav character
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2011
shola4sure:

the concept is nice but too much drama plu it all seems acted and fake wink

@ least it's far better and constructive than the kardashians
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2011
WackyJ1:

I like Alexa because of her political position(ambassador of b.o.obs)

ambassador of b.o.o.b.s.
ROTFL.
So so tru.
Even olivia almst had a br.east implant.
Dn't knw if Alexa's are real
Re: Jerseylicious by saintkola(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
Alexa's boobs are very real.
I still love me some Tracy though!
Re: Jerseylicious by adeibi: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
saintkola:

Alexa's bosoms are very real.
I still love me some Tracy though!
ok real or not her bras are also performing wonders too.
I loooove my Olivia too jare.
Olivia est la bomba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“When You Are Mine” Vs “the Gardener’s Daughter.” / Alfa Sule: Oti Gan Pa: Have You Watched It? / Where To Download Queen Of The South S2???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.