Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

"You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness (8889 Views)

Ya’u Darazo Defends Tinubu, Blames Opposition For Stoking Fire / You Are A Sex Offender And You Ran Away To Canada - Gov Akeredolu’s Wife Slams / Darkness Can’t Overcome Light, Says Obaseki’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Penaldo: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2020
Betsy Obaseki

Edo State First Lady, Mrs. Betsy Obaseki has for the first time openly spoken on the absence of children in her home and chided those who have used the issue to make politics.

She described such people as lacking understanding of the times and seasons that are in the hands of God.

Mrs. Obaseki spoke on the issue at the weekend when answering a question during a zoom meeting.

Responding to a question from a caller based in Britain on not having her biological children, Mrs. Obaseki said:

“I hear some people saying all sorts of things about us but I know nobody in his right senses would make jest of people who do not have their own children, but my advice for those in my shoes is to ignore them and focus on God.

“Children are a gift from God, so one must be patient with God and I really don’t mind what humans are saying as I know I have many children here in Edo to care for as the wife of the governor.

“On the other hand, I will advise proper check-up and do other things as advised by medical experts, do all medical investigations, but you know at times everything is right with you and it’s not just coming but that is when you actually need to hope on God”.

“You could try many other ways like IVS etc, but at times they don’t work, but you must be calm, relax and leave everything to God. For me, I’m very busy here in Edo, especially with my husband being the Governor, we have more than enough children here in Edo to care about and I really pity those mocking us. They don’t understand the issues of life”.

She noted that her husband has placed high premium on women empowerment programmes in Edo State, saying over 400 women were already part of government at different capacities.

“My husband has absolute confidence in Edo women, he has always talked about their loyalty and trustworthiness that is why he has over 400 of them in his government at different levels and he has always praised them for putting up excellent performances in their position,” she said.

https://www.inform.ng/post/you-are-not-god-obaseki-wife-slams-opposition-for-mocking-her-with-childlessness

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Golan007: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nobody mocked you.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Prettychichi21(f): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mtcheew..we all know its a contract marriage angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Lifestone(m): 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
Prettychichi21:
How? Provide more details

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Realerreal: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Prettychichi21:

Bitterness will finish you!

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Realerreal: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
Golan007:
Nobody mocked you.

You think everyone is unstable as yourself to put such sensitive information out there for nothing right. Wicked soul.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by CilicMarin: 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Trying to buy sympathy....

Madam Nobody Cares!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
CilicMarin:
Trying to buy sympathy....

Madam Nobody Cares!

So in your deepest of mind, you think a woman would use childlessness to seek sympathy? Despite having all the resources at her disposal..

This is too low even for you.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by NnadyAutos: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Madam, keep on believing God, at the due time you will carry your own baby.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Cyberterror: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
Trying to buy sympathy. Just because they asked your husband why he left you at home instead of being part of his campaign train like most women who are proud of their husbands would be.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
Wow
Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Golan007: 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Realerreal:

You think everyone is unstable as yourself to put such sensitive information out there for nothing right. Wicked soul.

It is your kind that would mock her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
So Obaseki no get pikin?
Why do much fight for power?

Make him go adopt naaa?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by daddytime(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Classlessness and pettiness at its peak if indeed true.

I had been waiting to see or hear if this road will be towed.

I'm not surprised though, no be Nigerian politics again?

2 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by spectackpeters(m): 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
Her time of fruitfulness has come... Praise God
Golan007:
Nobody mocked you.

8 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by wallex1983(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mocking about childlessness is way too far.

Some grounds are best not stepped upon, come what may.

17 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by BREYZ: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
I just don't know why some Nigerians just derive pleasure in mocking women who are childless, it is indeed shameful. We now play politics with everything.

4 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by sammysneh(m): 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
Don't mock anyone because you don't know tomorrow

7 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Nadaken: 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
I don't think anyone has mocked her on that (if so that is very low and condemnable)

I think the criticism was about not seeing her in the nature of a governor wife like a typical Nigeria first lady.

She just pops up to issue order

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nobody is mocking your childlessness madam
Obaseki still needs Oshiomhole's popularity to campaign.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Miracle1991: 9:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
Wife no fine, husband be like masquerade . Pls who joined these two?

1 Like

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Miracle1991: 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nobody mocked her, she is just trying to buy sympathy.
Or can somebody show us a link where APC mocked her?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by seunmsg(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
How low can our political elites go? This one is using her childlessness to score cheap political points. Smh!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by vixpal: 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
Post evidence of people that mock you on childlessness or shut up

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Charmingrascal(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
Which idiot was so petty and uncultured to mock a woman's barrenness because of politics.

6 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by muller101(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
sammysneh:
Tomorrow is Tuesday.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by Macphenson: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Okooo
Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by anonimi: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Miracle1991:
Wife no fine, husband be like masquerade . Pls who joined these two?

The pastor who gave you a miracle in 1991.

5 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by raumdeuter: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
But Obaseki your husband was singing about Oshiomoles wife leaving him and you no complain nor caution him

Obaseki: "Osho carry money marry Oyinbo, Oyinbo runaway Osho dey cry"

The same wedding wey be say na Obaseki be groomsman na him he take dey insult Oshiomole
Video in the link below

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2726855277534370

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12244556_obaseki_jpegddf355c099074ecd75e72b53d5224518

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by anonimi: 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
sammysneh:

In fact God can kill all the children of those mocking her, as He did to Job aka Ayoub in Islam.

1 Like

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by anonimi: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
raumdeuter:
But Obaseki your husband was singing about Oshiomoles wife leaving him and you no complain nor caution him

Video of the singing, or you have to wear a LIAR LIAR badge for 24 hours

5 Likes

Re: "You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness by anonimi: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Which idiot was so petty and uncultured to mock a woman's barrenness because of politics.

One can’t put it beyond the winchious followers of the Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC coven dwellers and their brooms.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Not At G7 Meeting - Real Pictures/video From The Event Yesterday / Grass Cutting Scandal: Workers Sue Firm Linked To Babachir / Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.