Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards (1381 Views)

See Why The Nigeria Naira Is Rapidly Depreciating Against The Dollar / History Of Nigerian Naira, Symbol, Sign And Worth. / Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by TruthinAction: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2020
This question has been bothering me. Nigeria is not a small country and is a very large market for foreign products including computers and all kinds of phones. But when one types and you to type the Naira symbol, you don't find it. I think we have to insist on it. Even in Microsoft Word, it is not included in the symbols you can insert. I think it's time we speak up against this disrespect for Nigeria. They don't regard us and we are making them rich.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by donbachi(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2020
Cos naira has no value.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by thesicilian: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2020
When you start making your own computer parts, you can put your country's currency symbol on any part you like. You can't blame a private foreign company for choosing to make their own products how they want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by flyingpig: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2020
TruthinAction:
This question has been bothering me. Nigeria is not a small country and is a very large market for foreign products including computers and all kinds of phones. But when one types and you to type the Naira symbol, you don't find it. I think we have to insist on it. Even in Microsoft Word, it is not included in the symbols you can insert. I think it's time we speak up against this disrespect for Nigeria. They don't regard us and we are making them rich.
I agree with you. We're being disrespected despite being a dump yard for IT gadgets and softwares. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2020
1. Black.
2. Third World Country.
3. No one is complaining.

Even our made in Nigeria phones sef doesn't have the naira sign.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by Vyzz: 9:59am On Sep 02, 2020
cool
Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by TruthinAction: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:
I agree with you. We're being disrespected despite being a dump yard for IT gadgets and softwares. angry

This is why we need to speak up. These foreign countries are just interested in our monies. They contributed to the devaluation of our Naira. And they don't want to recognize it. But it was far higher than the dollar years back.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2020
[s]
TruthinAction:
[/s]

Crap.

What about manufacturing your own keyboards and putting your Naira sign or whatever the fck you want on the keys? Or is anyone holding Nigeria back from doing that?
China has it's keyboard with it's language on it, same with Russia and all other tangible countries.
As one would have expected, all what Black African can do is cry and wail about why Naira sign isn't on a Keyboard manufactured in America and elsewhere.
Continue waiting and wailing.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by Lilgabby(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2020
That's racism for you. It runs in those fuckn white asses.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by Born2conquer: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2020
If they add all the currencies symbols on the keyboard

Will you have any spot left for the alphabets?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Naira Symbol Not In Any Key On Keyboards by hardon1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
I heard its in zinox computers keyboard

(1) (Reply)

Bringing Bears Into Nigeria / This Is The Most Unethical And Hypocritical Act Of All Time. / Paraffin Wax For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.