Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. (25197 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Help On Wire Transfer / How To Receive Money From Abroad Via Wire Transfer Into Your Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by DualCore1: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2011
I need to be making frequent wire transfers to US and I want to use GTBank for this.

Can someone please give a detailed explanation as to how this can be done?

P.S: I need to open a corporate account, current and a dorm account with GTB, any GTBank staff/account officer who would want to help with this? Person has to be with a branch in the main Port Harcourt city (Trans-Amadi, Aba road etc).
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:07am On Feb 23, 2011
I wouldn't know if the policy of GTB has changed because I opened my own domiciliary account in 2006. There and then, what they asked for are as follows:
1. Photo ID e.g International Passport, National ID card, Drivers License
2. Proof of address e.g Electricity bill, water bill or any recognised billing system
3. 2 references
and there you go, it was opened for me. And the moment they create the account for you, you are automatically entitled to have Dollar acct; pounds acct; naira savings account
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by DualCore1: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
Thanks a lot for this information. Can it be opened with a savings account?
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by emi234: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2011
@dual core. you can go to this website www.paytransaction.com they have a bank wire service and will take a little charge. their service is very reliable and fast. They will send the wire for you while u pay them in naira and save yourself the stress of opening accounts with banks.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by CRYPTIC101: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
i have tried this guys at paytransaction.com, gave them naira and sent dollars to US, ont know abt other currencies, find out from them. why open a dorm acct when charges will be deducted even when there is infrequent usage? they just got the stuff tidied up in minimal time. how they do it i cant tell. bt it worked for me. give it a try if u can.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by igeluma: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2011
Paytransaction.com is very reliable for bank wire service,i have be using their services for some times nowyou will be saved a lot of stress using domicillary account.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Echtim(m): 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
l'll give it a trial.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by ifyalways(f): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
igeluma:

Paytransaction.com is very reliable for bank wire service,i have be using their services for some times nowyou will be saved a lot of stress using domicillary account.
Chairman
emi234:

@dual core. you can go to this website www.paytransaction.com they have a bank wire service and will take a little charge. their service is very reliable and fast. They will send the wire for you while u pay them in naira and save yourself the stress of opening accounts with banks.
Secretary
CRYPTIC101:

i have tried this guys at paytransaction.com, gave them naira and sent dollars to US, ont know abt other currencies, find out from them. why open a dorm acct when charges will be deducted even when there is infrequent usage? they just got the stuff tidied up in minimal time. how they do it i cant tell. bt it worked for me. give it a try if u can.
Foot soilder.
Echtim:

l'll give it a trial.
Catcher.
Full house . . .
grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Osama10(m): 4:35am On Mar 11, 2011
ifyalways:

ChairmanSecretaryFoot soilder.Catcher.
Full house . . .
grin cheesy grin

Nice, I was just laughing at them. grin
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by CRYPTIC101: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ifyalways, you de craze o, do you think i work for them? I only used thier service to fund my alertpay and send a bank wire to my cousin in sweden once and they were very efficient. Even when the was delay in funding my alertpay account, they called me on phone and apologize and gave me option to either be patience a bit or get a refund of my moni, since their outlook was good, i told them i'll wait, and finally my account was funded the next day. For the bank wire my cousin recieved it the next day after i paid it the moni and he called me. so after all that why wont i not say good things about them. Besides check their site, they are based in calabar and i stay in lagos. so beta watch your mouth b4 u talk,
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by gabriel4u(m): 11:24am On Mar 15, 2011
CRYPTIC101:

@ifyalways, you de craze o, do you think i work for them? I only used thier service to fund my alertpay and send a bank wire to my cousin in sweden once and they were very efficient. Even when the was delay in funding my alertpay account, they called me on phone and apologize and gave me option to either be patience a bit or get a refund of my moni, since their outlook was good, i told them i'll wait, and finally my account was funded the next day. For the bank wire my cousin recieved it the next day after i paid it the moni and he called me. so after all that why wont i not say good things about them. Besides check their site, they are based in calabar and i stay in lagos. so beta watch your mouth b4 u talk,

You don't have to be angry, he (ifyalways) might just be joking and me while, u were not the only one included.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by scemchee(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2011
ifyalways:

Full house . . .
grin cheesy grin
na so dem go dey do.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2011
ifyalways:

Full house . . .
grin cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by DanielTos(m): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
yea. if you really need a usa mastercard delivered to your door step within 40 working days all you need to do is just PAY the sum of #2500 to ME AND I WILL SEND YOU THE WEBSITE.IMMEDATELY YOU GOT INTO THE SITE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERY THING.NOTE YOU MUST HAVE A VALUED IDENTITY CARD.
CALL ME ON THIS NO +2347068739826 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2011
^^^
Guy please just share

1 Like

Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by 3RNEST(m): 6:56am On Apr 23, 2011
> @OP, i do used GTBank here in Liberia, but my purpose was to recieved money thru GTMT transfer, rite now i want to know if same process will work in Buying L_R from Nigeria cuz nobody sell L_R in Liberia.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by gbenger2: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2011
you can do this anywhere you are provided you have account with the bank first. Most preferably domm account. after this, ask the bank for their routing number which you will send to the receiving party and the transaction made smoothly from there.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by 3RNEST(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
> are u referinq to me?
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by oluyale(m): 1:24am On Apr 27, 2011
Dual Core:

I need to be making frequent wire transfers to US and I want to use GTBank for this.

Can someone please give a detailed explanation as to how this can be done?

P.S: I need to open a corporate account, current and a dorm account with GTB, any GTBank staff/account officer who would want to help with this? Person has to be with a branch in the main Port Harcourt city (Trans-Amadi, Aba road etc).

You will need a dorm Account,
charges 1% commission on amt transfer, and 5%vat on the 1% commission + 3000Naira for Telex charges.
you can do up to $10,000/day and $35,000/week.

If you need other info call 08027180715

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by JagaJaga1: 3:19am On May 01, 2011
@oluyale GTB charges 10% commission of the principal amount, 5% VAT of the 10%, 2000 naira telex charges and $25 offshore charges.

I'm planning to send 2.7 million naira to a school in Norway. Since the bank charges will amount to almost 300,000 naira, i am looking for anyother cheaper option.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by kingsleyp: 10:07am On May 01, 2011
Educate me Nairalanders. He that stops learning is old
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Nobody: 8:29am On May 03, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

@oluyale GTB charges 10% commission of the principal amount, 5% VAT of the 10%, 2000 naira telex charges and $25 offshore charges.

I'm planning to send 2.7 million naira to a school in Norway. Since the bank charges will amount to almost 300,000 naira, i am looking for anyother cheaper option.
Are you sure, this pricing is outrageous, what the banks in this country turning into?
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 03, 2011
@Poster

For funds transfer through GTBank (which you can also carry out via your internet banking platform), the charges are as listed below

Telex Charge = N3,000
FX commission = 1% (or $10 whichever one is higher)
VAT = 0.5% of the FX commission

N.B: The offshore charge of 25 dollars or 12 pounds can either be borne by the sender or receiver

Kindly walk into any GTBank branch to do business with the bank

1 Like

Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by JagaJaga1: 3:18pm On May 03, 2011
I am serious.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 03, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

I am serious.
Then I suggest you open a dorm account with oceanic and then apply for a visacard that will be linked to the dorm account, then you can transfer with the visacard and have the money get there instantly and also reduce cost drastically
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by EMERITUS85(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2011
please any matured guy runing an acct at gtb, living at onitsha should please notify me for some help. My number is 08067194050 email emeritus865@gmail.com pls its urgent.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by JagaJaga1: 11:58pm On May 18, 2011
I own a GTBank Mastercard and i want to pay €60 visa application fee on an embassy's website. Is it possible for the said amount to be taken from the card in dollars.
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by casxchange: 4:28pm On May 19, 2011
do your money transfer through western union in Nigeria. the charges are reasonable and fast. no bank, account no documents. this my mail address fxqueenthe1st@gmail.com

I have done it severally and i am sure it will benefit you too if you try
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by klas(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

I own a GTBank Mastercard and i want to pay €60 visa application fee on an embassy's website. Is it possible for the said amount to be taken from the card in dollars.

Yes. The embassy will be credited in euro while your account is debitted in dollars. it is just like you using the dollar mastercard on a naira atm, naira will be dispensed but your card will be charged in dollar at rulling rate plus $3.50 commission
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by dailydolla4u(m): 11:49pm On May 20, 2011
Can some1 help me with info about gtb naira mastercard. What and what do 1 need 2 have b4 qualified 2 ve one. 2. Is acceptable in most of d online stores. Pls help
Re: Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. by JAZES(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

Oga no be 10% oo, na 1%. Na where u get ur own 10%?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Me About World Bank Grant It Real Come In Now / How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV / How To Start VTU Business With RAGP COMPANY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.