Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,495 members, 7,958,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours (18181 Views)

Alone (2015) Opening Day Box Office Business Report / NTA News and Radio Nigeria On Your Desktop / Amstel Malta Box Office: Worthy of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 9:04am On Feb 13, 2012
65th BAFTA Film Awards Winners:

BEST FILM

THE ARTIST - Thomas Langmann

OUTSTANDING BRITISH FILM

TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY - Tomas Alfredson, Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Robyn Slovo, Bridget O'Connor, Peter Straughan

OUTSTANDING DEBUT BY A BRITISH WRITER, DIRECTOR OR PRODUCER

TYRANNOSAUR - Paddy Considine (Director), Diarmid Scrimshaw (Producer)

DIRECTOR

THE ARTIST - Michel Hazanavicius

DOCUMENTARY

SENNA - Asif Kapadia

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

THE ARTIST - Michel Hazanavicius

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY - Bridget O'Connor, Peter Straughan

FILM NOT IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

THE SKIN I LIVE IN - Pedro Almodóvar, Agustin Almodóvar

ANIMATED FILM

RANGO - Gore Verbinski

LEADING ACTOR

JEAN DUJARDIN - The Artist

LEADING ACTRESS

MERYL STREEP - The Iron Lady

SUPPORTING ACTOR

CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER - Beginners

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

OCTAVIA SPENCER - The Help

ORIGINAL MUSIC

THE ARTIST - Ludovic Bource

CINEMATOGRAPHY

THE ARTIST - Guillaume Schiffman

EDITING

SENNA - Gregers Sall, Chris King

PRODUCTION DESIGN

HUGO - Dante Ferretti, Francesca Lo Schiavo

COSTUME DESIGN

THE ARTIST - Mark Bridges

SOUND

HUGO - Philip Stockton, Eugene Gearty, Tom Fleischman, John Midgley

SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS – PART 2 - Tim Burke, John Richardson, Greg Butler, David Vickery

MAKE UP & HAIR

THE IRON LADY - Marese Langan

SHORT ANIMATION

A MORNING STROLL - Grant Orchard, Sue Goffe

SHORT FILM

PITCH BLACK HEIST - John Maclean, Gerardine O'Flynn

ORANGE WEDNESDAYS RISING STAR AWARD

ADAM DEACON
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
Rest in Peace Whitney Houston (1963 - 2012)  cry

Even though "The Bodyguard" film sucked, I'll always love your music.  smiley
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2012
Which kind The Bodyguard movie sucked? I loved the thing jare. And the ending! Whitney seemed to have become something else and I have detached about her. It somehow feels like she had died a long time ago. RIP.

I'm beginning to get out of my pessimistic fog about The Bourne Legacy. I'm getting excited now. That cast looks superb
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by chika98: 6:48am On Feb 14, 2012
vescucci:

Which kind The Bodyguard movie sucked? I loved the thing jare. And the ending! Whitney seemed to have become something else and I have detached about her. It somehow feels like she had died a long time ago. RIP.

I'm beginning to get out of my pessimistic fog about The Bourne Legacy. I'm getting excited now. That cast looks superb

I watched the trailer today and I'm very open minded about it.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2012
Lol. Which means you weren't holding your breath before either. We'll see how it turns out. You can't judge a movie by it's cast nowadays but this would be pushing it. I'd have loved to see Liev Schreiber in this film somewhere. Love that dude
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by kunlefox(m): 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
Is it only me?, i f*cking can't wait till "Hobbit" hit cinemas, just saw the trailer, definitely my most anticipated movie for 2012
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by Vieira(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2012
For me I am waiting for Avengers!
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by eghost247(m): 7:53am On Feb 21, 2012
^^^^^ ;d ;d ;d
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 11:56am On Feb 27, 2012
84TH ACADEMY AWARDS WINNERS LIST:

1. Best Picture: "The Artist."

2. Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, "The Artist."

3. Actress: Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady."

4. Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, "Beginners."

5. Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, "The Help."

6. Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist."

7. Foreign Language Film: "A Separation," Iran.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, "The Descendants."

9. Original Screenplay: Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Rango."

11. Art Direction: "Hugo."

12. Cinematography: "Hugo."

13. Sound Mixing: "Hugo."

14. Sound Editing: "Hugo."

15. Original Score: "The Artist."

16. Original Song: "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets."

17. Costume Design: "The Artist."

18. Documentary Feature: "Undefeated."

19. Documentary Short: "Saving Face."

20. Film Editing: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

21. Best Makeup: "The Iron Lady."

22. Animated Short Film: "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore."

23. Live Action Short Film: "The Shore."

24. Best Visual Effects: "Hugo."
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
32ND GOLDEN RASPBERRY AWARDS NOMINATIONS LIST:

Worst Picture

* Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
* Jack and Jill
* New Year's Eve
* Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

Worst Actor

* Russell Brand - Arthur
* Nicolas Cage - Drive Angry, Season of the Witch and Trespass
* Taylor Lautner - Abduction and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
* Adam Sandler - Jack and Jill (as Jack) and Just Go with It
* Nick Swardson - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star

Worst Actress

* Martin Lawrence (as Big Momma) - Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
* Sarah Palin (as herself) - The Undefeated
* Sarah Jessica Parker - I Don’t Know How She Does It and New Year’s Eve
* Adam Sandler (as Jill) - Jack and Jill
* Kristen Stewart - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

Worst Supporting Actor

* Patrick Dempsey - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* James Franco - Your Highness
* Ken Jeong - Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, The Hangover Part II, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, and Zookeeper
* Al Pacino - Jack and Jill
* Nick Swardson - Jack and Jill and Just Go with It

Worst Supporting Actress

* Katie Holmes - Jack and Jill
* Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* Brandon T. Jackson (as Charmaine) - Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
* Nicole Kidman - Just Go with It
* David Spade (as Monica) - Jack and Jill

Worst Director

* Michael Bay - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* Tom Brady - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
* Bill Condon - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
* Dennis Dugan - Jack and Jill and Just Go with It
* Garry Marshall - New Year's Eve

Worst Screenplay

* Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
* Jack and Jill
* New Year's Eve
* Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Worst Screen Couple

* Nicolas Cage & Anyone Sharing the Screen with Him in Any of His Three 2011 Movies (Drive Angry, Season of the Witch and Trespass)
* Shia LaBeouf & The Underwear Model (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley) - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* Adam Sandler & EITHER Jennifer Aniston OR Brooklyn Decker - Just Go with It
* Adam Sandler & EITHER Katie Holmes, Al Pacino OR Adam Sandler - Jack and Jill
* Kristen Stewart & EITHER Taylor Lautner OR Robert Pattinson - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel

* Arthur
* Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (Rip-off of Boogie Nights and A Star Is Born)
* The Hangover Part II
* Jack and Jill (Remake/Rip-off of Ed Wood's Classic Glen or Glenda)

Worst Screen Ensemble

* The Entire Cast of Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
* The Entire Cast of Jack and Jill
* The Entire Cast of New Year’s Eve
* The Entire Cast of Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* The Entire Cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

The awards ceremony takes place on April 1 2012.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
LMAO at this: Nicolas Cage - Drive Angry, Season of the Witch and Trespass. It must require some form of talent to be as messed up as Nicolas Cage has become.

Also funny how the raspberries are being shared by a select chosen few movies and participants. The dirty bomb was contained in a very strong magnetic field this time
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by FBS: 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
Adam Sandler messed up big time with his Jack and Jill. Rubbish.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2012
Nigerias Adepero Oduye who starred in Pariah Joins The Big League As She Teams Up With Michael Fassbender, Chiwetel Ejiofor & Brad Pitt

http://www.moviemarkers.net/movie-news/adepero-oduye-joins-the-big-league/

Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
Jackie Chan Sets Release Date For Armour Of God 3 “Chinese Zodiac”
The movie is originally titled Chinese Zodiac and it stars Jackie in what has been said to be his last movie with the stunts we know him for. Jackie ain’t as young as he used to be, we all saw the Karate Kid remake starring Jaden Smith, and so im surprised he actually wants to try some of the stunts himself

http://www.moviemarkers.net/movie-news/jackie-chan-sets-release-date-for-armour-of-god-3-chinese-zodiac/

Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2012
Mickey Rourke And Rosario Dawson Confirmed For Sin City Prequel ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’
After word broke that Robert Rodriguez would be directing the prequel to 2005′s Sin City, people started asking questions like which actor would be coming back and when would he start shooting the movie. With Rodriguez finally getting financing to make Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For more information on the project is expected as ths would be one of those closely monitored ones.
Rodriguez in an interview with MTV mentioned the first actors to join the cast of this movie;

http://www.moviemarkers.net/movie-news/mickey-rourke-and-rosario-dawson-confirmed-for-sin-city-prequel-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Double wahala for Nigerian Youths.The BBnaija Factor. / Lala Akindoju To Host 2019 AMAA Awards / Phyna Cries Out To Nigerians To Help Her Recover 1BTC Promised Her By BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.