Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,676 members, 7,851,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Rivers 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers 2023 (953 Views)

Rivers 2023: APC Will Address Hunger, Poverty - Amaechi / Rivers 2023: Bernard Mikko Asks Court To Disqualify Tonye Cole / Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers 2023 by IjawKonsortium(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
It's no longer news even if it's not confirmed yet, the succession plans of the present governor of Rivers State E.N Wike.
An indigene Soibi Sokari posted on her Facebook page.

����'� ���� ���� ������� �������� �� 2023 ���������

Wike has deviced a New Strategy to return Power to the Upland. His Strategy is to Promise the Governorship to as many Riverine politicians as he can, which will cause disaffection amongst the Riverine players and divide us into parallel sections. When this happens, it will give the one Candidate of his Choice, From the Upland whom we perceive will be ������ ������ a smooth Pass to pick the party Flag.

����: that this is what played out in 2015 when Kalabaris flooded the arena to contest, making it easy for him to hijack the process.

This time he's gradually creating an artificial crisis between the Riverine Politicians so that they'll be so discorded that because he had promised you, leaving it for another would seem like you have given your mandate to another so you will rather continue in the race having in mind that you're the ������ ��� and others are merely ����������� (Opponents)

�������� ������, ���� �� ���� ���� ��������. ���'� ���� ������� �� ��� �������� �� ��� ������ ���.

��� ���� �� �� ��, �� ������ ���� �������� �� ������ ��� ��������� �������, ���� �� ���� ����� ��� �������� ��������� �� ��� ����� �� �������.

��� ������� ��� ������� �� ��������� ��� ���� ���������� -- �����, ��� ��� ������� ����� ����� ����� �� ��� �������� ������ �� ������ ����� �� ���� ��� ���� ������ ���� �� �� ����� �� ��� ���� ���.

��'�� ���� �������� ���� ��'�� ��������...
Re: Rivers 2023 by ijawcitizen(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
The Kalabaris should be very diplomatic this time around. The Rivers Ijaw Project should vigorously and effectively coordinate the Kalabaris in presenting a good candidate, and also get the support of other Ijaw groups in the state and of course, other ethnic groups especially ogoni and ikwerre.

They should make sure that the Ijaw nation do not field multiple candidates, or at least the two major parties field Ijaw candidates. The groundwork of sensitizing various Ijaw interest groups and communities through meaningful consultations and seminars must start now.
Re: Rivers 2023 by tutudesz: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
ijawcitizen:
The Kalabaris should be very diplomatic this time around. The Rivers Ijaw Project should vigorously and effectively coordinate the Kalabaris in presenting a good candidate, and also get the support of other Ijaw groups in the state and of course, other ethnic groups especially ogoni and ikwerre.

They should make sure that the Ijaw nation do not field multiple candidates, or at least the two major parties field Ijaw candidates. The groundwork of sensitizing various Ijaw interest groups and communities through meaningful consultations and seminars must start now.
No Ijaw leader is even talking about Rivers 2023 agenda undecided I expect the IYC and other Ijaw group to be drumming support for a Ijaw man to be governor, APC will surely present a Ijaw man again and with the appointment of a Rivers man has coordinator PAP

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023 by Kinematics: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
The Kalabaris are not the only ones in Rivers State. There are other people in Rivers State as well. The Ikwerres should give way and let others taste power as well.

Let's stop singling out only one tribe. The Opobos, Andonis, Bonny, Abuans, Okrikans, Ekpeye, Engeni, Etches, Ogonis, Oyigbo and Omumas have not tasted power. So let any of these including the Kalabaris hustle for the ticket.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers 2023 by dukeprince50: 8:37am On Sep 07, 2020
ijawcitizen:

Kalabari cannot produce a candidate, we are divided.
Buguma wants to tell Abonnema he is better, Abonnema also feels like Kula man should be below him

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023 by ijawcitizen(m): 8:49am On Sep 07, 2020
dukeprince50:
Kalabari cannot produce a candidate, we are divided.
Buguma wants to tell Abonnema he is better, Abonnema also feels like Kula man should be below him

Or maybe you really do not understand what you are talking about. Stop spreading bearpalour gossips.
Re: Rivers 2023 by dukeprince50: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2020
ijawcitizen:

Or maybe you really do not understand what you are talking about. Stop spreading bearpalour gossips.
lol, deep in the heart of a kalabari man, that is what they all feel, its not every Kalabari but Buguma, Abonnema and Kula.
If u are not from any part of this three, u won't know
Re: Rivers 2023 by AwkaFinest: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2020
ijawcitizen:

In as much as I support power going to Riverine, this stories of Kalabari is becoming unbecoming. Kalabaris should thread with caution not to anger the other Riverines. Governorship is no ones birthright

2 Likes

Re: Rivers 2023 by ijawcitizen(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2020
dukeprince50:
lol, deep in the heart of a kalabari man, that is what they all feel, its not every Kalabari but Buguma, Abonnema and Kula.
The same beer palour talk
Re: Rivers 2023 by OfoIgbo: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2020
The Ikwerre people have definitely had more than their fair share, truth be told. Ndoni also.

Ogonis, Ndokis, Okrikans, Kalabaris, Ogbas, Egbemas, Omumas, Asas, Ekpeyes, Andonis, Etches, Ubanis, Ibanis e.t.c. over to you

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023 by ijawcitizen(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
OfoIgbo:
The Ikwerre people have definitely had more than their fair share, truth be told. Ndoni also.

Ogonis, Ndokis, Okrikans, Kalabaris, Ogbas, Egbemas, Omumas, Asas, Ekpeyes, Andonis, Etches, Ubanis, Ibanis e.t.c. over to you
Raw igbo divide and conquer tactics
Re: Rivers 2023 by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
dukeprince50:
the average Kalabari man is pompous and over arrogant even when nothing gum am. Run up to 2015 elections, they shot themselves in the foot giving Wike free passage to Govt house and it will play out again in 2023 except they get their act together today o not next year. Support a consensus kalabari candidate in each major party.

Mind you, I have very strong ties in Buguma who are my in-laws as I visit there very regularly and also Abonemma so I’m talking out of experience. The Ijaw/Riverine communities are too arrogant and divided to put up any strong challenge. What structure have any of the leading candidates put on ground to promote themselves ? It’s not by chilling in Lagos or Abuja till the dying minute before remembering you want to contest an election

Egberi fa o cool
Re: Rivers 2023 by WorWorBoy: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kinematics:
The Kalabaris are not the only ones in Rivers State. There are other people in Rivers State as well. The Ikwerres should give way and let others taste power as well.

Let's stop singling out only one tribe. The Opobos, Andonis, Bonny, Abuans, Okrikans, Ekpeye, Engeni, Etches, Ogonis, Oyigbo and Omumas have not tasted power. So let any of these including the Kalabaris hustle for the ticket.
Well said. smiley

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023 by dukeprince50: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
the average Kalabari man is pompous and over arrogant even when nothing gum am. Run up to 2015 elections, they shot themselves in the foot giving Wike free passage to Govt house and it will play out again in 2023 except they get their act together today o not next year. Support a consensus kalabari candidate in each major party.

Mind you, I have very strong ties in Buguma who are my in-laws as I visit there very regularly and also Abonemma so I’m talking out of experience. The Ijaw/Riverine communities are too arrogant and divided to put up any strong challenge. What structure have any of the leading candidates put on ground to promote themselves ? It’s not by chilling in Lagos or Abuja till the dying minute before remembering you want to contest an election

Egberi fa o cool
seems u are from Bayelsa, actually I am from Abonnema and I tell u, my people are stupid and pompous
Re: Rivers 2023 by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2020
dukeprince50:
seems u are from Bayelsa, actually I am from Abonnema and I tell u, my people are stupid and pompous
Abonemma is a second home to me, I have friends who’s parents have taken me as their own child and can sleep in many compounds there at any moments visit. Yes I’m from Bayelsa while I have in-laws from Buguma. Like I said earlier, if the Kalabari want to go forward politically, they have to get rid of their arrogance and old name syndrome if not their political rivals will just line up behind one name (which won’t be Kalabari again) and they’ll lose out as usual
Re: Rivers 2023 by bigpriik: 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
grin grin Nigerians shooting themselves on the leg since 1960 in the name of Igbo oppression..

You guys carved parts of igboland into The southsouth now they have dominated you guys because its on our DNA we never carry last you guys will remain our slaves in Rivers and delta state don't worry.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Rivers 2023 by OfoIgbo: 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
ijawcitizen:

I also divided the Igbo groups so I don't know what you are going on about
Re: Rivers 2023 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
ijawcitizen:
I thought there are no igbos in Rivers State ?

Please and please leave igbos alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers 2023 by ijawcitizen(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I also divided the Igbo groups so I don't know what you are going on about

Yeah, but they are not the subject of discussion here, so we are saying the same thing. I know exactly what you are doing.
Re: Rivers 2023 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2020
Keep the comments flowing...

I'm following promptly.
Re: Rivers 2023 by OfoIgbo: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
ijawcitizen:

Yeah, but they are not the subject of discussion here, so we are saying the same thing. I know exactly what you are doing.

The topic of this thread is Rivers 2023. Are the ethnic groups that I mentioned not in RIVERS, and shouldn't they all be interested in 2023?

The Ogoni has as much right (if not more, as they have never produced the governor of either old or new Rivers state) to talk about producing the governor come 2023, as the Kalabari.

The Ndoki has as much right to talk about producing the governor as the Andoni, after all they are different ethnic groups.

The Ogba has as much right to produce the governor, as Ekpeye.

The Ubani has a much right to produce the governor, as the Ibani.
Re: Rivers 2023 by Bkayyy: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
Igbochief001:

I thought there are no igbos in Rivers State ?

Please and please leave igbos alone
This is becoming confusing. We have been cleared on this forum that there are no Igbos in Rivers state and south south at large but when push comes to shove like what happened yesterday when some alleged youths from oyigbo in Rivers state allegedly killed two hausa the same hypocrites that will give you 5000 reasons why some people that speak Igbo in South south are not Igbo starting raining hell on Ndigbo even Mr. Arrewa that calls Igbos attachee by force starting threatening reprisals on "Igbos" in the north with our western brothers that will call you derogatory names if you call any south south Igbo fanning it. None of them accused "delta Igbo", none of them threatened "Niger Delta", I didn't see anybody text "ikwerre" or "Rivers Igbo", "Anioma" or "Bini"
All they threatened was "Igbo".
I've never seen such hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Rivers 2023 by HarryDuce(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
Despite the media clout on the issue, the riverine tribes do no trust themselves - especially the Kalabaris.

Besides, there are other tribes in Rivers state.
Re: Rivers 2023 by Blackking98(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
Bkayyy:

This is becoming confusing. We have been cleared on this forum that there are no Igbos in Rivers state and south south at large but when push comes to shove like what happened yesterday when some alleged youths from oyigbo in Rivers state allegedly killed two hausa the same hypocrites that will give you 5000 reasons why some people that speak Igbo in South south are not Igbo starting raining hell on Ndigbo even Mr. Arrewa that calls Igbos attachee by force starting threatening reprisals on "Igbos" in the north with our western brothers that will call you derogatory names if you call any south south Igbo fanning it. None of them accused "delta Igbo", none of them threatened "Niger Delta", I didn't see anybody text "ikwerre" or "Rivers Igbo", "Anioma" or "Bini"
All they threatened was "Igbo".
I've never seen such hypocrisy
grin e shock u Abi.
I've refused to open that thread because IPOB jonsed big time, secondly it's igbos that will bear the brunt of reprisals if any happens in the north, if any ijaw or ibibio or urhobo or any Niger Deltan is killed it might be due to inability to differentiate between Igbo and Niger Delta groups or just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I strongly condemn what IPOB did yesterday tho.

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023 by OfoIgbo: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
HarryDuce:
Despite the media clout on the issue, the riverine tribes do no trust themselves - especially the Kalabaris.

Besides, there are other tribes in Rivers state.

Kalabaris are not the only people that have not governed Rivers state.
Ogonis, Ogbas, Etches, Ubanis, Ibanis, Ekpeyes, Andonis, Okrikans, Asas, Ndokkis. Omumas have not governed. And I will advice Rivers people to respect the rights of every ethnic group of Rivers state.

Of course, I am an Igbo man from Anambra state, but will like to see equal opportunity given to every ethnic group of Rivers state.

Rufus Ada-George may be an Okrika man, in which case Okrika will have to be removed from the above list of ethnic groups to be considered in 2023.

I will also advice the Igbos from the SE and Delta states, who are resident in Rivers state to vote wisely when the time comes. To only consider non-anti-Igbo candidates when they cast their votes grin grin

Making sure anyone like Ijawcitizen or Diette Spiff never smells the Rivers state government house, ever again
Re: Rivers 2023 by Graysons: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
bigpriik:
grin grin Nigerians shooting themselves on the leg since 1960 in the name of Igbo oppression..

You guys carved parts of igboland into The southsouth now they have dominated you guys because its on our DNA we never carry last you guys will remain our slaves in Rivers and delta state don't worry.. cheesy cheesy
And igbos will never be presdient of Nigeria how does it feel to be slave in Nigeria fake jew?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers 2023 by garfield1: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
I've said it wike is planning to retain power in ikwerre land or worst still give it to onelga to chief go round.
Apc is the best way to the brick house.the ijaw and ogonis must work together.magnus should be governor and someone from kalabari like ojukaye amachree should deputize

(1) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic Is Here October 1 / End SARS: Police Brutality Shows Governors Are Not Chief Security Officers – Gov / IGP DISSOLVES THE SPECIAL ANTI-ROBBERY SQUAD (SARS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.