Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira (930 Views)

US To Press Nigeria To Devalue Naira - Reuters / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists / Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 22, 2011
BREAKING NEWS:

SANUSI REJECTS IMF SATANIC ADVICE TO DEVALUE NAIRA

Says ''advice not based on sound economic logic''

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-21/sanusi-rejects-advice-from-imf-to-weaken-nigeria-s-overvalued-currency.html

Thank you sir.

May a thousand blessings be showered upon you. Amen.

IMF, go and look for another country to destroy!
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by birdman(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2011
kudos to Sanusi.
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by martyns303(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2011
Dora use to be the only person i admire, as in back in her NAFDAC days, but then this Sanusi of a guy is something else. Too much Brain and confidence. Thank God it ain't GEJ making the decision.
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by birdman(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2011
^It would not surprise me if GEJ tried to challenge this. Perhaps in his cowardly way, use Segun "GS" Aganga.
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by Jeel: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2011
D first right decision sanusi ever took
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 22, 2011
Somebody shout halleluya grin
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by Ikengawo: 9:40am On Feb 22, 2011
this man is my favorite northerner right now!
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by macjive01: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2011
na wao , for people ooh, why are u shouting and praising sanusi, have u taken time to read the fine lines of the advise?
Most developed nations are devaluing, why not Nigeria? (im not saying im in support of the said devaluation)
Sanusi need to make a case of why the currency doesnt need one at this time.
simply taking a seemingly stubborn stand and lesser demanding responsibility and saying a NO doesnt make it the better decision.

Nigeria is not an industrial exporting nation
if the naira gets any strong as a result of other nations devaluing their currency wud mean an influx of imported, current-rate -induced-cheaper foreign goods thereby knocking out any resurgent manufacturing sector. which wud then lead to massive redundancy and death of our companies. lay off of workers.
your mother and my father wud be laid off. No food for my brother and ur sister. inability to pay the ensuing house rents wud mean a quick notice . which wud then lead ur family and mine to oshodi under bridge!

NOW IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? stop praising sanusi , rather ask him to make a convincing case as why not?( thats why he is paid)
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by keeeem: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2011
@macjive01

Please we all here are not morons. If you need reasons why devaluation is not good for us, read the interview all over again. He has given enough and convincing reasons. We are an import-dependent economy and devaluing will cause inflation the more.

It is not just in Harvard that Economics is taught. Long before the whitemen came, our fore-fathers have been involved in commerce so what happens in US economy might not apply here. The man is doing something commendable here let's give thumbs up to him and not come up with innuendos that will rubbish what he has done

To me Sanusi is one of the best things that has happened to us in this country. He is a bold and proud man. If every Nigerian could stand up and be counted like him, then Nigeria's march to stardom is a matter of months

Kudos to Sanusi men
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by macjive01: 10:58am On Feb 22, 2011
name 2 things he has done? if not

wreck our economy?

"debanked" the banks

caused massive lay off = unemployment = high rate of criminality = kidnapings

no new idea. ooh there is one, to Islamize our banking system. clap for him.

the spread of our banks has been cut off, nibbed at its infant by aggressive "bold" call out and maladminstrtion by sanusi boys. dont forget if our banks spread into other countries and their citizens deposit in the banks, somehow somehow that is money availble to the nigerian investors and nigerian as a whole. swiss bank shud ring a bell. why do u think london is so rich= their international Banks!!
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by keeeem: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2011
There's no point bantering words with you but just let me point this out to you.

I am a father and I have kids. The fact that a child misbehaved once on a particular occasion does not mean you write him off. No human being is perfect. Sanusi has good intentions yes but the emotions he added to it was what made people to miscontrue his mission.

If one has anything against him, exposing the lawmakers and the latest one is enough to doff a hat for the guy. Guy!!! commend a child when he's doing well and stop making emotion-laden statements here
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by macjive01: 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2011
A CBN manager that cant steer our economy to positivity. He shud better go contest an election into the house and debate and argue with his kind, he has no business and knowledge of 21st century banking.

He has been trying to sell his induced failed bank for close to a year yet no meanful suitor has seeked interest, No 3 institutions did
A pakistani bank- a second tier bank just like wema bank in Nigeria.
A private Lebanese club
A south Africa microfinance/community bank

Is that not a disgrace? These banks sanusi intends sell were just before he came on board were chased around by the big wigs in international banking. Llords tsb bank of britain, stanbic of southafrica, even morgan stanley and US city bank.

Sanusi might mk a Gud law maker with his boldness but CBN manager ? I dont think so. He has no international reputation neither has he got the  acumen to develop our banking industry to height it shud maintain in this year and time, and induce confidence to lure investors.

Be shud get out. But he wudnt.
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by hercules07: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2011
@Mac

So Sanusi caused unemployment abi, did he also cause Global warming? When the former CEOS of the banks were running their banks like Kalo Kalo machine you people did not talk, Sanusi sanitises the place, you are calling him names, whether you like it or not, your benefactors are going to chop beans and should be careful about dropping soap.
On the IMF issue, the problems we have are fiscal in nature not monetary, if GEJ can just be a bit clueless and put Nigeria before his selfish ambition, we can nip a lot of the problems in the bud, we need to drastically reduce how much we pay to our elected officials, concentrate on getting power supply, invest in agriculture and look at other avenues of foreign exchange, I will rather we make more money from activities that involve using our mental and physical powers instead of just drilling for oil.
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by karlmax2: 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2011
people who make cheap comments about GEJ anytime their is a post about the economy or any issue are not been truthful ,gej has only been in office for 9 months.and every idiot on nairaland call him names. expecially those from the northern part of the country and some clueless people that dont know there history. for those who call him names can you compare ur c.v with his own.EVEN THE PERSON U SUPPORT. is it buhari that has been in power since our independent. that put us were we are today and u expect someone to turn it around in 9 months.
Re: Sanusi Rejects IMF Advice To Devalue Naira by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2011
This is revealing, only macjive01 has made sense here grin, the others are just saying things they dont know and arguing with emotion undecided cool

(1) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose's House In Banana Island / Presidential Pardon / Anambra To Begin Registration Of Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.