Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Who Is Afraid Of Obinna Oriaku? ~ Uchenna Ukoh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Afraid Of Obinna Oriaku? ~ Uchenna Ukoh (439 Views)

Ex-Abia Finance Commissioner, Oriaku 'Dancing Naked In Market Square', By Nnamdi / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of Obinna Oriaku? ~ Uchenna Ukoh by Rumniggar123(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2020
Who is Afraid of Obinna Oriaku? ~ Uchenna Ukoh[b][/b]

Events of the past few days are sad reminders that the predators in Abia State, who sworn to suck Abia State dry, are not resting on their oars. Otherwise a courageous,albeit, redemptive explication of facts,by Obinna Oriaku, should not have aroused such needless vituperations from people who should know better.

Where did Obinna go wrong? If I should ask. Or what aberrations were contained in his exposé? How and where exactly did he indict his principal and friend, the Governor? Better ask, how classified are the information he released?

I only pray that the mischievous pundits do not drive Obinna into revealing the unimaginable.Because, If I consider what Oriaku knows, about the system, in the light of what he revealed, I will even accuse him of being guilty of taciturnity in the face of injustice.

My deductions from Obinna's interview are simple:

1. That the problems inhibiting the growth of Abia State is "foundational," arising, perhaps, from an incongruous socio-political structure ab- initio .

2. That there is an urgent need for more sacrifice by both the led and the leaders. It is preposterous that while the Ebony State legislators receive about 1 million as their monthly emoluments,some privileged Abia legislators part with a humongous 8 to 10. million naira monthly, ancillary benefits included as the State spends over 140m on Capital and Overhead Monthly .Even the allegation that the "egunjé" to pass the budget costs the state millions of naira is also unimaginable when compared to what goes on in Ebonyi State.

3. That there is complete dearth of Private sector presence. The Government is indeed inundated,overwhelmed, with rising employment needs. A humongous 67,000 workforce in a debilitating economy,as ours, is overbearing?

4.That so much of Abia income goes to salary payment.Imagine, out of a total 156billion, FAAC accurable, for the first 4 year term of the present Government, 100billion goes into salary while N56billion only goes for overhead and capital projects. What a misnomer!

I hereby submit that Oriaku's revelation should rather evoke a sober reflection on the people of Abia State order than the misinformed tantrums coming from inconsequential misfits.

His detailed analysis brings to the fore the stack reality that all is not well with Abia State,not the least the system that brought it to be.

Obinna is rather an advocate of change ! I don't care what you think about him...but repentance is allowed just as restitution is permissible.

One thing is certain, that what Oriaku said, in the podcast,is not inconsistent with the views he has always advanced even on air at Magic Fm and love Fm overtime, even, while in Government...

Obinna was on secondment from First bank of Nigeria and worked Pro bono for the 4yr....He name was not in the payroll of the State as First bank was paying him while working for the State..

Evidences also abound that Obinna, has always, in the past advanced some plausible policies that could actuate positive changes,though, such policies are seemingly in conflict with the avaricious tendencies inherent in some of the power players.

It may also be interesting to note that Obinna's stand, on fiscal frugality, has been sustained even till date .

Just imagine the difference between buying a Prado of 30m against a Hyundai 1X35 of 6.7m in 2015

I believe that sense of sacrifice also subsist in the choice of a Pajero jeep of 16m or a Fortuna of 18m. Juxtapose with a Prado of 30m! Can't we replicate such frugality accross board ?

If you are indeed an advocate of change, then, you should salute the courage of Oriaku for standing with the like of late Nwakodo, former COS to the Governor, and other good spirited Abians to engender few changes that the system is currently leveraging on.

Imagine a Commissioner of Finance attending monthly FAAC meeting at the cost of 1.6m naira ! Compare that with the N500 thousand naira and futher reduction of exco allowance from N1m to present 500k.Oriaku courageously brought to bear for the four years he was in charge...

So who is afraid of Oriaku? I ask again.

What we urgently need is a redress. A total "re-jig." Using Oriaku's word. And a purposeful and deliberate WILL to effect the right changes.

I expect,going forward, that our public discussion should be dominated by genuine brainstorming of how to salvage our State from unpatriotic bougeorsis masquerading as stakeholders.

No doubt Obinna Oriaku has been part of the system. Regardless, his courage to open up, the existential rots bedeviling growth, is commendable. We need people like him who can speak out no matter whose ox is gored.

Abia is a state in dire need of a respite.
I know that Governor Ikpeazu can drive the needed changes, but he must be more resolute and fearless. He should not only engender policies but he must ensure the policies are implemented to the latter.

I stand by Obinna Oriaku.

Uchenna Ukoh.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Birthday: 10 Things You Might Not Know About Lead Biafra Agitator / No More End Sars Now #adamubuharimustgo / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.